Sunday, May 12th
Long Island Medium, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– Theresa Caputo is a mom with a husband and children, with a twist, she’s a real psychic medium. Season four of Long Island Medium opens up as Theresa’s daughter Victoria returns from college for a visit with some new changes that shock the family, and Theresa decides to shed a few pounds when her clothes cease to fit her. The new season is packed with more emotional readings including a shocking private session with a woman who lost her daughter, where Theresa encounters an unforgettable negative spirit. There is also a sweet reading with a little boy who loses his younger sister, a powerful private reading with a woman who completely loses her faith after her husband’s drowning, and a group reading where Theresa validates a brother’s presence with a detail that no one else would know. Tune in early at 8pm for a Long Island Medium: On The Road special in which Theresa heads south to Florida where she surprises three unsuspecting fans with readings.
XOX Betsey Johnson, series premiere at 8pm on Style
– Known for her celebration of the exuberant, the embellished and the over-the-top, Betsey Johnson has been rocking the fashion industry with her unique and original designs since the 1960s. The New York-based designer built her long-standing career in fashion by following her own set of rules—and now the American icon is giving fans an unfiltered view into her fascinating world in this new docu-series. With her daughter and muse Lulu Johnson by her side, Johnson is focused on reinventing her brand under Steve Madden after filing for bankruptcy and closing all her stores. Johnson and her daughter have always worked together to expand Johnson’s fashion empire, but the pressures of their business relationship have created a co-dependent, sometimes strained, mother-daughter relationship. Meanwhile, Lulu Johnson is having her own metamorphosis, looking to step out of her mother’s shadow and create her own fashion line. Surrounded by a cast of characters, including Brandon, Johnson’s right-hand and personal assistant, and Lulu’s outspoken best friend Angela, Johnson takes fans on an exciting ride through her world.
Resale Royalty, series premiere at 9pm on Style
– Resale Royalty goes inside the St. Louis secondhand-store empire of Sue McCarthy and daughters. This mother-daughter trio work to bring designer brands at affordable prices to their fashion savvy clientele. With more than 25 years of experience in the resale business, Sue has big plans for the future, but she’ll need her daughters, Diana and Laura, to help manage the expanding empire. However, mixing family and business is never easy as their differing personalities will put their business relationships to the test. From spectacular closet buys of posh St. Louis socialites to exclusive shopping tours across the country, Resale Royalty is an exploration of high-end fashion events, insider trends, designer insight and the highs-and-lows associated with a demanding business overseen by an eccentric staff, who are also family.
Family Tree, series premiere at 10:30pm on HBO
– Breakout star Chris O’Dowd (“Bridesmaids”) stars in this new mockumentary comedy series from HBO (all the ingredients for a big hit!). Having recently lost his job and his girlfriend, 30-year-old Tom Chadwick (O’Dowd) has a rather unsure sense of his own identity. But when he inherits a mysterious box of belongings from a great aunt he never met, Tom starts investigating his lineage and uncovers a whole world of unusual stories and characters, acquiring a growing sense of who he and his real family are.
Tuesday, May 14th
So You Think You Can Dance, season premiere at 8pm on FOX
– My favorite dancing competition series returns for its landmark 10th season with a two-night premiere continuing Wednesday at 9pm. Fabulous host Cat Deeley and our favorite resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy return, joined by guest judges Minnie Driver, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Wayne Brady, All-Star Stephen “tWitch” Boss and Adam Shankman, among others, at auditions in Austin, Boston, Detroit, Memphis and Los Angeles. Those who shine during auditions will be given a ticket to Las Vegas for callbacks, where they work with top choreographers to learn and then be judged on multiple styles of dance. The best of the best will then move on to the live competition shows this summer. Each show will again feature breathtaking performances, as well as suspenseful eliminations, as the contestants compete to be named America’s Favorite Dancers.
Saturday, May 18th
2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, special from 9 to 11:50pm on HBO
– The 2013 inductees into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame include: Rush, Heart, Albert King, Randy Newman, Public Enemy, the late Donna Summer, Lou Adler, and Quincy Jones. Special guests at the 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction are set to include John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr., who will perform for King, with Mayer giving the induction speech; 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Don Henley, who will induct Newman; Jennifer Hudson, who will perform in honor of Summer; Kelly Rowland, Tom Petty, and Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, who will induct Rush. The star-studded event will also feature appearances by Tom Morello, Usher, who will perform for Quincy Jones; Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains, who will perform with Heart; Spike Lee and Harry Belafonte, who will pay tribute to Public Enemy; Carole King, who will perform for Lou Adler; Chris Cornell, who will induct Heart; comedy legends Cheech & Chong, who will present Adler with his award; and Jackson Browne and John Fogerty, who will perform with Randy Newman.