Sunday, November 4th
SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden, TV movie premiere from 8 to 10pm on Nat Geo
– When the rumored whereabouts of Osama bin Laden are revealed, the CIA readies a team of seasoned U.S. Navy SEALs for the mission of a lifetime. Despite inconclusive evidence that bin Laden is inside the compound, and ignoring the possible ramifications of an unannounced attack on Pakistani soil, the Pentagon orders the attack. The SEAL Team bands together to complete their mission of justice in a riveting final showdown. From Academy Award-winning producer of The Hurt Locker Nicolas Chartier, The Weinstein Company, and John Stockwell, this feature-length film based on true events stars Cam Gigandet, Anson Mount, Freddy Rodriguez, Xzibit, Kathleen Robertson, Eddie Kay Thomas and Kenneth Miller.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– New ventures, sizzling romance, a whole lotta donkey booty, and two new Housewives arrive to turn up the heat in Hotlanta. Season 5 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta follows NeNe as she embarks on a new adventure as a rising star in Hollywood. In the love department NeNe flirts with the idea of rekindling a romance with her ex, Gregg, meanwhile, new love is in the air for Kandi who has recently found herself a man. Focused on their expanding businesses, Cynthia dabbles into the world of pageants and Phaedra decides to create a fitness video all about achieving that signature “donkey booty.” Our recently married Housewife Kim is also busy expanding her family, but manages to make it out for the ladies’ events — even ones where NeNe is the guest of honor. Will these two ever make up or will she further distance herself from the group in favor of her family and man? New Housewives Kenya and Porsha also join the mix and waste very little time stirring things up among this group of southern ladies.
The Next Iron Chef: Redemption, season premiere at 9pm on Food Network
– The Food Network’s competition series celebrates its fifth season by bringing back favorites from past seasons who are cooking for a chance to reclaim the prize they believe slipped through their fingertips. The competitors are given opportunities to prove their skills are Iron Chef worthy, while revisiting some of the memorable moments that sent them home in the past. As they say, to own the future, one must look straight in the eye of the past. This yearʼs winner will join a culinary pantheon of greatness, as he or she will become a member of the Chairmanʼs team on Iron Chef America. This season’s rival chefs will need to impress returning judges Simon Majumdar and Donatella Arpaia, joined by last season’s winner Geoffrey Zakarian and host Alton Brown.
Monday, November 5th
Witness, series premiere at 7:30pm on HBO
– Executive producer Michael Mann and director David Frankham commence a four-part docu-series about photographers in extreme conditions. The first follows shutterbug Eros Hoagland on hair-raising expeditions into Juarez, Mexico. Hoagland talks to the cameras as he snaps pics of drug-gang members, their (frequently dead) victims, and law enforcement fighting a losing battle. It’s grim but exhilarating: a portrait of an artist chronicling despair.
Tuesday, November 6th
Hardcore Pawn, season premiere at 9pm on truTV
– As owners of Detroit’s biggest pawn shop, the Gold family has bought and sold things you can’t begin to imagine. Every day brings new danger as the Golds operate in the heart of one of America’s most troubled cities. With 50,000 sq ft of cash and goods surrounding them, there are millions to be made, but their profits come with huge risk. Welcome to the world of Hardcore Pawn.
Wednesday, November 7th
Top Chef: Seattle, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– Famed chef and restaurant mogul Wolfgang Puck joins the judges table for the show’s tenth season. Puck will be sitting alongside Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons, Hugh Acheson, and Emeril Lagasse, with Padma Lakshmi returning as host, as 21 cheftestants compete for the Top Chef crown. Bravo’s hit cooking competition series offers a fascinating window into the competitive, pressure-filled environment of world-class cookery and the restaurant business at the highest level. The series features aspiring chefs who compete for their shot at culinary stardom and the chance to earn the title of Top Chef. Each episode holds two challenges for the chefs. The first is a Quickfire test of their basic abilities and the second is a more involved elimination challenge designed to test the versatility and inventiveness of the chefs as they take on unique culinary trials such as working with unusual and exotic foods or catering for a range of demanding clients. The challenges not only test their skills in the kitchen, but also uncover if they have the customer service, management and teamwork abilities required of a Top Chef. The competing chefs live and breathe the high-pressure lifestyle that comes with being a master chef and each week someone is asked to “pack up their knives” and go home.
Saturday, November 10th
Wedding Band, series premiere at 10pm on TBS
– Delivering equal parts comedy and heart, Wedding Band centers on the bromance between four likable but occasionally reckless young men who can’t figure out their own lives. One thing they have figured out, however, is that weddings are the wildest parties in town. After all, the groupies are bridesmaids, the drinks are free and the best part, there’s a paycheck waiting at the end of the night. And it’s not just weddings. Mother of the Bride also brings the party to bar mitzvahs, high-school reunions and even bachelorette parties. On lead vocals and playing the crowd is perennial bachelor Tommy (Brian Austin Green aka Megan Fox’s hubby). Shredding it on guitar is his best friend and married father of two, Eddie (Peter Cambor). Behind Eddie on drums –and everything else in life – is his rock-obsessed brother, Barry (Derek Miller), whose mission is to bring the arena-rock spectacle to black-tie events. New to the band is Stevie (Harold Perrineau), a bassist and session musician who’s jammed with all the big rock giants, “from AC to ZZ,” but he’s never been an official member of a band until Mother of the Bride. Together these four guys provide the soundtracks to other people’s lives. But now the band is ready to take things to the next level. That means attracting the attention of top event Roxie Rutherford (Melora Hardin), and her novice associate Rachel (Jenny Wade) and keeping Eddie out of trouble with his wife, Ingrid (Kathryn Fiore).