Sunday, October 21st
Night of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together for Autism Programs, special event from 8 to 10pm on Comedy Central
– Comedy Central has once again joined forces with Jon Stewart’s Busboy Productions for its fourth biennial special event, Night of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together for Autism Programs. The benefit will feature Jon Stewart hosting an evening filled with live performances, sketches and short films from a roster of comedy and celebrity all-stars. The following celebrities are scheduled to appear: Fred Armisen, Ed Asner, Samantha Bee, Matthew Broderick, Hannibal Buress, Bill Burr, Louis C.K., Andy Cohen, Stephen Colbert, Dane Cook, Tina Fey, Bill Hader, Tom Hanks, Tommy Hilfiger, Carly Rae Jepsen, Jason Jones, Jack McBrayer, Tom Morello, Tracy Morgan, Bill O’Reilly, Al Pacino, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen, Bob Saget, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Sudeikis, Sting, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Katy Perry, Matthew Broderick, Jimmy Kimmel, Julianne Moore, Meredith Vieira and more! Night of Too Many Stars benefits a variety of autism programs across the country in support of the overabundance of individuals with autism that so desperately need quality services. In 2010, thanks to your support, Night of Too Many Stars, through its partner organization, New York Collaborates for Autism, gave more than $3.1 million in grants to 41 programs in 13 states.
Monday, October 22nd
RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race, season premiere at 9pm on Logo
– They come armed with stilettos, feathers, and sequins, prepared for a battle where one false move-or eyelash-could spell doom. They are the best of the best, the top queens from Drag Race seasons 1-4, and they’re ready to lip-synch for their lives to determine which of these all-stars will claim the ultimate title and be declared Queen amongst queens. Join RuPaul as he welcomes back the most celebrated queens of the past for a special edition of Drag Race that promises to be the wildest, most jaw-dropping and outrageous Drag Race yet.
Tuesday, October 23rd
Happy Endings, season premiere at 9pm on ABC
– Happy Endings is a raucous comedy about six dysfunctional thirtysomething friends living in Chicago. The show follows the lives of shop owner Alex and her ex-fiance, Dave, an aspiring restaurateur who runs a food truck called “Steak Me Home Tonight”; crazy-in-love husband and wife duo Brad and Jane, who is also Alex’s sister; Max, their perpetually underemployed gay friend, and singleton Penny, always in pursuit of, but never quite finding, the right guy. This season, Alex and Dave (who haven’t been a couple since Alex dumped Dave at the altar) will begin dating again, trying to “keep it cazsh.” But since the last time these two got together did not end well, who knows how far the romance will get this time? For now, only Max knows that Penny also has some unresolved feelings for Dave, but that will change as others in the tightly-knit group catch on. While “the year of Penny” is over (and was less than “ahmahzing”), Penny will continue to date and might finally find a steady boyfriend. Brad, once the biggest breadwinner of the group, was fired from his job in last year’s season finale. He’ll turn to Max for tips on surviving underemployment. He’ll try out a variety of jobs to make ends meet, including working on a bar mitzvah hype team with Max. Max will also keep looking for the right guy, but his road to romance won’t be easy either, and even kind of dangerous when he develops a crush on a physical therapist – with hilarious consequences for Penny.
Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, season premiere at 9:30pm on ABC
– A wide-eyed Midwestern girl moves to New York City to pursue her dream job only to find herself living with an outlandish girl with the morals of a pirate. June’s (Dreama Walker) well-planned well-organized life takes a drastic turn when she arrives in New York to find that the corporate finance job she moved there for no longer exists. As she tries to navigate her newly single life in the big city, her Midwestern scruples are constantly put to the test by her wild and sophisticated party-girl roommate Chloe (Krysten Ritter, Breaking Bad) and Chloe’s best friend, the actor James Van Der Beek (James Van Der Beek plays a douchey hilarious version of himself). The two girls form an unlikely friendship that leads them both to unexpected places and often-illegal experiences. In the season premiere, Cougar Town’s Busy Phillips guest stars, hopeful wishing for a Dawson Creek reunion!
