Sunday, November 6th
Hell on Wheels, series premiere at 10pm on AMC
– Hell on Wheels is a contemporary Western that centers on former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon, portrayed by Anson Mount, whose quest for vengeance has led him to the Union Pacific Railroad’s westward construction of the first transcontinental railroad. This new series tells the epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on a Confederate soldier (Mount) who sets out to exact revenge on the Union soldiers who have killed his wife. His journey takes him west to Hell on Wheels, a dangerous, raucous, lawless melting pot of a town that travels with and services the construction of the first transcontinental railroad, an engineering feat unprecedented for its time. The series documents the railroad’s engineering and construction as well as institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience, and the plight of newly emancipated African-Americans during Reconstruction. Hell on Wheels chronicles this potent turning point in our nation’s history and how uncivilized the business of civilization can be.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– The series delves into the lives of six sassy women from Atlanta’s social elite. Juggling families, careers and a packed personal calendar, The Real Housewives live their triumphs and frustrations out loud. In a season about taking chances, the hottest Housewives in the South are embarking on new ventures and returning to their roots. Kandi, Phaedra, and Cynthia are exploring their entrepreneurial prowess. Though their dreams vary drastically –- sex toys, funeral homes, and a modeling school -– each woman has jumped into their chosen endeavor with a signature boldness and innate sense of humor that defines these Atlanta ladies. On the relationship front, NeNe and Kim remain estranged, but their personal love lives have changed drastically. Kim is madly in love, pregnant, and building a home with Kroy, while NeNe’s now-official separation with Gregg teeters on the brink of divorce. Sheree has grand plans for her own dream house, however the pieces aren’t coming together so smoothly. The interworking of these six unique women continues to captivate audiences, as The Real Housewives of Atlanta remains the highest-rated city in the franchise.
The Heart, She Holler, miniseries premiere at 12:30am on Adult Swim
– The premise centers on three inbred siblings (Patton Oswalt, Kristen Schaal, and Heather Lawless) who fight over their late father’s estate, which essentially comprises the entire hick town in which they reside, Heartshe Holler. Oswalt plays Hurval, an intensely mentally handicapped man who grew up feral in a sealed cave and who gets reintroduced to society just in time to inherit his eccentric father’s “fortunes.” Schaal plays his trampy sister Hurshe, in makeup and costumes that rival Jerri Blank’s for sheer visual audacity. Best of all, Lawless plays Hambrosia, a frightening, telekinetic weirdo with the mannerisms of an even less socialized Carrie White. In Oswalt’s own words: “Think of the worst Williamsburg hipster douchebag, then think of what that person thinks the South is. And that’s what the show is. It’s what someone who would never set foot in the South thinks the South is.” Oswalt stars as a feral man-child who inherits a town, called The Heart, She Holler, from his father. Adult Swim is airing all six episodes this week on consecutive nights
Tuesday, November 8th
Quints By Surprise, season premiere at 10pm on TLC
– TLC is king when it comes to reality series about parents with an absurd amount of kids, at least in this one the result wasn’t intentional. Casey and Ethan Jones had the perfect life: a great job, a dream home, and a beautiful six-year-old daughter. Then they decided one more baby would complete the package — but instead of one, they got five! Now the Joneses are learning the ropes of life with newborn quintuplets.
Wednesday, November 9th
The 45th Annual CMA Awards, awards show from 8pm to 11pm on ABC
– Country superstars Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood preside over the evening, returning as hosts for the fourth consecutive year. The 2011 CMA Awards promises spectacle, accolades and countless special moments. The line-up of nearly two dozen performers for the live Nashville show includes Keith Urban, Sugarland, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean and the Zac Brown Band, as well as the hosts. Paisley, Swift, Aldean and Shelton lead all nominees with five each. The CMAs will also feature the official CMA debut of Scotty McCreery, the reigning American Idol.
Thursday, November 10th
Braxton Family Values, season premiere at 9pm on WEtv
– The reality series starring Toni Braxton et al her relatives returns for its second season. The show features the rambunctious, tight-knit Braxton sisters — Grammy© Award-winning artist Toni Braxton, Traci, Towanda, Trina and Tamar — and their headstrong mother, Evelyn, and offers an inside look at their lives and the drama of family chaos. They battle it out for the spotlight with sibling rivalry, man drama, bankruptcy, a DUI, an absent dad much more. Through the laughter, tears, screaming and door-slamming, this family still has each other’s back. This season, the Braxtons are back with their brand of sisterly love to prove that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Saturday, November 12th
Britney Spears Live: Femme Fatale Tour, special concert event at 8pm on Epix
– Sexy. Slammin’. Outrageous. Hurl all the adjectives you want, but one word says it all: Britney. (Ms. Spears if you’re nasty.) The Grammy-winning pop diva storms the stage with a fierce mix of fan-favorite hits and hot new tracks from her latest album, Femme Fatale, in this concert special taped before a sold-out crowd in Toronto. Whether you’re in the market for bodacious dance moves, killer costume changes or that make-you-melt Louisiana drawl, Britney’s bringing ‘em all – bigger and better than ever.