Sunday, June 16th
True Blood, season premiere at 9pm on HBO
– The Lilith blood cocktail that Bill (Stephen Moyer) downed in the season 5 finale does its damage tonight, and turns our vampire hero into an unrecognizable force of darkness. Naturally, this development prompts Sookie (Anna Pawuin) to declare yet another separation from the man she loves. That includes Eric (Alexander Skarsgard), who, like Sookie, is quite literally blown away by Bill’s newfound power. The love triangles will be more on the outs than ins this season, which makes room for a pair of new men to swoop into Sookie’s complicated life, including a pixie-dust-throwing cutie (Rob Kazinsky) and a silver-haired loon (Rutger Hauer) who has historical ties to the Stackhouse bloodline.
Masterpiece Mystery!: Inspector Lewis, season premiere from 9 to 10:30pm on PBS
– Kevin Whately returns as Inspector Lewis teamed with his cool, cerebral partner Detective Sergeant Hathaway (Laurence Fox). Lewis, the former working-class foil to the erudite Detective Inspector Morse, tackles murder and mayhem with the help of Hathaway. In the all-new 2012 season, Lewis and Hathaway tackle four cases in the seemingly perfect academic haven of Oxford.
Tuesday, June 18th
Blood and Oil, series premiere at 10pm on Discovery
– Discovery channel introduces the Cutter’s – a blue collar, Midwestern family determined to keep their oil company alive amidst Ohio’s aggressive oil boom in this new docu-series. Running on blood, sweat, tears and pure instinct, in this real life David vs. Goliath struggle to keep their business and family together, the Cutter’s will do whatever it takes to keep Cutter Oil Company afloat as they take on big oil in this race for black gold.
Wednesday, June 19th
Franklin & Bash, 2-hour season premiere at 9pm on TNT
– When they’re not hanging out at their favorite hot dog stand pontificating on what they’d go through to enjoy a night with their favorite female celebrities, Jared Franklin (Breckin Meyer) and Peter Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) are chasing down their latest clients… sometimes literally. With business cards in hand, they’re ready to nab a client within seconds after a car accident, arrest for solicitation or any other incident where their legal services may be needed. Once in the courtroom, they show their flair for the dramatic and the shocking. Peter has a knack for connecting with jury and judge, while Jared loves sticking it to authority every chance he gets. Despite their bad-boy antics, brash presentation and devil-may-care attitudes, Jared and Peter are good lawyers who are willing to do anything for a client, no matter who the client might be. That quality catches the attention of Stanton Infeld (Malcolm McDowell), a Renaissance man and the patriarch of Infeld Daniels, one of the top law firms in Los Angeles. He sees a lot of himself in the young men and decides to recruit the pair to bring a fresh energy to the firm. Jared and Peter are joined by their two legal aides, the brilliant, brassy Carmen (Dana Davis) and the agoraphobic, verminophobic Pindar (Kumail Nanjiani).
The Soup Investigates, series premiere at 10:30pm on E!
– This new spin-off series of popular comedy franchise The Soup will answer all the questions that pop culture fans never thought to ask, and then some. How DOES that rose get from the grower’s field to The Bachelor’s hand just in time for the all-important rose ceremony? What is life like inside the fascinating world of the “Mother Duckers,” the families who make their living creating duck callers who WEREN’T cast in Duck Dynasty? Host Joel McHale and our investigative reporters will be working around the clock to get to the truth, or at least a very plausible facsimile thereof.
Hot in Cleveland, season premiere at 10pm on TV Land
– TV Land’s hit original comedy series revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, and Wendie Malick). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed to Paris for a girls-only celebration – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new ‘promised land’. Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker (Betty White) of the property they have rented. Season 4 kick offs with a live premiere!
Thursday, June 20th
Wilfred, season premiere at 10pm on FX
– Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about Ryan (Elijah Wood, “Lord Of The Rings”), a young man struggling to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with Wilfred (Jason Gann), his neighbor’s canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.
Friday, June 21st
Sherri Shepherd: It’s My Time to Talk, comedy special at 10pm on Epix
– The Emmy award-winning talk show co-host from ABC’s The View returns to her roots in stand-up comedy and ruminates on life in her new comedy special, Sherri Shepherd: It’s My Time To Talk. She recounts the experience she had on Dancing with the Stars as well as the occasional awkward moments while doing Hot Topics on The View, among other off-beat revelations.
Saturday, June 22nd
Madonna: The MDNA Tour, concert special at 8pm on Epix
– The seven-time Grammy Award winner returns to the stage along with her seven member band and troupe of 27 dancers in a spectacular and controversial extravaganza billed as “a journey from darkness to light.” Madonna: The MDNA Tour was the most successful and highest grossing tour of 2012 and was seen by over 2.2 million Madonna fans during the course of 88 sold-out shows around the globe. Filmed primarily in Miami as well as other locations, the concert includes performances of several of her biggest hits including “Vogue,” “Like A Prayer” and “Hung Up.” She also performs songs from her MDNA album including “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” “Girl Gone Wild,” “Gang Bang” and “Turn Up the Radio.”