Sunday, August 25th
2013 MTV Video Music Awards, live awards show from 9 to 11pm on MTV
– This year the viewers may take home the biggest prize: a killer lineup of performers including Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus, and Kanye West.
Monday, August 26th
Teen Mom 3, season premiere at 10pm on MTV
– Teen Mom 3 is the hit spin-off of the MTV docu-series 16 and Pregnant. Cameras follow the stories of Mackenzie, Katie, Briana, and Alex from the fourth season of 16 and Pregnant who are facing the challenges of their first years of motherhood. Each episode interweaves stories of four teenage girls who are navigating the bumpy terrain of adolescence, growing pains, and coming of age – all while facing the responsibility of being a young mother. Each story offers a unique look into the wide variety of challenges young mothers can face: marriage, relationships, family support, or lack thereof, adoption, finances, rumors among the community, graduating high school, starting college, getting (or losing) a job and the daunting and exciting step of moving out of the nest to create their own families.
Wednesday, August 28th
Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans, series premiere at 10pm on Velocity
– Patrick Dempsey, better known as McDreamy, star of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, and race car driver will be featured in a four-part documentary miniseries that traces his path to the 2013 running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of the oldest and most revered auto races in the world. Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans follows the actor and his team as they spend 15 months preparing themselves and their car for one of auto racing’s most grueling endurance events.
Tough Love: Co-Ed, series premiere at 10pm on VH1
– Get ready, because the new season of Tough Love is a whole new animal and Steve Ward is about to tackle his biggest challenge yet! The big twist? There will be four hopelessly single women, AND FOUR HOPELESSLY SINGLE MEN, living in the house… together. Jealousy, rivalries, and romantic twists are sure to follow as Tough Love goes Co-Ed! But that’s not the only new trick Steve has up his sleeve. This season, he’s returning with a secret weapon that no one will see coming… his sister, Monica Ward. While Steve continues to deliver his hard-hitting male perspective on women and dating, Monica will bring her female perspective to the boot camp, teaching the love challenged men in the house how to improve their own dating skills and land the woman they’ve always dreamed of. The 8 Co-Ed cast members will complete a series of irreverent and often difficult challenges as Steve and Monica lay down their rules for dating. Each week, we’ll track the progress these men and women are making — both good and bad. Some will find romance, others will land themselves in the hot seat, but regardless, it’s sure to be a wild ride. If these new recruits follow Steve’s rules, they will be on the right track to find true love. And the stakes have never been higher.
The Unexplained Files, series premiere at 9pm on Science
– This summer, Science Channel unveils some of the most shocking and mind-boggling cases from around the world in the series premiere of The Unexplained Files. From mysterious disappearances and UFO encounters, to unidentified fanged predators and reported curses, this new series investigates actual, inexplicable occurrences that have confounded scientists and inspired legends. Science Channel kicks off the premiere episode with “Valentich,” which delves into the story of the missing pilot who reported seeing a strange and unusual aircraft hovering over him just minutes before he disappeared. The Unexplained Files will then venture to Texas for the story of the Texas Blue Dogs researching the bizarre hairless, blue-skinned, blue-eyed and hunch-backed creatures that prey on local livestock and farm animals–leaving Texans questioning what these strange animals could possibly be.
Friday, August 30th
Cracked, series premiere at 10pm on Reelz
– After an embarrassing and public breakdown, Detective Aidan Black is reassigned from his beloved SWAT team to the newly created Psych Crimes and Crisis Unit. There, he’s dismayed to find his partner is not another cop, but forensic psychiatrist, Dr. Daniella Ridley. Learning to work cohesively, the Psych Crimes and Crisis Unit investigates city’s most troubling and psychologically complex crimes. Whether or not the unit is still around in a few months… is completely up to them.
Saturday, August 31st
Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry?, season premiere at 8pm on Investigation Discovery
– Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry? showcases spouses of liars, cheaters, and thieves, these women have unknowingly signed up for much more than a happy honeymoon and a new last name. All told in shocking first-hand accounts, each episode tells the story of an “I do” turned “You did WHAT?” In one episode, Kendra Beebe falls victim to the violent attack of Hollywood comedian, Shelly Malil, best known for his portrayal of a foul-mouthed employee in “The 40-Year-Old Virgin.” Viewers follow Beebe’s story from the start of a flower-filled Hollywood romance all the way to a hospital bed where she fights for her life after her attempted murder. Other episodes this season include Amber Frey’s account of her relationship with Scott Peterson, going from starry-eyed lover to star witness at his double murder trial, and that of a gambling man whose poker face was hiding something far more sinister than a full house.