Sunday, August 11th
Teen Choice 2013, live awards show from 8 to 10pm on FOX
– Pretty Little Liars’ Lucy Hale and Glee’s Darren Criss host tonight’s show, where by some bizarro teen math “Breaking Dawn—Part 2” is still eligible to win awards.
Breaking Bad, midseason premiere at 9pm on AMC
– AMC’s Emmy Award-winning drama Breaking Bad returns to for its final eight episodes. At the end of the first half of Season 5, Jesse (Aaron Paul) has abandoned the meth business and parted ways with Walt, who claims to Skyler (Anna Gunn) that he, too, is finished. Yet, in one of the series’ most pivotal moments, Hank (Dean Norris) discovers that his unassuming brother-in-law is in fact the elusive Heisenberg he has been tracking for so long. In the highly anticipated series conclusion, the sun begins to set on Walter White’s (Bryan Cranston) tenuous empire as the world around him begins to unravel and he finds himself as anything but “the king.” Yet, even when all hope might be lost, Walt refuses to back down — determined to fight until the bitter end.
Eat, Drink, Love, series premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– Eat, Drink, Love follows five single ladies as they claw their way to the top of the male-dominated Los Angeles food scene. Eater LA editor Kat Odell, pastry chef Waylynn Lucas, culinary publicist Brenda Urban, private chef Nina Clemente, and culinary marketing specialist Jessica Miller, are sharp, single and successful, mixing business and pleasure in pursuit of the perfect meal and the perfect mate. In the ultra-competitive culinary world, this tight-knit circle of friends must support each other or else risk eating each other alive.
Low Winter Sun, series premiere at 10pm on AMC
– The AMC Original Series Low Winter Sun is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. Low Winter Sun begins with the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective. Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter the detective’s life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Based on the award-winning 2006 British miniseries of the same name, Low Winter Sun stars Mark Strong (“Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”, “Zero Dark Thirty”) and co-stars Lennie James (The Walking Dead, “Jericho”, “Snatch”).
Monday, August 12th
The Real Housewives of Miami, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– Excitement runs high this season as both Joanna and Adriana plan their dream weddings, but not everything is smooth sailing as Joanna and Romain disagree about a pre-nuptial agreement and Adriana deals with the aftermath of her friends finding out the truth about her relationship with her fiancé. Lea finds new bonds forming and old friendships are put to the test as she tries to prove she is more than just a housewife. Alexia’s focus remains on her two sons: Frankie who continues to make strides in his recovery from an automobile accident, and Peter, who is also going through some challenging times in his life. Even though Lisa struggles with fertility issues, she is determined to grow her family and will do whatever it takes to have a baby. Whether strolling down Lincoln Road or sipping mojitos on South Beach, these ladies prove why Miami is one of the sexiest and sultriest cities in the world.
CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock, concert special from 8 to 11pm on ABC
– We’re intrigued at the prospect of Taylor Swift and her high-waisted short shorts running into those bearded, burley Duck Dynasty folk tonight. Less so, but still excited to see Sheryl Crow, Keith Urban, and Carrie Underwood perform.
Tuesday, August 13th
Face Off, season premiere at 9pm on Syfy
– Face Off is a competition/elimination series exploring the world of special-effects make-up artists and the unlimited imagination that allows them to create amazing works of living art. The contestants are tasked with elaborate feature challenges including executing full body paint make up on models and creating their own horror villain. Challenges incorporate effects make-up, and include a wide range of skill sets including prosthetics, 3-D design, sculpting, eye enhancers, casting and molding. Each episode involves incredible reveals of the contestants’ finished work, and the drama of one contestant being sent home by the panel of expert and celebrity judges. It all culminates in one winner and one grand prize: The opportunity to become a guest lecturer at the MAKE UP FOR EVER ACADEMY in New York and Paris, the 2012 Toyota Camry hybrid, and $100,000! To determine who emerges victorious, Syfy has signed three-time Academy Award winner Ve Neill (Pirates of the Caribbean, Edward Scissorhands) and Hollywood veterans Glenn Hetrick (Heroes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-Files) and Patrick Tatopoulos (Underworld, Independence Day, Resident Evil: Extinction) as Face Off‘s judges. Patrick Tatopolous will sit on the judges’ panel for the season 3 premiere episode, before he starts production design on his latest project, 300: Battle of Artemisia. Joining the series as the new judge is Neville Page, Lead Creature Designer on the highest grossing movie of all-time, Avatar, and Character Designer on Ridley Scott’s recent blockbuster, Prometheus. Actress McKenzie Westmore hosts the series, bringing poise and a rich history to her role as part of the Westmore family, whose name is synonymous with the makeup effects field.
