Sunday, June 2nd
The Killing, 2-hour season premiere at 8pm on AMC
– Season three of The Killing will focus on a new case which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes. The season begins one year after the close of the Rosie Larsen case (the focus of the first two seasons), with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) no longer working as a Seattle homicide detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder’s (Joel Kinnaman) search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that may connect to a previous murder investigated by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she’d left behind. Cue the rain!
The Real Housewives of New Jersey, season premiere at 8pm on Bravo
– Season 5 welcomes back the entire cast as Teresa Giudice, Mellisa Gorga, Jacqueline Laurita, Caroline Manzo, and Kathy Wakile pick up right were last season’s contentious reunion left off. This season they are on a mission for redemption, scrambling to pick up the pieces of their fractured relationships. The women also find themselves shifting through rubble after Hurricane Sandy leaves much of the Jersey Shore in ruins, including some of their homes. A sense of communal rebuilding encourages Teresa to rise above the past drama with her brother and sister-in-law, Melissa, and mend her family for good. Jacqueline struggles to cope with her son’s autism diagnosis while tensions from her fallout with Teresa push her towards her breaking point. As Caroline fights to shed her reputation as a bully and Melissa strives to break free from the weight of her husband Joe’s family drama, Kathy attempts to step out of her husband’s shadow to find her own voice and launch her career.
Princesses: Long Island, series premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– Bravo’s new reality series documents the lives of six college-educated young women from affluent areas of “Longuyland” who live pampered lifestyles in the comfort of their parents’ homes and at the expense of their bank accounts. The series offers a window into their family dynamics and personal lives filled with labels, luxury, and love trials. The young women face pressure from their families and friends to find husbands and to settle down. Will these members of the boomerang generation find their Prince Charming, or are they forever content with their co-dependent relationships with their parents?
Top Hooker, series premiere at 10pm on Animal Planet
– Top Hooker is an in-your-face, full-throttle competition series that pits 10 expert fishermen against one another in a series of wild, never-before-seen fishing challenges. Unlikely competitors from a fearless harpoon gun-wielding woman to a South-African bodybuilder, the contestants struggle through countless off-the-hook challenges with the hope of being crowned Top Hooker and winning the $30,000 bounty! It’s a nautical game of catch and release. Who can catch a spot in the next round – and who’s going to be thrown back home?
The Venture Bros, season premiere at midnight on Adult Swim
– The Venture Bros. returns to Adult Swim this Sunday at midnight, after a two and a half year hiatus that was excruciatingly painful for its rabid fans. It’s a show about super science, boy adventurers, and how David Bowie secretly runs a guild for super villains. But it’s also about evil and obsession and American decline, about the tragic futility of bridging some of life’s greatest emotional distances, and about the possibility of overcoming failure and regret. Venture Bros. premiered in 2004 as a straightforward parody of Johnny Quest, but quickly transformed into something much greater. The titular brothers are the hapless teenage sons of Dr. Thaddeus S. “Rusty” Venture, a balding failure of a “super scientist” living off the reflected glory of his childhood, when his father, the late, great Dr. Jonas Venture, dragged him along on a series of super-science-ey escapades that were immortalized in a Quest-style children’s cartoon.
Monday, June 3rd
The Fosters, series premiere at 9pm on ABC Family
– From executive producer Jennifer Lopez, The Fosters is a compelling drama about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms. Stef Foster (Teri Polo), a dedicated police officer, and her partner Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), a school Vice Principal, have built a close-knit, loving family with Stef’s biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin). Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell), a hardened teen with an abusive past who has spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it’s just for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found. Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling with their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren’t sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.
Mistresses, series premiere at 10pm on ABC
– Based on the hit UK television series of the same name, Mistresses is a provocative and thrilling drama about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery. Savannah aka “Savi” (Alyssa Milano) is a successful career woman working toward the next phase in her life — both professionally and personally — bucking for partner at the law firm where she works while also trying to start a family with her husband, Harry. They’ve been trying to get pregnant for some time, but when their fertility issues begin to take center stage, Savi finds herself attracted to her flirtatious colleague, Dominic. Savi’s free-spirited and capricious baby sister, Josslyn, couldn’t be more different, living single, serial dating and partying, and regularly leaning on her big sister. A real estate agent, Josslyn has no interest in a committed, long-term relationship. Their common best friend, April, is a recent widow and mother of a ten-year-old daughter. In the effort to rebuild her life and move forward, April opens a shop for home decorating. After she receives her late husband’s lucrative life insurance check, she begins getting prank phone calls and tells her closest girlfriends that she’s convinced her husband is still alive. Karen is a therapist with her own thriving practice, reconnecting with the girls after her involvement in a complicated relationship with a wealthy, married patient goes too far; she was having an affair with a terminally ill client to whom she had prescribed morphine. After his death, the man’s distraught son, Sam, confides in a guilt-ridden Karen, unaware of her role in his father’s life. The grieving widow, Elizabeth Grey (recurring guest star Penelope Ann Miller, “The Artist”), has no idea her late husband had a romance with another woman. These four friends find support and guidance with each other as they brave their turbulent journeys and life’s storms of excitement, secrecy and betrayal, all the while bound by the complex relationships they’ve created.
