Sunday, August 10th
Gym Rescue, series premiere at 10pm on Spike
– MMA legends Randy Couture and Frank Shamrock use their years of expertise in the business of mixed martial arts to help turn struggling gyms into thriving enterprises. Together this dynamic duo has the know-how and track record to help take a failing gym on the ropes and turn it into a champion.
Fat Guys in the Woods, series premiere at 10pm on Weather
– For thousands of years, man lived wild. He made fire, built shelter, and hunted food with his own two hands…but as he got smarter, his waist got bigger. Now, it’s time to get guys off of the couch and into the weather on TWC’s Fat Guys in the Woods. The Weather Channel’s Survival Expert, Creek Stewart, will train these men in how to build shelter, start fire and hunt with nothing but their bare hands, and maybe a condom or a gum wrapper. Three men, one week and one objective: to learn the skills that make a man… a man. This show is not about making fun of fat guys. It’s about giving regular Joes the chance to do something they’ve only seen done by Brad Pitt-types. These guys may not have a clue how to survive on their own, but by the end of their week in the woods they’ll have the knowledge, and courage, to survive.
Monday, August 11th
The Approval Matrix, series premiere at 11pm on Sundance TV
– SundanceTV presents its new original series hosted by comedian Neal Brennan — co-creator of Chappelle’s Show and recurring director for Inside Amy Schumer. Inspired by New York Magazine’s pop culture roundup, The Approval Matrix is a funny, provocative talk show about our current cultural obsession. For six weekly episodes, Brennan and a panel of insiders/celebrities/critics will hilariously debate today’s most controversial entertainment/news items.
Tuesday, August 12th
4th and Loud, series premiere at 9pm on AMC
– AMC’s new docu-series takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the LA KISS Arena Football team’s inaugural season with owners Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS fame, along with additional owners, long-time KISS manager Doc McGhee, managing partner/owner Brett Bouchy, and president/owner Schuyler Hoversten, as they and the dedicated players and coaches work to give arena football a rock and roll makeover and turn LA’s first professional football team in years into a winning franchise. Rock n’ Roll and sports will collide as two of entertainment’s biggest showmen try to once again break all the rules.
Sisterhood of Hip-Hop, series premiere at 9pm on Oxygen
– With Grammy-Award winning recording artist T.I. as Executive Producer, this powerful and uplifting series follows the next generation of female hip-hop artists Siya, Nyemiah Supreme, Diamond, Brianna Perry and Bia as they live, love and work towards their dream of becoming the next big breakout star, which has always been a man’s game and these ladies are rewriting the rules of the music scene. Discovered and mentored by hip-hop icons, these creative and ambitious women are making it while breaking boundaries and defying doubters. While they realize that their lives are a work in progress, they are at a crossroads, and are finding their unique voices. Can they support and collaborate with one another in order to make their dreams a reality?
The Singles Project, series premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– The new, innovative docu-series follows a group of young, successful New York singles (including a former high school classmate of mine) as they search for love and strive to conquer the city that never sleeps. Viewers will help these undeniable catches overcome their hang-ups, which may include getting over an ex, managing their high expectations or broadening their dating horizons so they can eventually find “the one.” Marking the first real-time dating docu-series in the U.S., each episode will be shot and aired within the same week. This addictive series takes transmedia to the next level as fans will be able to interact with the cast and potentially impact the show through social media like never before. Whether it be helping the daters pick out their outfits for a hot date or submitting a possible match, the sky is the limit with fan engagement.
Cement Heads, series premiere at 10:30pm on A&E
– Tensions run high at the Lougheed family concrete construction business when owners Billy and Danielle are faced with a tight deadline to put in a bid on an important new job. When Billy tries to enlist the help of his father Sarge and best friend Chubby on a few simple errands, they prove to be little help. Meanwhile, his mother Joan keeps herself busy meticulously cleaning his house—even ironing his underwear.
Wednesday, August 13th
Legends, series premiere at 9pm on TNT
– Based on the award-winning book by master spy novelist Robert Littell, Legends stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, “The Lord of the Rings”) as Martin Odum, a FBI agent with the uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. But he begins to question his own identity when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t the man he believes himself to be.
Franklin & Bash, season premiere at 10pm on TNT
– When they’re not hanging out at their favorite hot dog stand pontificating on what they’d go through to enjoy a night with their favorite female celebrities, Jared Franklin (Breckin Meyer) and Peter Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) are chasing down their latest clients…sometimes literally. With business cards in hand, they’re ready to nab a client within seconds after a car accident, arrest for solicitation or any other incident where their legal services may be needed. Once in the courtroom, they show their flair for the dramatic and the shocking.
Wahlburgers, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– When Donnie asks Paul to join a fantasy football league, Paul decides to enlist the help of New England Patriots’ Rob Gronkowski. In return, Paul gives “Gronk” a cooking lesson to prepare for an important family meal. In LA, Mark takes Drama to the dentist to take his teeth and his acting career, to the next level. And when Alma gets a new smartphone, she quickly becomes addicted to a host of new apps.
Thursday, August 14th
Braxton Family Values, season premiere at 9pm on WE tv
– As the sisters decide to pursue their dream of making a family album, tension between them erupts like never before. Before they can record a single note, they seek therapy to repair their relationship, and Towanda finally expresses her issues with her sisters. Toni takes another bow on Broadway and releases her biography. Tamar headlines her first tour. Traci signs a solo deal and works on her troubled marriage. Trina and Gabe rekindle their romance, and take their business to the next level.
Saturday, August 16th
Katt Williams: Priceless: Afterlife, comedy special at 10pm on HBO
– Katt Williams performs in an all-new stand-up special recorded in front of a live audience at the Citizens Bank Arena in Ontario, California. Williams takes the stage and launches into an hour of frenetic stand-up comedy, covering such topics as the allure of California weed dispensaries; how America handles tragedies; getting rid of racism in 2014; his inspirations and his favorite TV show; homophobia and the first openly gay players in major sports; aggressive police tactics; being sent to a mental institution; doctors and the problem with drug commercials; the pros and cons of being single versus being in a relationship; and more.