Sunday, November 25th
Downton Abbey Revisited, special from 8 to 9:30pm on PBS
– The extraordinarily popular PBS series created by Academy Award-winning writer Julian Fellowes, tells the story of the noble Crawley family and the staff who serve them in their sumptuous Yorkshire estate. Filled with love and intrigue, Downton Abbey has been embraced by viewers and critics alike, making Season 2 the most-watched Masterpiece drama on record. Dame Maggie Smith was recently honored with a Primetime Emmy Award for her portrayal of Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham. Hosted by Angela Lansbury, Downton Abbey Revisited is a fond recollection of favorite moments from Seasons 1 and 2, plus interviews with the actors and creative team and rare behind-the-scenes footage, all in anticipation of the Season 3 premiere in January.
Liz & Dick, TV movie premiere at 9pm on Lifetime
– In her highly anticipated comeback movie role, Lindsay Lohan (“Mean Girls”) stars as the legendary dame Elizabeth Taylor alongside Grant Bowler (“Defiance”) as celebrated actor Richard Burton in the Lifetime Original Movie “Liz & Dick” based on the true story of the couple’s passionate and tumultuous love affair. For nearly a quarter of a century, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were Hollywood royalty and their fiery romance – often called “the marriage of the century” – was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day. Swarmed by paparazzi worldwide, their love affair was played out entirely in front of the media from the time they met on the set of the major motion picture “Cleopatra”, left their respective spouses, married and divorced, only to remarry and divorce once again. Despite their roller coaster romance for the public eye to see, Liz and Dick shared an undeniable love greater than most people could ever dream of.
Soul Train Awards 2012, special awards show from 9 to 11pm on BET
– Comedian Cedric the Entertainer is this year’s host; John Legend and Stevie Wonder perform; Nas, R. Kelly, Usher, Eric Benét, and Frank Ocean are all up for Album of the Year; and late Soul Train creator Don Cornelius and New Edition are the honorees.
Monday, November 26th
Next Great Baker, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– The competition is still sweet, but Buddy is really bringing the heat in this 10-week reality series competition. There’s never a dull moment at Carlo’s Bakery – and Buddy’s ready to take another talented confectioner under his wing. The frosting will fly as 13 lucky bakers get a shot to show Buddy their stuff, with one of them voted on the show by, you, the fans. Each week, Buddy will push the contestants’ baking and decorating skills to the limit with challenges so tough, they’ll make you say “Holy Cannoli!” One by one, promising bakers will be sent to the box truck until one Great Baker remains – taking home the top prize and a chance to work with the Boss. With crazier twists, tougher challenges and bigger prizes at stake, this season promises to be an all-out war. It’s GO TIME!
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, 2-hour holiday special at 9pm on ABC
– This first installment of a four-part holiday special brings back Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from its cancellation as a regular series. The Thanksgiving-themed episode will be guest-hosted by Jenny McCarthy. The episode will spotlight the Watson family and include a trip to the Wipeout set and an appearance by UFC Champion fighter Jon “Bones” Jones.
Tuesday, November 27th
Rizzoli & Isles, midseason premiere at 9pm on TNT
Leverage, midseason premiere at 10pm on TNT
Wednesday, November 28th
Love You, Mean It With Whitney Cummings, series premiere at 10:30pm on E!
– Comedian, actress, writer and producer Whitney Cummings is partnering with E! Entertainment for the new weekly talk show from the woman who apparently doesn’t have enough jobs as star of NBC’s mediocre Whitney and co-creator of CBS’s hit 2 Broke Girls. Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings is guided by Cummings’ signature humor, and will be a weekly medley of witty commentary featuring Cummings’ take on everything from the biggest pop-culture and celebrity happenings, to life, relationships, sex and more. Equipped with only a microphone and her laptop – and joined by celebrity guests and comedian friends, including sidekick Julian McCullough – the outspoken comedienne has free rein to dish on her favorite topics, trends and latest obsessions. Nothing is off limits for this girl who says what everyone else is thinking, whether it’s pondering the wisdom of plastic surgery, the folly of mis-matched Hollywood romances or setting the record straight on pressing rumors circulating the Web.