Sunday, July 22nd
Teen Choice Awards 2012, awards show from 8 to 10pm
– Glee star Kevin McHale will co-host the 14th annual special alongside The X Factor judge Demi Lovato. The live special also will feature performances by Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Flo Rida, No Doubt and DJ Pauly D, who will serve as “Choice” DJ for the night.
Bar Rescue, season premiere at 9pm on Spike
– Spike TV’s hit reality series Bar Rescue returns for another round with back-to-back new episodes. From the producers of The Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, the series follows one of the country’s top nightlife consultants, Jon Taffer, wielding his nearly three decades of experience in the food and beverage, hotel and hospitality industries to help give failing establishments one last chance to transform themselves into vibrant, profitable businesses. Over the course of the new season, Taffer will visit a different failing establishment in cities all around the country. His brash approach may ruffle feathers along the way, but Taffer pulls no punches and values bottom lines above hurt feelings. Owners and employees he believes are standing in the way of success are urged to check their egos at the door, as he employs a proven scientific approach to solving the problems befalling bars. From aligning furniture to encourage more eye contact and social interaction, to analyzing the rate of alcohol consumption in relation to tempo of music, to devising menu layouts that steer customers to the most profitable items, Taffer leaves no stone unturned in his mission to reinvigorate bars that are struggling.
Monday, July 23rd
Bachelor Pad, season premiere at 8pm on ABC
– Bachelor Pad 2 winner Michael Stagliano returns to find true love on Season 3 of ABC’s hot summer series, Bachelor Pad. For the first time, “Super Fans” will join previous bachelors and bachelorettes under one roof, competing for a second chance at love or money. Hosted by Chris Harrison, Bachelor Pad returns with its most controversial cast to date, as 15 unforgettable characters from the Bachelor franchise –those we love and those we love to hate – gather back at the mansion to live together to possibly find a second chance at love and compete for $250,000. Last season, Michael Stagliano won the money but lost at love when his ex Holly dropped the bomb that she is engaged to another contestant! This season he moves into the mansion and will put everything on the line, even his winnings from last season, to find love. Also, fresh off the wrath of Emily, Villain Kalon McMahon decides to lick his wounds and move into Bachelor Pad. Other residents will include Bachelorette 5 fan favorites Ed Swiderski, winner, and contestant Reid Rosenthal, who proposed to Jillian Harris.
Alphas, season premiere at 10pm on Syfy
– Alphas is an action-packed thriller from writers Zak Penn (The Avengers, X-Men: The Last Stand) and Michael Karnow. In the series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas – people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities. Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy.
I’m Having Their Baby, series premiere at 11pm on Oxygen
– I’m Having Their Baby is a deep and emotional six-part docu-series that reveals the story that often goes untold – that of young, pregnant women as they struggle to go through with the most difficult decision of their lives, whether or not to place their babies for adoption. These would-be moms want a brighter future for their unborn child as well as better life for themselves, but face a mountain of inner turmoil as they search for potential adoptive parents as well as make their birth and transfer plans.
Wednesday, July 25th
Top Chef Masters, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– Bravo’s Top Chef Masters Season 4 is smokin’ in Las Vegas with 12 new award-winning chefs hungry to compete for the title and win $100,000 for their charity. In each episode, the winners of every Quickfire Challenge will be awarded $5,000 while the victors of the Elimination Challenges will receive $10,000 for their designated charities. Celebrity chef Curtis Stone is back as series host alongside returning judges James Oseland and Ruth Reichl with new judges, food and travel journalist Krista Simmons, and features editor of Gilt Taste, Francis Lam. Top Chef Masters pits 12 world-renowned chefs against each other to see how well they fare in fierce culinary competition. Based at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, each week will whittle down the chefs until the finale where one winner is crowned “Top Chef Master” and receives the grand prize of $100,000 for the charity of their choice. The chefs are bringing more than their knives to the table; they’re bringing their egos and stirring up the drama… all for charity.
WakeBrothers, series premiere at 11pm on MTV
– Sibling rivalry usually diminishes over time. But in the case of Phil and Bob
Soven… it’s just heating up! 23-year-old Phil Soven is at the top of his game as the number one prowake boarder in the world. Having been a professional in his sport for half his life, Phil has numerous endorsement deals, hundreds of trophies, and a determination to continue furthering his career on the water. Phil is focused on making smart decisions and savvy business investments, but he’s not all work and no play. He has reached celebrity status and the ladies love some Phil “The Real Deal” Soven. While Phil is a stoic, stone-cold wakeboarder, and a one-man wolf pack, Bob is the polar opposite. He is goofy, outgoing, and always coming up with new outrageous ideas that get under his older brother’s skin. At 20 years old, Bob is more concerned about being number one in the hearts of the fans rather than number one on the podium. Bob is always up to antics like bringing red-headed awareness week to Texas, buying exotic animals for their backyard, and going to great lengths to find his brother a girlfriend… just to name a few. This season of WakeBrothers will explore the fierce sibling rivalry between Phil and Bob Soven. They are roommates, competitors and rivals. But that’s about all they have in common…
Thursday, July 26th
3, series premiere at 10pm on CBS
– The inaugural cast of 3 will consist of 29-year-old entrepreneur April Francis, 34-year-old pharmaceutical sales rep Rachel Harley and 24-year-old model Libby Lopez. The series is hosted by Alex Miranda. 3 is a new relationship series in which three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds meet for the first time with a common goal – to find true love. During their journey, the women meet nearly 100 men before they begin to narrow down their suitors. As they search for a partner, they share their lives and emotionally support one another during the dating and decision making process.
Friday, July 27th
2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony, special event from 7:30 to 10pm on NBC
– The Opening Ceremony is a celebration showcasing the best of the Host Nation. It also features a parade of all competing nations and the highly anticipated entrance of the Olympic Flame, which ignites the Cauldron and signals the start of the Games. The eyes of the world will be on London for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games. The Ceremony will provide an opportunity for the world to view the artistic expression of the Artistic Director (Danny Boyle) and his team, and the culture of our Host City and the UK. There are certain elements that must feature in every Ceremony, as outlined in the International Olympic Committee (IOC) charter. The artistic performance of the Ceremony then gets underway and welcomes the world to the London 2012 Games.