Sunday, July 28th
Inside the American Mob, series premiere at 9pm on Nat Geo
– Delve into the secret underworld of the American Mafia, as told by the criminals who lived it and the law enforcers who hunted it. This dramatic six-part series chronicles the true-life story of the modern Mob in America, as former mobsters, informants, and FBI agents expose the takedown of the deadliest and most infamous organized crime ring in U.S. history. A combination of recently declassified files, first-person accounts by federal officials and the mafioso themselves, and rare archival footage sheds a new light on the raw, violent, and corrupt underworld that gripped America for decades.
Unforgettable, season premiere at 9pm on CBS
– CBS’ resurrected sophomore crime procedural stars Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells, an NYPD detective with a rare ability that makes her memory so flawless that every place, every conversation, every joy and every heartbreak is forever embedded in her mind, ready to be accessed at a moment’s notice. Feeling that her ability prevented her from leading a normal life, Carrie withdrew from police work for several years, until she was unexpectedly reunited with her ex-boyfriend and partner, Detective Al Burns. After consulting on a case, Carrie decided that she belonged back on the job and joined Al in the Queens PD. Carrie’s memory helped her and Al close a staggering number of murder cases, which catches the eye of Eliot Delson, head of the Major Crimes Section of the NYPD. Carrie and Al agree to leave Queens to join Eliot’s team in Manhattan, though Carrie forces him to bring on Joanne Webster, a brilliant medical examiner well-known to Eliot for her acerbic personality. Armed with her unique ability and backed up by the people she trusts the most, Carrie now helps protect the citizens of New York, with each case more memorable than the last.
Total Divas, series premiere at 10pm on E!
– Get up-close and personal with the WWE Divas like never before with E!’s new reality show highlighting the professional and personal lives of WWE’s leading ladies. With complete and utter access to the backstage workings of WWE, the show examines the preparation and fallout from matches, the romantic entanglements of a WWE locker room and, of course, the efforts of prospective new Divas to break through into the ranks. The show will highlight the lives of five current WWE Divas — Natalya, The Bella Twins and The Funkadactyls — and hit the ground running, following a tag team match between The Bellas and Funkadactyls on the last Raw before WrestleMania 29. The show will follow the lives of WWE’s women as they travel around the country, living, loving and competing along the way. Viewers will also be introduced to Eva Marie and Jo-Jo Offerman, two prospective new Divas who have yet to earn their stripes, and will be tested along the way before they’re accepted into WWE’s prestigious women’s corps.
Monday, July 29th
The Writers’ Room, series premiere at 10pm on Sundance
Hosted by Academy Award-winning screenwriter (“The Descendants”), comedian and actor Jim Rash (Community), the six episode series will spotlight an array of scripted television shows – from today’s pioneering cable dramas, including Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones and American Horror Story to the most critically acclaimed and popular network sitcoms, including Parks and Recreation and New Girl. The roundtable talk show will delve deep into the world of TV’s creative masterminds, divulging inside details about their smartest choices, toughest decisions and biggest mistakes.
Tuesday, July 30th
Nikki & Sara LIVE, season premiere at 11pm on MTV
– Comedians Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer bring a much-needed late night sensibility to the world of pop culture featuring live commentary and celebrity guests. Nikki & Sara LIVE is a weekly late night comedy program, featuring the latest news in pop culture, co-hosted by acclaimed stand-up comedians Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer. The show-set in the MTV studios overlooking Times Square-combines fast-paced humor, celebrity interviews, pre-taped sketches, man-on-the-street packages and more. The clever and incisive commentary Nikki and Sara honed on their popular podcast “You Had To Be There,” is infused throughout the show’s four acts. Act one consists of sharp, rapid-rapid fire jokes on the latest topics and gossip. Act two features produced tape pieces, sketches and recurring segments. In act three, Nikki and Sara interview celebrity guests. And in act four, anything goes.