Teen Wolf, season premiere at 10pm on MTV
– Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson’s life and resurrected Peter Hale’s, teen wolf Scott McCall and his friends begin their junior year of high school unaware that a new threat has arrived in Beacon Hills: A pack of Alpha werewolves intent on bringing Derek into their fold, while destroying his young pack.
Tuesday, June 4th
America’s Got Talent, 2-hour season premiere at 9pm on NBC
– America’s Got Talent, NBC’s top-rated summer series from producer Simon Cowell, returns this summer with the hottest performers from across the country ready to compete in the blockbuster reality show’s eighth season. The live shows again will originate from the New York tri-state area. This year, high-octane entertainer and former Spice Girl Mel B. joins supermodel, designer, producer and TV host Heidi Klum (Project Runway) as the newest judges. They’ll take their seats alongside comedian, TV host and producer Howie Mandel and outspoken radio personality and author Howard Stern. This marks the first time that a fourth judge has been added to the panel. Actor, producer and comedian Nick Cannon returns as host. With the talent search open to acts of all ages, America’s Got Talent has brought the variety format back to the forefront of American culture by showcasing performers from across the country. The series is a true celebration of the American spirit, featuring a colorful array of hopeful stars, including singers, dancers, comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians and ventriloquists, all vying for their chance to strut and perform on stage hoping to win America’s hearts and the $1 million prize.
Wednesday, June 5th
The CMT Music Awards, live awards shows from 8 to 10pm on CMT
-2012 co-host Kristen Bell fronts the country-music video awards show again, this time with the help of Jason Aldean (one of the 12 nominees for Video of the Year). Performers include Aldean, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, and anyone who donated more than $5,000 to the “Veronica Mars” movie Kickstarter campaign, just kidding…maybe.
Beverly Hills Pawn, 2-hour series premiere at 9pm on Reelz
– Yossi Dina may have been born a baker’s son in Israel, but that didn’t slow him down on his way to becoming “the Pawnbroker to the Rich and Famous.” For more than two decades, this former Israel Defense Forces commando leader has been the proprietor and president of South Beverly Wilshire Jewelry and Loan. In that time, Yossi has amassed a treasure trove of rare gems, priceless antiques and fine original art. The Dina Collection is a reflection of Dina’s love for these, as well as his keen recognition for valuable items and the ever increasing client demands for unique one-of-a-kind pieces. As large as his collection is, he doesn’t own everything, but he promises “if you don’t see it, I’ll get it for you, at the best price available.”
Chef Roblé & Co., season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– Now that Roblé Ali has established his Brooklyn based catering company, season two follows his business as it continues to grow by leaps and bounds with high-end clientele including musical artist John Legend, NBA star Tyson Chandler, and Phaedra Parks from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. The newest ingredients spicing up his staff are Roblé’s personal assistant Dan; Rob, a notable pastry chef who appeared on Hell’s Kitchen; and Jeorge, who rounds out the team as the new prep chef. Roblé’s sister Jasmine returns, but clashes with Artie, Roblé’s new second in command. As they step on each other’s toes, Roblé is left to pick up the pieces while hiding the internal tension from the upper crust clients. In his personal life, Roblé is back on the market after a recent breakup with his long-term girlfriend.
Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman, season premiere at 10pm on Science
– Hosted by Morgan Freeman, Through the Wormhole explores the deepest mysteries of existence — the questions that have puzzled mankind for eternity. Can we eliminate evil? What is nothing? Is there a superior race? These questions have been pondered by the most exquisite minds of the human race. Now, science has evolved to the point where hard facts and evidence may be able to provide us with answers instead of philosophical theories. Through the Wormhole brings together the brightest minds and best ideas from the very edges of science — Astrophysics, Astrobiology, Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, and more — to reveal the extraordinary truth of our Universe.
