Monday, December 12th
Fear Factor, season premiere from 8 to 10pm on NBC
– NBC’s disgustingly terrifying reality competition series returns with all new episodes featuring bigger and more outrageous new stunts that will thrill viewers while testing the stamina and nerves of the contestants. Hosted by Joe Rogan, each riveting episode of “Fear Factor” will include four teams of two competing against each another. Recruited from across the country, the teams will consist of spouses, family members, co-workers and friends, to name a few. Contestants must decide if they have the determination to face their most primal fears, as they are presented with a series of challenges that include the notorious big physical stunts that will test the limits of the contestants’ physical endurance and the ever-popular gross stunts that will test their mental resolve. If contestants complete their task, they advance. If fear stops them from completing a stunt or they fail the mission, they are immediately eliminated. The tandem (or team) who wins the final challenge takes home a $50,000 prize.
Tuesday, December 13th
2011 CMT Artists of the Year, awards show from 9 to 11pm on CMT
– CMT Artists of the Year is an extravagant celebration honoring the achievements of five country music superstars – Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley and Taylor Swift. Parks & Recreation’s Rob Lowe hosts for no apparent reason other than he’s extremely pretty to look at.
Wednesday, December 14th
24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the NHL Winter Classic, season premiere at 10pm on HBO
– HBO Sports’ groundbreaking 24/7 reality franchise, which has captured 14 Sports Emmy Awards, will again join forces with the National Hockey League to take viewers inside one of the NHL’s great rivalries – the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers. 24/7 Flyers/Rangers will follow the two clubs simultaneously, chronicling their highs and lows each week. The build-up and excitement surrounding the rivalry reaches it apex when they meet in the fifth edition of the NHL’s annual outdoor game – 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on Jan. 2 at Citizens Bank Park™ in Philadelphia.
Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2011, special from 9:30pm to 11pm on ABC
– The famous interviewer’s annual special highlighting some of the year’s most prominent names in entertainment, sports and popular culture will present its 19th edition this Holiday season. In recent years, the celebrities who made the list included the cast of Jersey Shore and pop diva Lady Gaga. The “fascinating people” who topped the list this year include: American Reality Royalty the Kardashian family, the always provocative Simon Cowell, breakout stars from television’s hit comedy Modern Family Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet, MLB star and New York Yankees Captain Derek Jeter, American business tycoon/author/television personality Donald Trump, pop singing sensation Katy Perry, and quite possibly the most famous sister in the world — Pippa Middleton. The Number One Most Fascinating Person of 2011 will be announced on the show.
Funniest Commercials of the Year: 2011, special from at 10pm on TBS
– This annual hour-long TV special is devoted to side-splitting hilarity from advertisers around the globe. Hosted once again by Old Spice guy Isaiah Mustafa, this year’s show promises to be freakier than usual—because there will be a whole segment devoted to AdFreak’s 30 Freakiest Ads of 2011 including a cameo by AdFreak. So, join Isaiah on Wednesday night as he counts down to the funniest spot of 2011, with some AdFreak goodness thrown in.
Thursday, December 15th
The Year With Katie Couric, special from 9 to 11pm on ABC
Impractical Jokers, series premiere at 10pm on truTV
– They have to SAY it. They have to DO it. You have to SEE it. Once you start watching, you just can’t stop! Q, Sal, Joe and Murr have entertained each other for years with the most hilarious dares they could imagine. Now you get to watch them in a series of outrageous stunts (recorded by hidden cameras) to make each other (and you) howl with laughter. You gotta see this to believe it!
Friday, December 16th
Bama Glama, series premiere at 8pm on Food
– Scot Wedgeworth, a flamboyant Alabama event planner from, stars in a six-episode series that deviates from Food Network’s standard food-centered shows. With his signature edgy flair, unfiltered sense of humor and volatile team, Scot makes every wedding, birthday party and reception an over-the-top affair.