Sunday, December 9th
The Mistle Tones, Holiday made-for-TV movie from 8 to 10pm on ABC Family
– This is crack for fiends who OD on the screwball nature of holiday TV movies. Here’s a preview of the presents that await you: Tori Spelling ”singing” ”All I Want for Christmas”; a cameo by Family Matters dad Reginald VelJohnson; a performance by a half-naked group of men called the Chest-Notes; and a disgustingly satisfying, übergooey ending.
Ax Men, season premiere at 9pm on History
– Every year, logging claims the lives of nearly 100 Americans. Falling trees, bone-crushing equipment, razor-sharp cables and, sometimes, just freak accidents—any of these can kill a logger in an instant. Logging ranks as one of America’s most dangerous jobs, yet loggers know the risk and still choose to take it every day. Ax Men tells the story of the men who put it all on the line every day to provide America with the timber it needs to build its cities and towns. From mountaintop to river’s bottom, Ax Men returns for its sixth groundbreaking season. This year, the playing field is bigger than ever—from the remote islands of Alaska to the majestic beauty of Montana and the massive forests of Canada, from the murky depths of northern Florida to Louisiana’s gator territory and the high plains of Wisconsin. All these loggers are after one thing–green gold worth millions of dollars. With lives and livelihoods on the line, this year’s race to be king of the mountain will be more explosive than ever. Reigning champs Rygaard are back to defend their title, but the competition is coming from all directions. In Alaska, Papac is back and looking to reclaim the title. From Canada, Lemare Lake Logging returns to take another crack at the Dock Creek site that defeated them two years ago. In Oregon, Big Gun Logging is also stepping up their game to throw down with the big boys. Down south, Shelby Stanga is back with a revolving crew of assistants. Next door in Florida, Jimmy and James Smith set out to conquer a new river, but they’ve got company in the young, whip-smart Dreadknots. And from the Midwest, a new type of logger emerges: the Wisconsin Woodchucks are harvesting 100-year-old wood from a crumbling building, and it could all come crashing down with just one wrong move. This summer, eight crews will embark on the toughest season of their careers. They will be tested by the elements, by each other and by their own desire to do the impossible—conquer Mother Nature and live to tell the tale.
Monday, December 10th
American Country Awards, special awards show from 8 to 10pm on FOX
– Hosted by multi-platinum recording artist Trace Adkins and Emmy and Tony Award winner Kristin Chenoweth, this unnecessary bagillionth country music awards show airs live from The Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The two-hour live music spectacular is the only country music awards show that gives fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite artists not only in traditional categories but also in a previously unrecognized area – touring – encompassing the entire spectrum of country music and bestowing honors that no other awards show has.
Take It All, series premiere at 9pm on NBC
– Howie Mandel hosts a week-long game show in which a contestant selects and opens a prize worth thousands of dollars; dream prizes such as luxury cars, exotic trips, jewelry and VIP experiences. Then, the next player is faced with a dilemma: do they steal a prize that has already been revealed, or do they take a chance with another unopened prize, hoping what’s inside is worth more? But that’s just the beginning. When there are only two contestants left, the players have a life-changing choice to make in the vain of the Bachelor Pad finale grand prize: keep the prizes they have – or try and take all the prizes. If both players choose to “keep mine,” they will each keep the prizes they have won in the prior rounds. If one player chooses “keep mine” and the other chooses to “take it all,” the player that chose “take it all” will go home with all the prizes – theirs and their opponents. But if both choose “take it all,” they both go home with nothing. The stakes are insanely high as each contestant grapples with the choice of a lifetime.
Michael Bublé: Home for the Holidays, Holiday special at 10pm on NBC
– The talented and Michael Bublé returns to NBC with another star-studded holiday Christmas special. The multi-Grammy Award winning singer is joined by guest stars Rod Stewart, Blake Shelton, and fellow Canadian Carly Rae Jepsen, as well as Elmo, on songs including “Jingle Bell Rock,” “Let It Snow,” “All I Want for Christmas Is You” and “Winter Wonderland.” With a little magic, Michael performs a special duet with Bing Crosby of the classic “White Christmas.”
Wednesday, December 12th
Storage Wars: Texas, season premiere at 9pm on A&E
– A&E’s top-rated non-fiction franchise heads to the Lone Star state to follow teams of bidders on their quest for auction gold. The series returns for a second season with brand-new buys, all-new finds, and a few new faces. In season two, “The Rangers” Ricky and Bubba aim to expand their franchise across the great state of Texas. New buyer Jenny Grumbles enters the fray using her southern wits to revive old furniture for massive payouts. Vic “The Outsider” tries to destroy his competition by turning Bubba against Ricky. And Dr. Moe Prigoff looks to his old friend Mary Padian to save him from his newfound hoarding problem. Mannequins to motorcycles, swords to solar panels – these buyers are takin’ care of bid-ness.
Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012, annual special from 9:30 to 11pm on ABC
– From influential world leaders to A-list celebrities, some of the year’s biggest names in entertainment, sports and popular culture are sitting down with ABC’s Barbara Walters for her annual special, Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of the Year. The 90-minute-long program, now in its 20th season, features a wide-ranging list of eclectic figures, including Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, outspoken New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Olympic gold medal gymnast Gabby Douglas, the British boy band sensation One Direction, Academy-award winning actor/director/writer Ben Affleck, the 2013 Oscars host and creator of the cult classic, Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane, and one of the most famous authors in the world, EL James, the woman behind the steamy literary phenomenon, “Fifty Shades of Grey.” The Number One Most Fascinating Person of 2012 will be announced on the program.
Thursday, December 13th
Impractical Jokers, season premiere at 10pm on truTV
– They have to SAY it. They have to DO it. You have to SEE it. Once you start watching, you just can’t stop! Q, Sal, Joe and Murr have entertained each other for years with the most hilarious dares they could imagine. Now you get to watch them in a series of outrageous stunts (recorded by hidden cameras) to make each other (and you) howl with laughter. This year they are taking it even further than they’ve ever gone before, you gotta see this to believe it!
Friday, December 14th
The Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour, special at 10pm on PBS
– The Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour — the controversial surreal film made by The Beatles and broadcast by the BBC in 1967 and unavailable for decades – comes to THIRTEEN’s Great Performances. Magical Mystery Tour is a surreal take on the British working class tradition of a coach trip to the seaside, featuring an eccentric cast of characters, some played by professional actors. Other passengers included friends, associates and people they’d just invited along for the ride. In September, they set off from London and headed west to Cornwall where most of the film was shot. Never nationally broadcast in the US, the film’s life has been lived as an album for 45 years. Now, all this time later, the true setting of those fabulous songs is available again. The film has been fully restored to the highest technical standard with a remixed soundtrack. Properly presented for the first time, Magical Mystery Tour comes out of the shadows and onto the screen.
Saturday, December 15th
Six Little McGhees, series premiere at 10pm on OWN
– Six Little McGhees follows the inspirational lives of Mia and Rozonno McGhee as they juggle marriage, a family business, and six adorable toddlers! High school sweethearts who banded together to rise above their impoverished roots, Mia and Ro never imagined that they would be blessed with Columbus, Ohio’s first sextuplets. Together, with an unconventional army of volunteers, they prove that with a lot of love and a little support, anyone can beat the odds. From sun up to sun down, cameras document each busy day as the McGhees navigate life with six babies and a small entourage of helpers. And with the terrible two’s fast approaching, the trouble has just begun.