Capture, series premiere at 9pm on The CW
– In the wild, you are either the hunter or you are the prey. Twelve teams of two are about to enter the Hunting Grounds, a high-tech wilderness compound, where they must live in primitive conditions for one month in a winner-take-all battle to survive. At the mercy of the Game Master, the teams compete against each other for scarce resources and a $250,000 grand prize. Each week, different teams are designated as the Hunters. The teams being hunted are living on limited rations and wearing high-tech equipment that forces them to stay constantly on the move, making hunger and exhaustion very real problems. Additional food can be found at the Supply Station, but since the Hunters may the area staked out at any time, a visit to the Station is extremely risky. Emotions run high and sabotage is common as the teams all work to stay on the move and out of the range of the Hunters. The individual teams work through the tension and tough conditions, but relationships are often pushed to the breaking point. Meanwhile, the Hunters are using strategy and the latest GPS technology to track down the other teams and tag them by activating a pulsating device known as the Talon. When the Hunters have two teams in captivity, the rest of the competitors will vote on who stays and who goes. As the teams are eliminated, the Game Master also continuously decreases the size of the playing field, making hiding places even scarcer for those who remain. In this sophisticated game of cat-and-mouse, only one team will prevail to walk away with the $250,000 prize.
Wednesday, July 31st
2013 Do Something! Awards, live awards show from 8 to 10pm on VH1
– VH1’s Do Something! Awards is back and ready to show the world that the youth of today do more than text and tweet. DoSomething.org, the country’s largest not-for-profit for young people and change, teams up again with VH1 for the 2013 Do Something! Awards. This year’s high-energy celebration hosted by Sophia Bush will honor celebrities Jennifer Hudson, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Kelly Osbourne, LL Cool J and Patrick Dempsey for their amazing social change leadership. These five incredibly influential superstars were chosen based on the amazing work that they have done and their stories will be told for the world to see. The spotlight will also be on five “do-gooders,” 25 and under, who are in the trenches, creating substantial change in our world. Sasha Fisher, Daniel Maree, Jillian Mourning, Lorella Praeli and Ben Simon will each receive a grant of $10,000 to help with their cause. It’s safe to say, these honorees have done more in their quarter lives than most have done in their whole lives!
Thursday, August 1st
2013 Young Hollywood Awards, live awards show from 8 to 10pm on The CW
– As it celebrates its 15th Year, The Young Hollywood Awards, long regarded as the “Oscars of Young Hollywood,” will partner with The CW Network to broadcast this year’s star-studded red-carpet event for the first time. Every year the Young Hollywood Awards honor a group of still at least somewhat wet-behind-the-ears performers who may become the next Kristen Stewart or Ryan Gosling. The 2013 recipients include Kit Harington from Game of Thrones (Actor of the Year), Orphan Black star Tatiana Malsany (Breakthrough Performance—Female), and Kelly Osbourne (Style Icon).
Chuck’s Eat the Street, season premiere at 10pm on Cooking Channel
– Eat the Street will take us on a tour of the most famous streets in America – by way of the food available on them! Be it Walnut Street in Philadelphia or Mission Street in San Francisco or Magazine Street in New Orleans – our host Chuck Hughes will experience the food, history and lore behind these famous streets.
Hatfields & McCoys: White Lightning, season premiere at 10pm on History
– To this day, the backwoods descendants of the Hatfields and McCoys continue to live in the remote and volatile hollows along the West Virginia and Kentucky border. Settled in one of the poorest areas of the country, they work in coal mines, hunt squirrels, raise goats, revere their grannies, make moonshine and take pride in their history. Now, a new state law could make things even worse, starting a whole new chapter of their infamous rivalry. To aid a troubled economy, West Virginia recently legalized the distillation and sale of moonshine. Residents can now openly sell the once-illicit whiskey their ancestors killed and died for. Seeing the potential for a hot new brand and billion dollar profits, a St. Louis investor offers to set the Hatfields and McCoys up in business to make a completely “authentic” HATFIELD & MCCOY Moonshine. The families must supply their legendary recipes, well water and family labor, and they must agree to work together. Hatfields & McCoys: White Lightning follows these two famous families as they try to put aside their hateful history and come together to build a new business. Their story is less about making moonshine and more about the clashes between and within the two families that threaten success at every turn. The only thing they agree on is that they are suspicious of their new investor. Progress is slow and often comedic as tempers flare up, tensions run high and family competition and century-old rivalries continue on a whole new level. Can the Hatfields and McCoys get past their famous feud and find a path to a brighter future and a new history?