Wednesday, October 24th
The Houstons: On Our Own, series premiere at 9pm on Lifetime
– Here it is folks: the controversial reality show starring Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina that was announced way too soon after the iconic singer’s tragic passing. Whitney Houston’s sudden passing left behind a major void felt not only by the world, but also by those who loved her most: her beloved family. Lifetime’s all-new docuseries The Houstons: On Our Own will chronicle those closest to the pop music icon, including her daughter Bobbi Kristina (Krissy); Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager; Pat’s daughter Rayah; Whitney’s brother Gary; mother, Grammy Award-winning singer Cissy Houston, and family friend Nick Gordon, as they try and pick up the pieces after her untimely death. Throughout the 14 episode half-hour series, viewers will see the Houston Family as they come together to deal with the loss of Whitney and focus on Krissy, the 19 year-old daughter of Bobby Brown and Whitney, and the only heir to her mother’s estate. The Houstons: On Our Own will follow Pat Houston, Krissy’s aunt, guardian, manager and executor of Whitney’s estate, as she tries her best to keep this large family together as they help Krissy deal with the loss of her mother in a healthy way and grow into a talented and beautiful young woman.
Thursday, October 25th
Project Runway All Stars, season premiere at 9pm on Lifetime
– If you’re on a high after the original Project Runway finally crowned the right winner Dmitry Sholokhov on Thursday, then ride the train right into season two of Project Runway’s better half. Project Runway All Stars features thirteen designers that are back (again) and ready to win – with a vengeance! Featuring new host supermodel Carolyn Murphy, these designers will have to prove to judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and mentor Joanna Coles, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire that they have what it takes to win Project Runway All Stars. The competition will be as fierce as ever, as these Project Runway fan favorites must once again prove they still have the talent, innovation and creativity that made them a household name.
Designers for Project Runway All Stars Season Two include:
Wendy Pepper (Middleburg, VA), Season One, Second Runner-Up
Andrae Gonzalo (New York, NY), Season Two
Kayne Gillaspie (Nashville, TN), Season Three
Uli Herzner (Miami, FL), Season Three, First Runner-up
Suede (Barryville, NY), Season Five
Althea Harper (New Haven, CT), Season Six, First Runner-up
Emilio Sosa (New York, NY), Season Seven, First Runner-up
Peach Carr (Lake Forest, IL), Season Eight
Casanova (New York, NY), Season Eight
Ivy Higa (New York, NY), Season Eight
Anthony Ryan Auld (Baton Rouge, LA), Season Nine
Laura Kathleen (St. Louis, MO), Season Nine
Joshua McKinley (New York, NY), Season Nine, First Runner-up
The winner of season two of Project Runway All Stars will have the chance to create a custom-branded capsule collection for Nine West, and will be awarded a cash prize of $150,000, a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother Sewing and Embroidery, an all-expenses paid trip around the world to attend fashion weeks in cities such as Paris, London, Milan and Tokyo courtesy of Laura Mercier and a technology suite/office space from HP and Intel to bring the designer’s creativity to life and run his or her business. The winner will also receive a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a position with the publication as Contributing Editor for one year. With the biggest prize package in Runway history, bragging rights and the chance for redemption all on the line, who will have what it takes to impress this panel of judges and finally take home fashion’s top prize?
Friday, October 26th
Kitchen Nightmares, season premiere at 8pm on FOX
– World-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay returns for a fourth season as he treks across the country to help fledgling restaurants turn their luck and their businesses around. With the economy hitting the restaurant business hard, these restaurateurs are looking to Chef Ramsay to wake them up from their Kitchen Nightmares. Each week, Chef Ramsay will visit a new establishment with myriad problems. He will delve deep into the inner workings of each eatery and explore everything from unsanitary refrigerators to lazy and inexperienced staff to diagnose the real problems. Whether he changes the restaurant’s operations, updates the menu or gives the establishment a complete makeover, Chef Ramsay will do whatever it takes to try and turn these restaurants into popular, successful and, most importantly, money-making businesses. It’s up to the restaurant owners to take his advice and use it, or face closure. Using his five-star culinary expertise and knowledge, Chef Ramsay will put his name and his food empire on the line to help transform these restaurant nightmares into the American dream.
Saturday, October 27th
The Graham Norton Show, season premiere at 11pm on BBC America
– The Graham Norton Show rolls into its twelfth season! Graham Norton, the multi-award winning comedian and host, presents his talk show based on the people, trends, stories and aspects of celebrity culture that interest him most. He’s entertaining the masses with everything you won’t see on the news from celebrity guests’ anecdotes and sillier stories buzzing in the ether to the unique quirks and obsessions of his audience. Expect trademark Norton comedy monologues, celeb chat, eccentric stories and characters and some good old-fashioned home-grown weirdness. The Graham Norton Show will feature the host telling the sharpest jokes, trading quips with the celebrities who fascinate him and interacting with his fans. Welcome to Graham’s world! The season premiere will feature Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ronnie Corbett, Miranda Hart, and musical guest Usher.