Sunday, July 6th
Witches of East End, season premiere at 9pm on Lifetime
– Based on Melissa de la Cruz’s New York Times best-selling novel, the series centers on the Beauchamp family, where in season one sisters Freya (Dewan Tatum) and Ingrid (Boston) discovered they are witches with ancient magical powers. With the help of their mother Joanna (Ormond) and aunt Wendy (Amick), they learned how to cultivate their craft and work together to defeat unearthly enemies seeking revenge on their family, while keeping their abilities a secret from the town. This season, with the portal to Asgard open, what comes through will forever change the lives of the Beauchamps. Darkness surrounds East End as a new stranger (Cooke) arrives. Joanna is still weak with poison in her blood as the Beauchamps search desperately for a cure. With the death of Penelope (Virginia Madsen), Killian (DiTomasso) and Dash’s (Winter) warlock powers return.
The 90s: The Last Great Decade?, docu-series premiere from 9 to 11pm on Nat Geo
– This genius three-night docu-series event revisits the decade through “inside out” storytelling and analysis via 120 original interviews—from unsung heroes behind the decade’s most riveting stories to the biggest names in politics, tech, movies and music. They reveal a decade of highs and lows: Bill Clinton swept into office on the promise of change; we all made new Friends; the LA Riots kept us glued to our TVs; Nirvana gave Generation X a voice but everyone danced the Macarena; and The Real World and Jerry Springer changed the television programming landscape. With a star-studded cast of actors, eyewitnesses, politicians and celebrity interviewees, The ’90s tells the story of 10 years before boom turned into bust; 10 years when the Web was wide open; 10 years before global terror hit hard.
Monday, July 7th
Ice Road Truckers, season premiere at 10pm on History
– The warriors of the ice roads are back, hauling vital cargo to remote communities over some of the most dangerous routes in the world. But, this season, the toughest job in the world just got tougher. A polar vortex has descended onto the Canadian backcountry, creating the most severe winter in over a century. Freezing winds, towering snow and blinding whiteouts push the drivers to their emotional and physical breaking points. But despite the brutal conditions, Polar Industries and VP Express aren’t backing down from the war that started last year. VP boss Hugh Rowland has stolen ice road legend Alex Debogorski away from Polar. Although they’ve been rivals in the past, having the two titans together on the same team might just provide the edge VP needs to run Polar out of town. But Polar owner Mark Kohaykewych has made a score of his own, snagging VP Express’ top driver from last season, Todd Dewey, to add to his roster of Lisa Kelly, Darrell Ward and Art Burke. And, this year, he’s expanding the company map, venturing even further onto some of the least traveled and longest ice roads in the world. For the rough riders of the frozen frontier, this season is a non-stop ride over thin ice.
Tuesday, July 8th
Married at First Sight, series premiere at 9pm on FYI
– Based on the hit Danish format, Married at First Sight is an extreme social experiment following six brave souls who are yearning for a life-long partnership as they agree to a provocative proposal: getting legally married the moment they first meet. Four specialists – sexologist, Dr. Logan Levkoff; spiritualist, Greg Epstein; psychologist, Dr. Joseph Cilona; and sociologist, Dr. Pepper Schwartz – will create what they believe are three perfect couples, based on scientific matchmaking. The couples will never meet or know each other until they walk down the aisle and see each other face to face, for the first time, when they get married. Each episode will follow the classic lifestyle stories of newlyweds – from the honeymoon to early nesting to other relatable events of married life. After several weeks together, each couple must make a decision: do they remain together or decide to separate?
Finding Carter, series premiere at 10pm on MTV
– Finding Carter is a family drama that centers on Carter, a teenage girl who thinks she has the perfect life until one night after a police bust at a high school party she is told that the woman who she believes to be her biological mother actually abducted her as a toddler.
