Dancing With the Stars: All Stars, season premiere at 8pm on ABC
– We’ve seen a stunning supply of sambas, salsas and spray tans during the first 14 seasons of Dancing with the Stars. Season 15 continues this tradition as some of your all-time favorite stars head back to the ballroom in the first-ever All-Star edition of the greatest dance party on the planet! Kirstie Alley was all about Cheers in the world of sitcoms, but she’s also known for the cheers she received as the Season 12 runner-up. Blonde beauty Pamela Anderson is a Season 10 star who has also appeared in Argentina’s version of the show. Both of these talented stars will be going up against Season 1 champ Kelly Monaco, who will surely make room on her mantle for another Mirrorball. The world of sports is well-represented as Super Bowl and past Dancing champ Emmitt Smith rushes back to the ballroom. He’ll do battle with a few other past winners in Olympians Shawn Johnson and Apolo Anton Ohno, as well as racing great Helio Castroneves. Top music men Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey are back along with TV heartthrob Gilles Marini. Bristol “the pistol” Palin is also hoping to make another run to the finals along with Melissa Rycroft, who was in the ballroom last season as a top Dancing blogger. But wait, there’s more! Tom and Brooke are back to guide us through this exciting new season, as are judges Bruno, Carrie Ann, and Len. But it’s the fans that ultimately help determine which teams make the cut each week. With all these fan favorites coming back for one epic season, not all of them can be paired with their original partners so here are this season’s pairings:
Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff
Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
Drew Lachey & Anna Trebunskaya
Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke
Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd
Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower
Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson
Kelly Monaco & Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
Pamela Anderson & Tristan MacManus
Sabrina Bryan & Louis van Amstel
Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough
How I Met Your Mother, season premiere at 8pm on CBS
– When we last left Ted and the gang, Britney and former stripper Quinn were not only blissfully living together but also got engaged! Then we flashed forward to discover Barney’s future bride is none other than…Robin! So what happened in between? Knowing how notoriously slow this show answers questions (it seemed to almost completely abandon its goal of revealing the mother’s identity over the last 2 seasons), we’ll be in for quite a wait. When we last saw Ted in Mother’s flashback world, he and season 1 romance Victoria were driving off into the sunset after she left her fiancé waiting at the alter, oops. And finally we thought that maybe we had discovered who the mother was until future Ted told us they were not meant to be and the Mother of his children was another.
Partners, series premiere at 8:30pm on CBS
– This new addition to CBS’s Monday comedy night is based on the lives of creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, about two life-long best friends and business partners whose “bromance” is tested when one of them is engaged to be married. Joe is an accomplished architect who leads with his head and not his heart, especially in his love life. That’s in stark contrast to his gay co-worker, Louis, who is spontaneous, emotional and prone to exaggeration. Both have found joy in their love lives: Joe is newly engaged to Ali, a beautiful and sophisticated jewelry designer, and Louis’ companion is Wyatt, a vegan nurse who Louis insists is just a promotion away from becoming a doctor. As news of Joe’s engagement settles, time will tell if their business and personal bond can adapt to the addition of two other important relationships.
2 Broke Girls, season premiere at 9pm on CBS
– CBS’s hit sophomore comedy centers around two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner who strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business – if only they can raise the cash. Sassy, streetwise Max Black works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline Channing is an uptown trust fund princess who’s having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she’s surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max’s knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but first they need to raise the start-up money. While they save their tips, they’ll stay at the restaurant, working with Oleg, an overly flirtatious Russian cook; Earl, a 75-year-old kool-kat cashier; and Han Lee, the new, eager-to-please owner of the diner. Working together, these two broke girls living in one expensive city might just find the perfect recipe for their big break.
Mike & Molly, season premiere at 9:30pm on CBS
– Mike & Molly is a comedy about a working class Chicago couple who find love at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. Officer Mike Biggs is a good-hearted cop who sincerely wants to lose weight. Mike’s partner, Officer Carl McMillan, is a thin, fast-talking wise-guy who, despite his teasing, encourages Mike on his road to slimness and romance. While speaking at an O.A. meeting, Mike meets Molly Flynn, an instantly likeable fourth-grade teacher with a good sense of humor about her curves. For Molly, focusing on smart choices isn’t easy while living with her sexy older sister, Victoria, and their mother, Joyce, both of whom flaunt their effortless figures while indulging their healthy appetites right in front of her. Mike also faces temptation at the diner he and Carl frequent, where they’ve become friends with a Senegalese waiter, Samuel, to whom dieting is a foreign concept. Mike and Molly found each other in the most unexpected of places. Season 3 finds them post-wedding bliss after the honeymoon is over!
Castle, season premiere at 10pm on ABC
– When viewers first met the dashing and charming Richard Castle – a famous mystery novelist and divorced father raising his teenage daughter, while being kept grounded by his Broadway diva mother – he was creatively blocked. But when the NYPD questioned him in connection with a series of murders staged to imitate crime scenes from his books, Castle found inspiration in NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, a bright and aggressive homicide detective with a fascination for odd and offbeat cases stemming from the years-old unsolved murder of her own mother. Though they instantly clashed, sparks of another sort began to fly, leading both to danger and a hint of romance as Castle stepped in to help find the copycat killer. Once that initial case was solved, Castle and Beckett continued to investigate strange homicides in New York, combining Castle’s writer intuition and Beckett’s creative detective work. Then, after four seasons of “will they” or “won’t they”, Castle and Beckett finally gave into their feelings towards each other in the much anticipated season finale. The season five premiere episode picks up the morning after with Castle & Beckett facing new questions about their relationship. Was this a onetime thing? Are they a couple? Will this change their professional relationship? And how much can they afford to reveal to their NYPD co-workers? The fun and conflict escalate as the crime-solving dynamic duo navigate a whole new chapter in their relationship.
Hawaii Five-0, season premiere at 10pm on CBS
– This contemporary take on the classic series by the same name follows a new elite federalized task force whose mission is to wipe out the crime that washes up on the Islands’ sun-drenched beaches. Detective Steve McGarrett, a decorated Naval officer-turned-cop, returns to Oahu to investigate his father’s murder and stays after Hawaii’s Governor persuades him to head up the new team: his rules, her backing, no red tape and full blanket authority to hunt down the biggest “game” in town. At the end of season two, McGarrett’s mother showed up at his doorstep (Christine Lahti). Mrs. McGarrett will stay on this third season to help shed light on McGarrett’s past. After 20 years of not seeing her son, she claims she made that sacrifice to protect her family. This season, viewers will also get a fresh perspective on McGarrett’s partner Danny “Danno” Williams (Scott Caan) through flashbacks to when he was a New Jersey cop that will feature an appearance by guest star Terrence Howard.