Sunday, June 1st
Return to Amish, 2-hour series premiere at 9pm on TLC
– Return to Amish finds ex-Amish rebels Abe, Jeremiah, Kate, Rebecca and Sabrina back in the Amish world to face marriage, pregnancy, birth and the lingering consequences of shunning. Abe’s parents, the rule-bending Amish matron Mary and the strictly religious Chester, serve as their hosts. Mary and Chester have struggles of their own that put them in a precarious situation. Their daughter Katie Ann has a big decision to make, and their son Andrew, just out of jail, adds fuel to the fire by bringing his opinionated English girlfriend, Chapel, back home with him. Sabrina and Rebecca are both expecting babies, Kate is anxiously awaiting the career opportunity of a lifetime, Abe and Andrew’s sibling rivalry is reignited through new clashes, and Jeremiah must put it all on the line to find happiness.
Halt and Catch Fire, series premiere at 10pm on AMC
– Halt and Catch Fire is set roughly one year after IBM all but corners the market with the release of its first major product – the IBM PC. In this fictional drama, a former IBM executive, Joe MacMillan (Lee Pace) plans to reverse engineer the flagship product of his former employer and forces his current company, Cardiff Electric, into the personal computer race. MacMillan enlists the help of Gordon Clark (Scoot McNairy), a great engineer whose unrealized dreams of creating a revolutionary product have created tension in his marriage to Donna (Kerry Bishé), and Cameron Howe (Mackenzie Davis), a volatile prodigy who puts her future in jeopardy to join MacMillan’s rogue PC project. Halt and Catch Fire thrives on the spirit of innovation and explores what it’s like to stand at the forefront of something world-changing and work towards it, no matter the risk.
Monday, June 2nd
Mistresses, season premiere at 10pm on ABC
– Based on the hit UK television series of the same name, Mistresses is a provocative and thrilling drama about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery. If you’ve been looking for answers to last year’s harrowing cliff-hangers—which man will Savi (Alyssa Milano) choose? Will Karen (Yunjin Kim) survive her father/son murderous-mother love triangle? Will Joss (Jes Macallan) stay a lesbian? Can April (Rochelle Aytes) ever find love again?—you’re in luck. The series picks up eight months after the finale’s events, continuing that sudsy trajectory with steamy make-outs, illicit hookups, and an intriguing twist that brings two unlikely characters together—plus a Punky Brewster (Soleil Moon Frye) sighting. Even better, Mistresses still passes the Bechdel Test; its strongest moments are when the women lean on each other.
Tuesday, June 3rd
Famous in 12, series premiere at 8pm on The CW
– Famous in 12 is an unscripted series/social experiment that will film one fame-seeking family around the clock for 12 weeks straight. The family will be guided by the TMZ machine, which will create a series of opportunities for them. TMZ and Harvey Levin will help, and additional experts will be brought in throughout the course of the series to provide input and guidance on the path to fame, but it is up to the family to pull it off. Throughout their 12-week quest, the family will circulate through some of Los Angeles’ most populated – and popular – venues in order to seize opportunities that might come calling.
Wednesday, June 4th
2014 CMT Music Awards, live awards show from 8 to 10:30pm on CMT
– The adorable Kristen Bell of “Frozen” princessdom hosts, while nominated artists such as Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert sing their achy breaky hearts out.
Jennifer Falls, series premiere at 10:30pm on TV Land
– TV Land’s new comedy series revolves around a career woman and mother, Jennifer Doyle (Jaime Pressly) who must move back in with her own mom (Jessica Walter, a.k.a. the only person allowed to play disapproving TV moms anymore) after being let go from her high-powered, six-figure salary job. With her teenage daughter in tow, Jennifer has to face her new life and figure out what the next steps are to rebuild.
Friday, June 6th
Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– The two-episode debut includes a bride haunted by her blingy past, a woman who prefers gym clothes to gowns (that’s my kind of woman), and one crazy lady who just really likes talking to dresses.
Saturday, June 7th
Power, series premiere at 9pm on Starz
– From Executive Producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and show creator Courtney Kemp Agboh (The Good Wife) comes Power, a visionary crime drama set in two different worlds—the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade. James “Ghost” St. Patrick has it all: a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse, and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York. His club, Truth, caters to the elite: the famous and infamous boldface names that run the city that never sleeps. As its success grows, so do Ghost’s plans to build an empire. However, Truth hides an ugly reality. It’s a front for Ghost’s criminal underworld; a lucrative drug network, serving only the wealthy and powerful. As Ghost is seduced by the prospect of a legitimate life, everything precious to him becomes unknowingly threatened. Once you’re in, can you ever get out?