Thursday, June 6th
The Hero, series premiere at 8pm on TNT
– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson brings to TNT an epic competition testing the strength, courage, and integrity of a diverse group of nine individuals. Each week, the contestants will be tested, physically, mentally, and morally, as they try to prove that they truly deserve the title of The Hero and the life-changing grand prize that goes with it. With temptations around every corner, America watches to see what the contestants are willing to overcome, undergo, and sacrifice on behalf of themselves and others. In the end, it’s America’s call on who will be The Hero.
Burn Notice, season premiere at 9pm on USA
– The adrenaline-charged seventh and final season of Burn Notice will keep hearts racing as viewers uncover the details of the mysterious deal that fans’ favorite renegade spy, Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) struck in the season six finale. Michael’s past and present collide as he tries to rebuild relationships with his family and friends while pursuing a dangerous mission involving the CIA and a lethal network of operatives. Recurring guest stars this season include Jack Coleman (Heroes), Adrian Pasdar (Political Animals) and Stephen Martines (The Closer).
72 Hours, series premiere at 9pm on TNT
– Each week, this action-packed, white-knuckle competition series hosted by Brandon Johnson drops three new competing teams of strangers into the wilderness with only a single bottle of water and a GPS tracking device. The competitors have just three days to find a hidden briefcase full of cash. Along the way, they must survive treacherous terrain and battle the elements to be the first to locate $100,000.
Graceland, series premiere at 10pm on USA
– Graceland is a place where nothing is what it seems and everyone has a secret. From the outside, this idyllic beachfront property is inhabited by a group of young, diverse roommates. Inside, a vastly different world is exposed: one that sustains itself through a complex web of lies. USA’s new original series Graceland delves into the lives of an elusive group of undercover agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and US Customs, who live and operate under one roof (the house got its name because the drug lord from whom the authorities seized the property was known to be an obsessed Elvis Presley fan). When forced to give up any shred of normalcy and the question of trust is a matter of life or death, the house becomes their sanctuary, their Graceland. Graduating at the top of his class, FBI rookie, Mike Warren (Aaron Tveit) anticipates a traditional DC desk job when he’s unexpectedly shipped to Graceland. Immediately thrown into his first undercover assignment, he relies heavily on the guidance of legendary FBI agent and mentor Paul Briggs (Daniel Sunjata). Briggs is an unusually Zen senior agent who notoriously hates the rule book and will go to any length to protect Graceland from the outside world. With an ensemble cast, the series also features Vanessa Ferlito as strong-willed FBI agent Catherine “Charlie” DeMarco, Brandon Jay McLaren as quick-tempered US Customs agent Dale Jakes, Serinda Swan (Breakout Kings) as intuitive and merciless DEA Agent Paige Arkin and Manny Montana as the fun-loving prankster FBI agent Joe “Johnny” Tuturro.
Friday, June 7th
Continuum, season premiere at 10pm on Syfy
– When a group of fanatical terrorists escape their planned execution in 2077 by traveling back in time to 2012, they inadvertently take City Protective Services officer Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols, Alias, Criminal Minds, “G.I. Joe”) with them. Trapped in a more “primitive” past, Kiera infiltrates the local police department to try to track down the terrorists before they change the course of history. Continuum also stars Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place) as detective Carlos Fonnegra – who Kiera allies with – and Erik Knudsen (“Jericho”, “Scream 4”) as Alec Sadler, the teenaged tech genius who could be Kiera’s key to saving the future. Season 2 picks up directly from the first-season ticking-clock cliffhanger. The highly anticipated sophomore season of Continuum continues Kiera’s uneasy alliance with Detective Carlos Fonnegra, and sees her grapple with the big question that closed the first season–why was she sent there? While Alec struggles to understand the implications of the mysterious message he received from his future self, the Liber8 terrorists become more strategic and even more lethal as they seek to ward off what they see as the seeds of a disastrous future. Guest stars include Hugh Dillon as a charismatic CEO with a mysterious past.
Saturday, June 8th
Primeval: New World, series premiere at 10pm on Syfy
– Primeval: New World follows the story of a Canadian team that discovers dangerous predators emerging onto the streets of Vancouver through anomalies in time. Evan Cross, visionary inventor, heads up a team including predator control expert Dylan Weir, security specialist Mac Rendell, and physics prodigy Toby Nance. Ange Finch, Evan’s oldest friend and business partner, keeps Cross Phonetics afloat while Evan and his Special Projects Group track escapee dinosaurs. The team gets a little help from the over-eager Lieutenant Ken Leeds, head of the government’s decommissioned department for investigating alien life and other mysteries — including Anomalies. The team quickly gains expertise in the prehistoric creatures they hunt, the weapons they need to handle them, and the nature of the Anomalies themselves. They face danger side by side, and come to rely on each other for not only survival, but friendship as well.