Restaurant Startup, series premiere at 10pm on CNBC
– On Restaurant Startup restaurateur and TV personality Joe Bastianich and chef and restaurant operator, Tim Love, vie against each other to invest their own money in food concepts they believe will make them millions. Each week, two teams will make their case to our investors, Joe Bastianich and Tim Love, for a shot at launching a temporary version of their great concept for a restaurant or a specialty food shop. Then we’ll open the doors and test the concept on the public. At the end of the process, our two investors will decide whether or not they will put their own money on the line to make someone’s dreams come true
Inside the Walking Dead, special at 10pm on AMC
– The special offers a rare look at the show’s production secrets. You think Daryl’s hair does that by itself?
Wednesday, July 9th
East Los High, season premiere streaming on Hulu
– East Los High is not your typical high school. Dance, sex, romance, and mystery are at the heart of this inner city school in East LA where two teenage cousins—Jessie, a 16-year-old virgin and Maya, a troubled runaway with a violent past —fall in love with Jacob, a popular football player. From this forbidden love triangle, Maya, Jessie and Jacob, along with their close friends must face true-to-life decisions during a single dramatic and breath-taking year that will mark their lives forever.
iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party, music performance special from 8 to 9:30pm on The CW
– Jennifer Lopez, Tiësto, and Iggy Azalea perform in Miami for a crowd that, upon closer inspection, is actually just a vat of hair gel with limbs.
Extant, series premiere at 9pm on CBS
– In a thrilling drama, Halle Berry will play an astronaut who returns home from a year-long solo mission in space and tries to reconnect with her husband and son in their everyday life. Her experiences in space and home lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.
The Bridge, season premiere at 10pm on FX
– The Bridge is a crime thriller starring Diane Kruger, Demian Bichir, Matthew Lillard, Emily Rios, Thomas M. Wright and Ted Levine. When the body of a cartel member is found on US soil, Sonya Cross (Kruger) from El Paso PD and her Mexican counterpart, Marco Ruiz (Bichir), must work together to solve the case. Marco, still reeling from the death of his son, continues to deal with corrupt cops and the demands of the cartel. Sonya meets an unexpected man with connections to her past who threatens to come between her and her boss, Lieutenant Hank Wade (Levine). The case quickly pulls them all into a complex web of money laundering, police corruption, and the Juarez Drug War which infiltrates the suburban streets of El Paso. El Paso Times reporters Daniel Frye (Lillard) and Adriana Mendez (Rios) continue to follow the Millie Quintana Money House, a path that will eventually cross that of Marco and Sonya. Charlotte Millwright (Annabeth Gish) will have to make the impossible choice between the two worlds that have a grasp on her: the US government and the Mexican cartel. Meanwhile, Steven Linder (Wright) tries to do right by his Mexican immigrant love and ends up seeking justice the only way he knows how.
Thursday, July 10th
Working the Engels, series premiere at 9:30pm on NBC
– In this new comedy, a family of ne’er-do-wells must band together to keep their heads above water when their father and breadwinner passes away, leaving them a mountain of debt. The Engels must all go to work running Dad’s storefront law firm, with one minor problem: daughter Jenna Engel (Kacey Rohl) is the only one who is qualified to practice law. Unfortunately for Jenna, this also means taking on her eccentric relatives as co-workers. Ceil (Andrea Martin), the self-absorbed and overly dramatic but fiercely protective mother works as the firm’s paralegal; Sandy (Azura Skye), a former pill-popper who has never worked a day in her life, is the receptionist and first line of defense at the firm; and Jimmy (Ben Arthur), a petty criminal and bad boy who is utterly devoted to his family, is the firm’s investigator. Jenna, the youngest sibling and “the good one,” becomes the unlikely family patriarch, running the law firm and keeping her crazy family together. It’s not pretty, but it’s family.
Ridiculousness, season premiere at 10pm on MTV
– Rob Dyrdek hosts an internet video clip show with celebrity guests and co-hosts Sterling “Steelo” Brim and Chanel West Coast (Fantasy Factory’s rapping receptionist). Ridiculousness is back with an all new third season, and Rob Dyrdek returns with his hilarious take on the greatest viral videos on the Internet. Along for the ride once again are co-hosts Sterling “Steelo-O” Brim and Chanel West Coast, breaking down all new video categories like “Nut Snipers”, “Russian Good Times”, and “Probably Florida”. With guests like Jersey Shore’s Pauly D, Jackass’s Steve-O and Bam Margera, and Hip Hop phenom Mac Miller, the third season of Ridiculousness may just be the funniest one yet.
