The Voice, 2-hour season premiere at 8pm on NBC
– The Voice returns with the strongest vocalists from across the country invited to compete in the blockbuster vocal competition show’s seventh season. Internationally acclaimed artists Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams join returning mega-stars Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as celebrity musician coaches, while Carson Daly continues to serve as host.
The Big Bang Theory, season premiere at 8pm on CBS
– Leonard and Sheldon are brilliant physicists – geniuses in the laboratory, but socially challenged everywhere else. Enter beautiful, street-smart neighbor, Penny, who aims to teach them a thing or two about life. Despite their on-again, off-again relationship in the past, Leonard believes he’s found true love with Penny. Even Sheldon has found a female companion, entering into a “Relationship Agreement” with neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler. In their free time, Leonard and Sheldon continue to enjoy frequent trips to the comic book store and fantasy role-playing games with their ever-expanding universe of friends, including fellow scientists Koothrappali, Wolowitz and Wolowitz’s adorable microbiologist wife, Bernadette.
Gotham, series premiere at 8pm on FOX
– The good. The evil. The beginning. Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world’s greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon’s story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker? Gotham is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. Gotham follows one cop’s rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering between good and evil, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.
Scorpion, series premiere at 9pm on CBS
– Given the times, TV is overdue for a clever hacker thriller. This is not it. Elyes Gabel plays a code-slinging, high-IQ (smarter than Einstein, LOL!) social misfit who assists Homeland Security—but before he can save LAX from calamity, he needs the help of a kindly, high-EQ diner waitress (Katharine McPhee). Hit ”esc” on this technostinker.
Sleepy Hollow, season premiere at 9pm on FOX
– Sleepy Hollow returns this fall with all-new edge-of-your-seat mysteries and adventures, as the series’ heroic duo of Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) and Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) fends off the forces of evil to save not only their town, but the world. Picking up immediately after the spellbinding events of the Season One finale, Ichabod finds himself buried alive in a coffin; Abbie is trapped in purgatory; Ichabod’s wife, Katrina (Katia Winter), has been kidnapped by the Headless Horseman; Capt. Frank Irving (Orlando Jones) is behind bars for a murder he did not commit; and Abbie’s sister, Jenny (Lyndie Greenwood), is among the wreckage of a horrific car crash. These events were due in large part to the shocking revelation that Henry Parish (John Noble), the trusted friend of Ichabod and Abbie, is actually Ichabod and Katrina’s son and the Second Horseman of the Apocalypse. Now, with Henry’s emergence as the Horseman of War, alongside the Headless Horseman, Sleepy Hollow has never been so close to destruction. This season, fans will be introduced to a myriad of new faces in Sleepy Hollow, including Sheriff Leena Reyes (guest star Sakina Jaffrey, House of Cards) and the enigmatic Nick Hawley (guest star Matt Barr, Hatfields & McCoys) who add new drama, excitement and intrigue to the ever-thickening story of the mystical town.
The Blacklist, season premiere at 10pm on NBC
– For decades, ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader, The Office, Boston Legal) has been one of the FBI’s most wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as “The Concierge of Crime.” Last season, he mysteriously surrendered to the FBI… but now the FBI works for him as he identifies a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists. He will help catch them all – with the caveat that Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone, Law & Order: Los Angeles) continues to work as his partner. Red will teach Liz to think like a criminal and see the bigger picture… whether she wants to or not.
Forever, season premiere at 10pm on ABC
– Doctor Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd), New York City’s star medical examiner, has a secret. He doesn’t just study the dead to solve criminal cases, he does it to solve the mystery that has eluded him for 200 years—the answer to his own inexplicable immortality. This long life has given Henry remarkable observation skills that impresses his new partner Detective Jo Martinez (Alana De La Garza), but piques her curiosity about who he is. Each week, a new case and their budding friendship will reveal layers of Henry’s long and colorful past. Only his best friend and confidant, Abe (Judd Hirsch) knows Henry’s secret.