Sunday, October 6th
Witches of East End, series premiere at 10pm on Lifetime
– Lifetime’s newest drama features an all-star cast headlined by Emmy Award-winner Julia Ormond (“Temple Grandin,” Mad Men), Mädchen Amick (Mad Men, Damages), Jenna Dewan Tatum (American Horror Story) and Rachel Boston (In Plain Sight) as a family of witches living in the secluded seaside town of East Haven. Inspired by Melissa de la Cruz’s New York Times best-selling novel, Witches of East End centers on the mysterious Beauchamp family: free-spirited artist Joanna (Ormond) and her two grown daughters, wild-child bartender Freya (Dewan Tatum) and shy librarian Ingrid (Boston), both of whom are unaware that they are gifted (and cursed) with a magical birthright. Freya is recently engaged to the man of her dreams, wealthy playboy Dash Gardiner (Winter), but when she finds herself inexplicably drawn to Dash’s troubled, enigmatic brother Killian (DiTomasso), bizarre occurrences begin to manifest in her life. Meanwhile, Joanna’s long-estranged sister Wendy (Amick) shows up with a warning that could change the Beauchamps’ fate forever, forcing Joanna to reveal to her daughters that they are, indeed, immortal witches who possess great untapped powers. With their idyllic small-town life now turned upside down, and a formidable and ancient enemy intent on ending the Beauchamp family line, will Freya and Ingrid be able to accept their true potential before it is too late?
Monday, October 7th
Beauty and the Beast, season premiere at 9pm on The CW
– Detective Catherine Chandler (Kristin Kreuk), shaken to the core over the fact that everything she thought she knew about her life has been a lie, is determined to get answers to the secrets that have been revealed about her family. Cat must also try to navigate her evolving relationship with handsome doctor Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan), who struggles with becoming a terrifying beast when he is enraged, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat and Vincent continue to grapple with the desire to be a normal couple while trying to keep a low profile in order to stay one step ahead of the mysterious organization known as Muirfield, now on the hunt for both of them.
Dream School, series premiere at 10pm on Sundance
– The faculty is famous. The kids are dropouts. Will they succeed and change the course of these kids’ lives? Or will they get schooled by a group of students who are unimpressed and unwilling to follow even basic school rules? Executive produced by Jamie Oliver and Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson and with celebrity teachers Soledad O’Brien, Suze Orman, Oliver Stone, Swizz Beatz, Jeff Corwin, David Arquette, Jesse Jackson and more.
Tuesday, October 8th
The Biggest Loser, season premiere at 8pm on NBC
– Fifteen inspiring contestants, including the show’s first celebrity player, Ruben Studdard, an uplifting “Second Chances” theme, and fun, new creative elements ignite Season 15 of NBC’s popular series The Biggest Loser. Alison Sweeney hosts the series featuring charismatic trainers Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Dolvett Quince, who have helped contestants lose over 26,600 pounds collectively during 14 seasons of the motivational show. This season’s inspiring theme of “Second Chances” will be seen through the compelling stories of 15 contestants, all on their own unique journeys to reclaim their health and re-write their futures. It has been a decade since Ruben Studdard was crowned the winner of American Idol and launched a successful music career. Now he returns to television on a very different stage, hoping to lose weight and learn how to live a healthy lifestyle. Ruben is this season’s heaviest contestant at 462 pounds. Other contestants this season include an Olympic weight lifter, a single mom addicted to food, and a former competitive swimmer.
Supernatural, season premiere at 9pm on The CW
– The thrilling and terrifying journey of the Winchester Brothers continues with the ninth season of Supernatural on The CW. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) have spent the last eight years battling the things that go bump in the night. Over the years, with the help of the fallen angel Castiel (Misha Collins), and the King of Hell, Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard), the Winchesters have straddled the line between good and evil. Last season, the boys faced their most important mission yet: close the gates of Hell once and for all. With the help of the prophet Kevin Tran (Osric Chau), Sam and Dean set forth to perform the Trials required to close the gates. While the boys worked to shut Crowley and his minions down for good, a new threat to his reign emerged: the Knight of Hell, Abaddon (Alaina Huffman). As the struggle for Hell’s command began, Castiel set about his own set of Trials. With the aid of God’s scribe Metatron (Curtis Armstrong), Cass went on a mission to close the Gates of Heaven. However, he found out too late that the Scribe had nefarious intentions, and Cass paid the price. His Grace forcibly removed, Castiel watched as Metatron’s machinations came to fruition – and the angels of Heaven fell. Season Nine begins with the fallout from the angels’ descent to Earth. Sam and Dean are faced with a world inhabited by thousands of powerful beings who immediately begin to form their own agendas.