Friday, August 2nd
America’s Next Top Model, season premiere from 8 to 10pm on The CW
– Cycle 20 of America’s Next Top Model, hosted by Tyra Banks, returns with new prizes and a new twist – men! The first-ever “Guys and Girls” edition will have eight men and eight women living under one roof to battle it out to earn the prestigious title of America’s Next Top Model. This cycle will explore the similarities and differences that male and female models face in the pursuit of their careers, bringing on experts and celebrities to mentor and challenge them each week. There will be more than a little opportunity for rivalry, flirtation and romance. The model hopefuls will compete for a career-launching prize package that includes new prize suppliers Next Model Management and GUESS, as well as Nylon Magazine. The winner will receive prizes including: a $100,000 national ad campaign with GUESS, whose advertising campaigns have launched many modeling careers; a fashion feature in Nylon Magazine, as well as a modeling contract with Next Model Management. In addition to the panel of judges, which includes Banks, fashion public relations maven Kelly Cutrone, and former boxer and international male supermodel Rob Evans, the public will again be able to have a say in who stays and who goes in the competition. Famed stylist Johnny Wujek returns as photo shoot creative consultant and top fashion blogger Bryanboy will return as the social media correspondent, mentoring the models and highlighting the scores, comments and video messages from the viewers that will be revealed in the show during judging.
Tanked, season premiere at 10pm on Animal Planet
– Following the antics of two brothers-in-law as they run the largest aquarium manufacturing company in the nation, Tanked dunks viewers into the high-decibel, family-owned business of Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM). Led by business partners, best friends and constant rivals Wayde King and Brett Raymer, this 13,000 square foot facility, located in Las Vegas, produces some of the most outrageous, larger-than-life and one-of-a-kind tanks for some of the most striking fish and clients around. No job is too big, too far, or too outlandish as Wayde and Brett travel the world to make fellow fish enthusiast’s dreams of having their own little piece of the ocean a reality. They’ve created tanks to look like pyramids, spheres, phone booths, cars, kegs, the female anatomy and much more. Their work is customized to fit intricate and interesting locations including restaurants, casinos, banks, hotels, churches, corporate offices, mansions, museums and zoos. Working with opinionated and outrageous family and staff, including Wayde’s wife, Heather, and Brett and Heather’s father, “The General”, the show reveals the stress, success, and sometimes dysfunction, of a family business that has been running strong for 14 years. Tanked brings the secrets of the underwater world to the surface with a comedic twist, leaving viewers amazed and enthralled with each project from conception to final reveal.
Saturday, August 3rd
Too Cute!, season premiere at 9pm on Animal Planet
– Tune in for Too Cute! and witness the world of puppies and kittens as they never have before with unprecedented footage and never-before-seen clips of the early lives of dogs and cats. This series contains material that is just too cute! It is a world where cuddly knows no bounds and a place where fluffy reigns supreme. First up is Puppies, a light-hearted, high-end nature documentary that follows the birth and first months of three distinct puppy litters from the puppies’ perspectives. This is puppies the way they were meant to be seen, ridiculously up-close and in jaw-dropping super slow-motion. Next up is Kittens, The remarkable story of three adorable kitten litters coming of age. From unsteady first steps to daring kitty pounces, the first eight weeks of their lives will be an epic journey for these adventurous Abyssinians, brash Bengals and perfect Persians. Between pushy puppies and bubble baths, a kitten’s first few months may appear exhausting – but these cuddly kittens are simply too loveable, too curious, and too cute to quit.
Psychic Tia, series premiere at 10pm on A&E
– A&E’s new supernatural docu-series centers on celebrity psychic medium Tia and her remarkable gift to transcend the physical world and enter into the spiritual one. As a former New Jersey police detective, Tia noticed that her psychic intuition was playing a key role in her detective work, so she decided to focus her ability in a new direction: her own business! At her New Jersey store The Craft, Tia shares her exceptional skills as both a medium and a psychic with her clients…and this outspoken intuitive, like any bona fide Jersey girl, truly tells it like she sees it. Tia’s no-nonsense, direct approach is one of a kind, and an appointment with her is truly a life-changing experience! Tia’s amazing readings range from crossing over to future telling to performing charms and incantations. Her main intention throughout is to use her vision to provide guidance to her clients and help them live better lives – and in Tia’s own life, between running a business, having a family, and listening to spirits, it can get pretty noisy!