Sunday, February 17th
The Amazing Race, season premiere at 8pm on CBS
– The nine-time Emmy Award-winning reality series returns for its 22nd season of the epic race around the world! Amazing host Phil Keoghan will be there every step of the way for this spring installment, which pits 11 teams of two against each other on a trek around the world for approximately 25 days. This season we will follow Race teams to Botswana, Bora Bora, and Keoghan’s very own New Zealand (among many other fabulous destinations)! At every destination, each team must compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical, and only when the tasks are completed will they learn of their next location. Teams who are the farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.
2013 NBA All-Star Game, special sports event at 8pm on TNT
– When the NBA’s best players get together at the All-Star Game at the Toyota Center in Houston, the Western Conference will be looking to notch their third straight victory over the East. This year, look for the same stars to lead the Western Conference. Durant and Bryant will be joined in the starting lineup in 2013 by Bryant’s Lakers’ teammate Dwight Howard at center, who will be making his first appearance for the West. A pair of Los Angeles Clippers, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, round out the starting lineup. Meanwhile, the Eastern Conference will be led by reigning MVP LeBron James, who will make his ninth straight All-Star appearance in 2013. His Miami Heat teammate Dwyane Wade joins him in the starting lineup, as do New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony and Celtics center Kevin Garnett. Incredibly, the East has six players on their roster who will be playing in their first All-Star Game.
Sports Illustrated: The Making of Swimsuit ’13, special at 8pm on Travel
– Go behind-the-scenes for a look into this year’s Swimsuit edition. From battling sandstorms in the Africa to traversing cliffs in Asia, see what goes into capturing the sexiest moments on film.
Killing Lincoln, TV-movie premiere at 8pm on National Geographic Channel
– April 14, 1865. One gunshot. One assassin hell-bent on killing “a tyrant,” as he charged — the 16th President of the United States. And in one moment, our nation was forever changed. This is the most dramatic and resonant crime in American history: the true story of the killing of Abraham Lincoln. From Executive Producers Ridley Scott and Tony Scott (The Good Wife), and narrated by Tom Hanks, National Geographic Channel’s first ever docudrama, Killing Lincoln, based on the New York Times bestseller, combines re-creations with historical insight in a thrilling chronicle of the final days of President Lincoln and his assassin, John Wilkes Booth. Brush up on your Lincoln history with this made-for-TV movie before “Lincoln” battles it out at the Oscars next Sunday for top honors.
Wendell & Vinnie, series premiere at 8pm on Nick@Nite
– Vinnie is just living the dream! He’s the owner of a pop culture memorabilia store, has an awesome pad in LA, and doesn’t have a care in the world. After a sudden twist of events, Vinnie finds himself as the legal guardian of his wise-beyond-his-years nephew, Wendell. With a little help from Vinnie’s sister, Wilma and next door neighbor Taryn, Vinnie gets the hang of being a parent. At the same time, Wendell could just be the parent Vinnie needs!
Catch My Killer, series premiere at 9pm on Investigation Discovery
– This new series showcases the country’s most dramatic and surprising cold cases and law enforcement’s elite Cold Case detectives who solve them. The series shows how time, technology and burdens of the past combine to reopen old cases and old wounds to take the audience on an emotional journey between past and present, as unsolved homicides are re-opened… solving haunting whodunit mysteries, putting those who ‘almost got away with it’ behind bars, and giving loved ones long-awaited answers to painful questions.
Monday, February 18th
Adventure Time, season premiere at 7:30pm on Cartoon
– This animated series follows the adventures of Finn, a silly kid who wants to become a great hero one day. He might not look too tough, but if there’s evil around, he’ll slay it. That’s his deal. His best friend is Jake, a dog with magical powers. Finn and Jake live in the post-apocalyptic Land of Ooo. Ward describes Finn as a fiery little kid with strong morals, while Jake is based on Bill Murray’s character in the movie Meatballs. With Jake the dog and Finn the human, the fun will never end.
Fast N’ Loud, season premiere at 9pm on Discovery
– In each episode of Fast N’ Loud, motor mastermind Richard Rawlings and mechanical prodigy Aaron Kaufmann search the far flung corners of Texas and surrounding states for forgotten and derelict classic cars to buy and restore at their Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas, Texas. While ‘in Rome,’ they’ll sometimes get in with the local customs and characters — the all American, full throttle road trip with attitude. Ultimately, Richard and Aaron will work days and nights to finish their cars to make auction. But will their blood, sweat and beers translate into cold hard cash?