Leah Remini: It’s All Relative, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– Leah Remini played the unforgettably funny, no-nonsense wife on The King of Queens, but she’s just as funny when she’s acting as real-life wife to her husband of 10 years, Angelo, and mom to her feisty 9-year-old daughter Sofia. In the all-new TLC series, find out what life is really like in the entertainment industry as you step into Leah’s home to watch her juggle career, her celebrity status and her family. Leah’s living in Los Angeles now, but she still has her Brooklyn roots (and accent). Her day-to-day reality is about keeping her over-achieving tendencies under control and managing a household full of hijinks — and funny personalities! In the show, you’ll meet Angelo, who’s a devoted father helping run their family diner, and Sofia, who’s the spitting image of her dad with her mom’s personality. Filling out Leah’s household are her opinionated mother, Vicki; eccentric stepfather, George; down-to-earth sister Shannon; and Sofia’s British nanny.
Snack-Off, series premiere at 10:30pm on MTV
– From the mind of Rob Dyrdek comes a cooking competition show unlike any other, which takes mundane munchies and elevates it to a fully baked art-form! Snack-Off is a half hour strip cooking competition show where a group of amateur chefs battle it out in an array of “snack” inspired challenges. Host Eddie Huang brings his culinary skills and snack-expertise to help guide our contestants through these unique challenges. Then it’s up to our three judges to decide each amateur chef’s fate. The panel consists of supermodel and foodie fanatic Chrissy Tiegen, master chef Jason Quinn, and a third judge TBA. The contestants are all vying for a cash prize, their recipe published in the Snack-Off cookbook, and the coveted golden spork necklace!
Friday, July 11th
Hemlock Grove, season premiere streaming on Netflix
– The mangled body of a teenage girl is discovered outside a rusted Pennsylvania steel town, where every resident harbors a dark secret. Suspicions and accusations mount as a manhunt for the killer intensifies, even as evidence mounts that the suspect is not a man at all. Famke Janssen and Dougray Scott star in this terrifying series from horror director Eli Roth (“Hostel”) and novelist Brian McGreevy. Bloody and not too brainy, the horror series might’ve been Netflix’s biggest critical flop when it debuted. So new showrunner Charles H. Eglee has promised more character development. In season 2, Peter’s mom (Lili Taylor) goes to prison, forcing Peter (Landon Liboiron) to get a job. Roman (Bill Skarsgård), who has issues with his own mother (Famke Janssen), must deal with his baby. And there’s also a new girl in town (Madeline Brewer) for the guys to fight over. The gore is inventive, but after the billionth bloodbath, there are still as many narrative loose ends as ever. When the story doesn’t hold, even the jugular geysers feel boring.
The Almighty Johnsons, series premiere at 10pm on Syfy
– The action-packed comedy drama The Almighty Johnsons follows the Johnson boys, four typical fun-loving guys – who have inherited the power of Norse Gods. But these four brothers are no flashy superheroes. Everyday Gods have everyday struggles – searching for love, overcoming sibling rivalry and fulfilling their God-like destiny – while still enjoying a few beers with their friends.
Saturday, July 12th
Bad Dog!, season premiere at 8pm on Animal Planet
– Bad Dog! is a hilarious hour of television documenting just how far pets can push their owners and still get unconditional love. The series highlights dogs that double as destroyers, hissing cats, cussing parrots, and the most fascinating four-legged escape artists ever caught on tape. Viewers will be treated to candid animal antics you truly have to see to believe. They are some of the baddest pets on the planet and you’ll meet their owners who love them just the way they are. We span the globe to crown the Baddest of the Bad on Bad Dog!.