Doomsday Preppers, season premiere at 9pm on Nat Geo
– The docu-series Doomsday Preppers explores the lives of otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world as we know it. Unique in their beliefs, motivations, and strategies, preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of life’s uncertainties. And with our expert’s assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears become a reality.
Wednesday, August 14th
Duck Dynasty, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– The bearded, bayou-dwelling redneck nation has been established. After shattering records last season, America’s most recognizable family is back for a funny, functional, and family-filled Season 4 of Duck Dynasty. The Robertsons have built a multi-million dollar sporting empire manufacturing duck calls in Monroe, Louisiana and have earned a seat in homes across the country with their special brand of downhome practicality, southern charm and sharp sense of humor. Every day affairs are met by Willie’s growing business ideas, Phil’s fatherly advice, Mrs. Kay’s delicious recipes, Uncle Si’s oddball philosophies and Jase’s endless need to hunt, fish, and rib his brothers. They are the family that works together, plays together and of course, eats together. The whole family joins in for more adventures on the bayou, where day to day life may be mundane for some, but for the Robertsons, is anything but dull. Some of what’s to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie, Jase, and Jep organize a surprise vow renewal for Phil and Kay’s 49th anniversary, a termite problem affects Duck Commander, and Si gets a mobility scooter after a fender bender with Willie.
Thursday, August 15th
Owner’s Manual, series premiere at 10pm on AMC
– AMC’s new reality series Owner’s Manual will test one of the most common divides among man: Those who read the owner’s manual and those who do not. Representing each side of this divide, Ed Sanders (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) and Marcus Hunt (HGTV’s Hammer Heads) are put to the test in a weekly challenge where they attempt to operate today’s most advanced, dangerous and powerful machinery and technology, from a stunt plane to an off-road racing car to a locomotive, and more. With opposing points of view and conflicting methods of practice – one man works strictly from the rule book, while the other uses only his instincts – the real test will be how this “everyman” duo can collaborate to accomplish their challenge.
Watch What Happens Live, special at 11pm on Bravo
– Watch What Happens: Live is Bravo’s late-night, interactive talk show that features guests from the world of entertainment, politics, and pop culture. Hosted by Andy Cohen, the series includes lively debates on everything from fashion, the latest on everyone’s favorite Bravolebrities, and what celebrity is making headlines that week. Past guests who have joined Cohen in the Bravo Clubhouse include Sarah Jessica Parker, Tina Fey, Iman, Liam Neeson, Kelly Ripa, Jimmy Fallon, Anderson Cooper, Molly Shannon, Matthew Broderick, and Lance Bass.
The Pitch, season premiere at 11pm on AMC
– In Season 2, AMC’s original docu-series The Pitch continues to explore the incredible lengths, intense stakes and tight deadlines advertising agencies encounter when they take aim at a new piece of business. Each episode not only follows two creative shops as they work day and night to build a campaign worthy of winning over the brand, but also takes a closer look into the decision making process the brands go through in order to choose which agency has successfully captured their identity.
Friday, August 16th
Say Yes to the Dress, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– TLC’s hit reality series that spawned a franchise, Say Yes to the Dress reveals the inner workings of the world’s premier bridal salon, Kleinfeld Bridal. Part fashion show, part bridal story, part family therapy, the series uncovers the hurdles every staff member faces to make each bride completely satisfied on what may be the single most important day of her life. Watch as a team of specialists guides brides through the process of selecting, fitting, altering and delivering each flawless dress in time for the perfect day. It’s not a stress-free endeavor, but somehow by the final fitting Kleinfeld pulls all of the details together.
Ghost Adventures, season premiere at 9pm on Travel
– Are you ready for the lockdown? The Ghost Adventures crew – Zak Bagans, Nick Groff and Aaron Goodwin – is back to investigate the scariest, most notorious, haunted places in the world. The trio will interview eyewitnesses and historians at each location, arming themselves with the stories of the ghosts they will later provoke and confront during their dusk-to-dawn lockdowns. (Note: They don’t always come out unscathed!) Then they’ll review and analyze their findings with some the most respected experts and specialists in the paranormal field.