Tuesday, February 19th
Cult, series premiere at 9pm on The CW
– Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton (Matt Davis, The Vampire Diaries) has learned to live with his younger brother Nate’s relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate’s paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show Cult and its rabid fans. The fictitious show, centered on the cat-and-mouse game between a charismatic cult leader and the detective who was once a cult member, has become an obsession for its viewers – and now some of its devotees seem to be taking their fixation to deadly extremes in the real world. In the parallel worlds of the show-within-a-show, the cult’s leader, Billy Grimm, is played by actor Roger Reeves (the double role of Billy/Roger is played by the brilliant Robert Knepper, Prison Break, Shameless). Roger plays Billy as a compelling but ruthless leader, a man whose primary agenda is winning back his former follower and lover, Kelly Collins, played by actress Marti Gerritsen (the double role of Kelly/Marti is played by Alona Tal, Supernatural, The Killing). Since escaping from the cult, Kelly has become an LAPD detective and finds herself drawn into an investigation of the group’s activities when her sister is kidnapped. The only person who seems willing to help Jeff with his investigation into this double world is Skye Yarrow (Jessica Lucas, Melrose Place, “Cloverfield”), a young research assistant for Cult who has also started to grow suspicious of the increasingly dark happenings surrounding the show. It soon becomes clear to Jeff and Skye that the gruesome plot twists on this television show are much more than fantasy for some very unfortunate people. The hardcore fans of Cult would kill to see what happens next…
Body of Proof, season premiere at 10pm on ABC
– The crime procedural about neurosurgeon-turned-Medical-Examiner Dr. Megan Hunt gets a new storyline and fresh blood for its third season. Following Megan’s partner Peter being stabbed to death in the season finale, Megan is teamed up with a new homicide detective duo that includes none other than Tommy Sullivan, the man who broke her heart in a torrid love affair 20 years ago that went up in flames when he cheated on her. Their personal history will animate every investigation they are uncomfortably forced to work on together. In the season premiere, Megan returns to work months after Peter’s death and the case becomes personal when a serial killer targeting young war veterans takes her daughter Lacey hostage.
Wednesday, February 20th
20/20: Mad About Oscar With Katie Couric, special Oscar-themed 20/20 episode
– Katie tries to one-up poor chicken-poxy Barbara Walters with this special about the greatest moments in Oscar history.
Thursday, February 21st
Upload With Shaquille O’Neal, series premiere at 10:30pm on truTV
– Basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal is joined by comedians & co-hosts, Gary Owen and Godfrey in this new half hour series where the trio riffs, spoofs, and deconstructs the weird and wild clips they find on the web. The threesome also create laughs with their comedy sketches and pranks in this totally new take on a clip show. Other comedy guests this season include: Loni Love, Ali Wong, Arnez J, Aries Spears, Eliza Skinner, Baron Vaughn and Michelle Buteau.
Friday, February 22nd
Out There, series premiere at 10:30pm on IFC
– Out There chronicles the coming-of-age misadventures of Chad Stevens and his best friend, Chris Novak. Living in the small town of Holford in the middle of nowhere, the boys wander the surreal, bleak landscape waiting out their last few years of high school and discovering that growing up is weird to do. Puberty, first loves, social ostracism, conservative parents, single moms and their disastrous boyfriend choices – Out There confronts these perils of youth and explores that terrifying limbo between childhood and adulthood when fragile young personalities form and deform. Relive the agony and ecstasy of those special times as Chad and Chris try to navigate life… out there.
Saturday, February 23rd
Film Independent Spirit Awards, special awards show from 10pm to Midnight on IFC
– SNL vet Andy Samberg will host the indie Oscars, which are actually being taped at 1:30 in the afternoon. Although “Moonrise Kingdom” and “Silver Linings Playbook” lead the field with five noms each, Samberg will be rooting for “Celeste and Jesse Forever”, which he starred in, and the young star of “Beasts of the Southern Wild”, Quvenzhane Wallis, 9, who could become the Spirits’ youngest winner.