Criss Angel: BeLIEve, special at 11pm on Spike
– Criss goes Masked Magician on us and takes audiences behind the scenes as he puts his tricks—sorry, illusions—together.
Wednesday, October 9th
Arrow, season premiere at 8pm on The CW
– After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he’s become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be – flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle – while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel’s father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver’s own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.
The Tomorrow People, series premiere at 9pm on The CW
– They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities — the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson (Robbie Amell, Revenge) stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager — until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity. In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People — John, Cara and Russell — a genetically advanced race with the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation and telepathic communication. The Tomorrow People are being hunted down by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. Led by Dr. Jedikiah Price, Ultra sees the Tomorrow People as a very real existential threat from a rival species, and the outcast group has been forced to hide out in an abandoned subway station just beneath the surface of the human world. Trading in secrets, Jedikiah offers Stephen the chance for a normal life with his family and best friend, Astrid, if he will help in the struggle to isolate and eradicate the Tomorrow People. On the other hand, Cara, John and Russell offer Stephen a different type of family and a home where he truly belongs. Unwilling to turn his back on humanity or the world of the Tomorrow People, Stephen sets out on his own path — a journey that could take him into the shadowy past to uncover the truth about his father’s mysterious disappearance, or into an unknown future with The Tomorrow People.
Full Circle, series premiere at 9pm on DirecTV
– One attempted connection leads to another. And then another. Set in a restaurant called Ellipsis, Full Circle bears witness to the complexity of human interaction. Each episode centers on two characters and the tangled drama of their relationship. One of them returns with another character in the following episode to reveal a whole new aspect of the riveting story. What happens when it all comes full circle?
American Horror Story: Coven, season premiere at 10pm on FX
– American Horror Story: Coven tells the secret history of witches and witchcraft in America. Over three hundred years have passed since the turbulent days of Salem and those who managed to escape are now facing extinction. Mysterious attacks have been escalating against their kind and young girls are being sent away to a special school in New Orleans to learn how to protect themselves. Wrapped up in the turmoil is new arrival, Zoe, who is harboring a terrifying secret of her own. Alarmed by the recent aggression, Fiona, the long-absent Supreme, sweeps back into town, determined to protect the Coven and hell-bent on decimating anyone who gets in her way.
Thursday, October 10th
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, series premiere at 8pm on ABC
– The Alice in Wonderland-themed spinoff of ABC’s fairy tale drama series Once Upon A Time is finally here. In Victorian England, young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells an impossible tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah-smoking caterpillar and playing cards that can talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during her adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane. Her doctors intend to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget—everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever, the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But in her heart Alice knows this world is real, and just in the nick of time the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from her fate. Together the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to a Wonderland where nothing is impossible.
Million Dollar Shoppers, series premiere at 10:30pm on Lifetime
– Enter the never-before-seen and elite world of personal shopping, where there are no limits to what one will do to find the perfect wardrobe for their rich, famous, powerful and often high-maintenance clients. Million Dollar Shoppers features these fashion tastemakers and trendsetters going to great extremes to deliver the best pieces to their glamorous clients while delivering an in-home shopping experience known only by a select few. Million Dollar Shoppers will premiere at 10:30pm before moving to its regular time slot at 10:00pm on October 24. Providing a revealing look into the exclusive world of the affluent, each episode will feature three personal shoppers who make their living on the hunt for the most coveted fashion splurges for their wealthy clients. With their pride, reputation and, ultimately, final commission on the line, the shoppers take close inventory of their clients’ jaw-dropping closets and homes before consulting with them about their fashion needs, ranging from a specific event, upcoming vacation or an entire wardrobe makeover. Empowered with the customers’ credit cards in hand, they execute their savvy, retail sense and fashion connections to purchase what they believe fulfills their tough clients’ vision of having the finest luxuries available…first. Will they complete their missions? That will remain to be seen until the clients meticulously review all purchases before approving each and every expense. Each week, viewers will follow the colorful, driven shoppers to see who rakes in the most commission and the ultimate bragging rights.
Saturday, October 12th
Vanilla Ice Goes Amish, series premiere at 10pm on DIY
– Vanilla Ice Goes Amish follows rock-star home improvement expert Vanilla Ice as he travels deep into the largest Amish settlement in the United States. He is on a quest to learn the lost art of hand-craftsmanship and will embed with an Amish family to arrive at his goal. Along the way he will meet a group of young Amish men and women who teach him the traditions, practices and trades that have made the Amish one of the most mysterious — and misunderstood — groups in the world. Together they will tackle construction projects ranging from kitchen additions to an old-school barn raising.