Monday, November 12th
Oliver Stone’s Untold History of the United States, miniseries premiere at 8pm on Showtime
– There is a classified America we were never meant to see. From Academy Award®-winning writer/director Oliver Stone, this ten-part documentary series looks back at human events that at the time went under reported, but that crucially shaped America’s unique and complex history over the 20th century. From the atomic bombing of Japan to the Cold War and the fall of Communism, this in-depth, surprising, and totally riveting series demands to be watched again and again.
Teen Mom 2, season premiere at 2pm on MTV
– Teen Mom is a spin-off of the MTV documentary series 16 & Pregnant. We are following the stories of four girls from the first season of 16 & Pregnant who are facing the challenges of their first years of motherhood. Each episode interweaves stories of four teenage girls who are navigating the bumpy terrain of adolescence, growing pains, and coming of age – all while facing the responsibility of being a young mother. Each story offers a unique look into the wide variety of challenges young mothers can face: marriage, relationships, family support, or lack thereof, adoption, finances, rumors among the community, graduating high school, starting college, getting (or losing) a job and the daunting and exciting step of moving out of the nest to create their own families. Former cheerleader Leah is the teen mother of twins Alianna and Aleeah. A very motivated high school senior, Kailyn is the serious and stoic teen mom of baby Isaac from Nazareth, Pennsylvania. Popular softball star Chelsea dropped out of high school senior year while pregnant with her daughter, Aubree. For beach bunny Jenelle, life in sunny Oak Island, North Carolina isn’t as carefree as it used to be. Since giving birth to her son Jace, Jenelle has found it tough to reconcile the responsibilities of motherhood with her love of partying.
Tuesday, November 13th
Million Dollar Decorators, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– Bravo’s brings design filled nights when Million Dollar Decorators returns for Season 2. Los Angeles’s most exclusive and sought-after interior designers – Martyn Lawrence Bullard, Kathryn Ireland, Jeffrey Alan Marks, and Mary McDonald are back. With big budgets, big personalities, and big projects, the designers take on A-List celebrity clientele and a few encounter some very familiar faces that turn out to be their most difficult clients to date.
Mankind The Story of All of Us, miniseries premiere at 9pm on History
– Mankind The Story of All of Us is an epic 12-hour television event about the greatest adventure of all time—the history of the human race. It takes 10 billion years for the ideal planet to form and 3 billion more for the right conditions to emerge before it finally happens: mankind begins. From there unfolds a fast-paced story told here through key turning points—stepping stones in our journey from hunter-gatherer to global citizen. It’s a tale of connections—why some ideas take hold and spread around the globe, and how the lives of people in one part of the world are shaped by events in another. Episodes covered throughout the series include the ice age, the advent of farming, the sacking of Rome, the discovery of the New World, the fall of the Aztec empire, the Industrial Revolution and so much more. This is our story—a story of triumph and overcoming, of survival on a harsh and brutal planet. It is the story of all of—and how, against the odds, we survived. Mankind is the first television series in a generation to tackle the history of the human race through the ages. Embracing groundbreaking storytelling methods, it features jaw-dropping imagery and dramatic reconstructions of the most critical events in human history.
Wednesday, November 14th
Whitney, season premiere at 8pm on NBC
– They say marriage is the number one cause of divorce. For Alex and Whitney, it’s one of many reasons they’re determined not to take the plunge. After going to yet another one of their friends’ weddings, Whitney realizes that she and Alex are dangerously close to relationship boredom. She sees it happen all the time: pretty soon you’re not dressing up for each other, you’re not having enough sex, and you start fighting. Determined not to let that happen to them, Whitney consults her close circle of (opinionated) friends and snaps into action. A few awkward sexy costumes and one botched seductive evening later, they end up in the ER after Alex gets a concussion from a compromising position. Not exactly the mind-blowing experience she wanted, but you know what? That’s all right. Their relationship might not be perfect on paper, but it works and they really do love each other.
Saturday, November 17th
Coldplay Live 2012, concert movie premiere at 8pm on Epix
– The boys from Coldplay are putting it all on the table in their latest world tour, with an extravagant, jaw-dropping stage show that’s a feast for both the eyes and ears. Enjoy a front row seat with this EPIX original concert special, as Britain’s kings of alt-rock bring the house down with a setlist that includes tracks from their latest studio album Mylo Xyloto, as well as plenty of classic fan favorites like “In My Place.”