Sunday, March 24th
Kristin Chenoweth: The Dames of Broadway…All of ‘Em, concert special from 8 to 10pm on PBS
– The second installment of PBS’s Live From Lincoln Center concert series presents Tony and Emmy award winner Kristin Chenoweth performing American Songbook classics in this salute to Broadway’s leading ladies and scene-stealing sidekicks.
Married to Medicine, series premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– Bravo has run out of Real Housewives city spin-offs so they have refocused their energy on mass-producing new reality series about difficult strong women involved in semi-interesting professions. Married to Medicine exposes the fast-paced and drama-filled social scene of Atlanta’s exclusive medical inner circle. Cameras follow the lives of six of Atlanta’s most dynamic and successful women, including doctors and wives of doctors, as they juggle bustling careers, family, and social calendars. From baby deliveries to some of Atlanta’s largest charities, these women are united by medicine, but often struggle to maintain friendships in the face of their world’s rigid hierarchy. These passionate and dynamic women prove that in the capital of the South, and the world of medicine, perception is everything and it’s not enough to be just any type of doctor or doctor’s wife.
My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– For the first time ever, American gypsies are revealing their homes, workplaces, social circles and celebrations. Forget the gypsy stereotypes about black magic, bare knuckle boxing, flashy cars and outlandish weddings. Their lives are all about tradition, and they keep their families closely guarded to prevent gypsy culture from being forgotten. There are girls barely 14 years old already on the hunt for a husband. Families planning holiday dinners for hundreds of cousins. Women dropping thousands of dollars on the shortest, sheerest, most blinged-out dresses you’ve ever seen. Amid the celebrations – birthdays, weddings, holy communions – you’ll get a glimpse of the discrimination American gypsies face every day. In the Season 2 premiere, teens from different clans get married, but their omission of important traditions angers their families. Meanwhile, a pageant princess is leery of outsiders; and a man hopes to find a wife for his Roma son.
Monday, March 25th
The Voice, season premiere at 8pm on NBC
– NBC’s hit singing competition series returns with the strongest vocalists from across the country invited to compete in the blockbuster vocal competition show’s fourth season. Celebrity musician coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton return along with new coaches, Usher and Shakira, while Carson Daly continues to serve as host and Christina Milian as social media correspondent. The show’s innovative format features four stages of competition: The first begins with the blind auditions, then the battle rounds, the knockouts and finally, the live performance shows. During the blind auditions, coaches pick their team based solely on their voices via the famous button and rotating chairs. During the battle rounds, the coaches will pit two of their own team members against each other to sing the same song together in front of a studio audience. Each coach has two steals available during the battle rounds (a great addition from last season so that no amazing singers have to go home because they got stuck in a difficult battle pairing). At the end of the battles, only the strongest members of each coach’s roster remain and proceed to the knockout rounds. The artists will be paired again with a member of their own teams, but this time, they find out with whom they are competing only minutes before performing. In the final live performance phase of the competition, the top artists from each team will compete each week against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save their favorite artists, and the two artists with the lowest number of votes will be sent home each week. In the end, one will be named The Voice and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract.
Revolution, midseason premiere at 10pm on NBC
Tuesday, March 26th
Hardcore Pawn, season premiere at 9pm on truTV
– As owners of Detroit’s biggest pawn shop, the Gold family has bought and sold things you can’t begin to imagine. Every day brings new danger as the Golds operate in the heart of one of America’s most troubled cities. With 50,000 sq ft of cash and goods surrounding them, there are millions to be made, but their profits come with huge risk. Welcome to the world of Hardcore Pawn.
Prospectors, series premiere at 9pm on The Weather Channel
– The Weather Channel’s original docu-series Prospectors follows a rag-tag gang of miners searching for the rarest gems in the U.S. in order to strike it rich. Risking life for the ultimate reward. Face high elevations with little oxygen, lightning strikes, hurricane force winds, and vicious storms that move in without warning. And if the weather doesn’t get their gems, the local “claim jumpers” might.
The Game, season premiere at 10pm on BET
– The hit dramedy about the wives and girlfriends of pro football players returns for its sixth season without star Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Melanie, who last season decided to finally attend medical school after she delayed it for years to stay with her boyfriend and eventual hubby Derwin Davis, who will also be leaving the show this season.
Let’s Stay Together, season premiere at 11pm on BET
– Leaning on one another to navigate the challenges of life, love and matrimony is the theme of this romantic comedy entering its third season. It centers on engaged couple Stacy, a successful pediatrician, and Charles, a self-employed contractor; married couple Tasha, who is Stacy’s younger sister and the mother of twin babies, and Jamal; and Charles’ flirtatious sister, Kita, who enjoys the dating scene.
Wednesday, March 27th
Operation Repo, season premiere at 10pm on truTV
– Viewers get to ride along with a team of highly-trained professionals from California’s San Fernando Valley as they repossess cars … no matter how angry the owners may get. From luxury boats and planes to expensive sports cars and tricked-out trucks, if you can’t make your payments, the Operation Repo team will find you! When it comes to recovering property from deadbeat owners, Lou, Sonia, Matt, Froy and Lyndah will stop at nothing to get the job done. The stories depicted are based on real events.
Saturday, March 30th
Doctor Who, midseason premiere at 8pm on BBC America
Orphan Black, series premiere at 9pm on BBC America
– Sarah has always lived the life of an orphan outsider. But a clone is never alone. Tatiana Maslany stars as Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones… but are they the only ones? Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy and must race to find answers about who she is and how many others there are just like her.
Secret Life of Money, one-hour special at 9pm on Discovery
– Money is everywhere. We use it, we love it and we all want more of it. But what is cash? And what if it suddenly disappeared? Secret Life of Money will look at the systems that design, produce, protect, distribute and manage America’s money. The one-hour special features insight from NPR’s Planet Money team, author David Wolman and artist J.S.G. Boggs who each explore the mysteries of money – something we use nearly every day but rarely stop to think about. Behind each note is a complex world of process and design — from minting and printing to distribution to protecting its value in the world market to meeting the demands of our nation’s banks. Discovery Channel goes behind-the-scenes to places few ever see such as the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, where bills are born; the US Mint, which turns giant coils of metal into the coins we use every day; the Secret Service, where the nation’s top counterfeit experts try to put an end to bogus bills; the Federal Reserve, the heart of the American monetary system; and Dunbar armored cars, whose rolling fortresses help make sure that flow of currency never stops despite the dangers involved. Secret Life of Money will take viewers through the lifecycle of currency and will look to answer the ultimate question — what is money all about, anyway?
The Nerdist, season premiere at 10pm on BBC America
– This comedy talk show is based on comedian Chris Hardwick’s hit Nerdist podcast and his extensive Nerdist empire, which includes Twitter, the popular blog Nerdist.com, and his book “The Nerdist Way.” Join Hardwick, his fellow hosts Matt Mira and Jonah Ray, and celebrity correspondents as they welcome actors, writers, comedians, scientists and other nerd icons, hailing from both sides of the pond, to chat about a glorious mélange of Nerdtastic topics. The new season of The Nerdist revamped will feature the likes of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogan, Gillian Jacobs and Matt Smith joining Chris Hardwick on set.