Sunday, September 4th
Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis, season premiere from 9 to 10:30pm on PBS
– Kevin Whately returns as Inspector Lewis in the fourth short season of the popular detective series. Inspector Lewis is teamed with his cool, cerebral partner Detective Sergeant Hathaway (Laurence Fox). Lewis, the former working-class foil to the erudite Detective Inspector Morse, tackles murder and mayhem with the help of Hathaway. This season, Lewis and Hathaway tackle four cases in the seemingly perfect academic haven of Oxford: Old, Unhappy, Far Off Things (Sept. 4), Wild Justice (Sept. 18), The Mind Has Mountains (Sept. 25) and The Gift of Promise (Oct. 9).
Monday, September 5th
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– The 90210-themed spinoff of the popular franchise returns for a second season of glitz, glamour, and high drama. All six original over-the-top housewives are back including: Taylor Armstrong, Camille Grammer, Adrienne Maloof, Kim Richards, Kyle Richards, and Lisa Vanderpump. Though not official “housewives,” this season the ladies are joined by two new friends: Brandi Glanville and Dana Wilkey, who certainly know how to spice things up in the world’s most famous zip code. The series offers a glimpse inside the world of luxurious wealth and pampered privilege, but as we learned last season—in Beverly Hills, luxury has its price. The show is now plagued by the death of star Taylor Armstrong’s husband, Russell, who committed suicide on Monday, August 15, 2011. Taylor and her husband Russell have always put business before pleasure, but it’s had a major impact on their relationship. As Taylor struggles with a loveless marriage, she acts out against the other women and falls on the shoulder of her friend Dana for support.
Tuesday, September 6th
– The reality series about acclaimed stylist and designer Rachel Zoe returns, taking fashion and styling to a whole new level. This season captures the incredible star power behind Zoe’s business, which is expanding to include her own exclusive clothing line. As her business continues to grow, so does Zoe’s family. In the fourth installment of this captivating series, Zoe goes bananas as she juggles and manages her new team, clothing line and celeb clients all while preparing for motherhood
Sons of Anarchy, season premiere at 10pm on FX
– The critically acclaimed adrenalized drama with darkly comedic undertones returns for its fourth season. The hit series explores a notorious outlaw motorcycle club’s (MC) desire to protect its livelihood while ensuring that their simple, sheltered town of Charming, California remains exactly that, Charming. The MC must confront threats from drug dealers, corporate developers, and overzealous law officers. Behind the MC’s familial lifestyle and legally thriving automotive shop is a ruthless and illegally thriving arms business. The seduction of money, power, and blood. Jackson ‘Jax’ Teller (Charlie Hunnam) is the MC’s vice-president who is tested by his growing apprehension for its lawlessness, Gemma Teller Morrow (Katey Sagal) is Jax’s force-of-nature mother, and Clarence ‘Clay’ Morrow (Ron Perlman) is Jax’s stepfather and MC president. The triangle of Mother, Son, and Stepfather will ultimately reveal the dark secrets in this family’s past and the lengths they will go to protect their sins. This season begins with SAMCRO fresh out of jail and back into Charming. Upon their arrival, they encounter new law enforcement and head right back to business. The club is pressed with a decision that could challenge what SOA has always stood for and brings forth an unlikely alliance. Jax, fresh out of jail and dealing with the birth of his newborn son, is forced to put new plans into motion that could affect the club and ultimately his family.
Wednesday, September 7th
Master Debaters With Jay Mohr, series premiere at 10:30pm on Fuel TV
– As a former speech and debate nerd in high school, I would be lying if I said our team didn’t consider putting “Master Debaters” on our club’s shirts. That of course would have been inappropriate for a group of high school girls but fortunately it is perfectly acceptable for a bunch of pervy old dudes. Stand-up comedian and actor Jay Mohr will host his own debate show starring a panel of dudes, consisting of Mohr, former Major League Baseball player Eric Byrnes and veteran comedian Na’im Lynn. This is a wheels off, 100 mph countdown show where topics are for dudes, debated by dudes, and cover every random debate guys want to hear. It’s raw, fast-paced, and constantly moving to the next topic. This is the stuff you talk to your friends about. Want to know where Tori Spelling falls on the list of butterfaces? Is Charlie Sheen the most out of control celebrity ever? Is Mardi Gras the world’s wildest party? What are the world’s craziest sporting events? This is the show with all the answers! The show will also feature guest stars like Ron Artest, Michael Rapaport, Mark McGrath, Jason Ellis, Bryan Callen, Kevin Frazier, Jeremy Roenick and Ralphie May.
Saturday, September 10th
Fix This Kitchen, season premiere at 9:30pm on A&E
– All across America, there are household cooks who are frustrated by their kitchens. Stymied by insufficient counter space, unreliable appliances, poor layouts and other obstacles, these gourmet amateurs dream of new kitchens where they can unleash their culinary magic. Who better to help them out than a world-renowned chef? Each week celebrity chef Eric Greenspan and host Nicole Facciuto surprise frustrated household cooks and transform their outdated and inadequate kitchens into eye-catching, functional spaces worthy of a gourmet chef. Nicole Facciuto, owner and principal of her design firm Nicole Facciuto Design which specializes in environmentally sustainable interiors, brings her spirited on-camera presence to Fix This Kitchen. While “Most Buzzworthy Chef in America,” Eric Greenspan contributes his quirky, off-the-beaten-track personality to the show.
– In each episode of this new reality series, former The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Dina Manzo creates amazing, unforgettable events for her clients at their homes. Dina and the staff at her company, Designer Affair, work with her homeowners, transforming their space into something beautiful and unique to celebrate an important moment in their lives. Whether an incredible anniversary celebration, an over-the-top wedding or a festive graduation party, Dina’s parties are memorable ones!