Sunday, August 28th
I Just Want My Pants Back, sneak peek at 11pm on MTV
– From acclaimed director and executive producer Doug Liman (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Swingers, Bourne Identity) and based upon David J. Rosen’s critically acclaimed novel of the same name, this new series follows a group of immature hippy Brooklynites as they navigate the minefield of their post-collegiate years. Struggling with sex, love, career and friendship as a young twentysomething living in Brooklyn, Jason Strider is the ultimate slacker who puts hanging with his friends, going to bars and hooking up above his entry level job where he’s the lowest rung at a casting agency. It’s not until a one-night stand steals his heart and his pants, that he begins a quest to get his beloved jeans back, and hopefully the girl, while also growing up along the way.
Monday, August 29th
Basketball Wives LA, series premiere at 8pm on VH1
– Elbow throwing, trash talking and in-your-face action: forget the NBA, we’re talking about their wives! VH1’s Basketball Wives franchise just tapped a new team of leading ladies to take Los Angeles by storm. Basketball Wives LA introduces a group of dynamic women with relationships to some of the biggest basketball players in the game. In the series premiere, a fresh group of West Coast basketball wives, girlfriends, fiancées and exes deal with life in SoCal’s hottest hub for gossip and game. Also, the addition of controversial model/actress Draya to the social mix makes waves and an unexpected blowout between Laura and Malaysia turns ugly.
Ridiculousness, series premiere at 10pm on MTV
– This new series about viral web videos is essentially a wannabe Tosh.O with a cool name and a lame everything else. Hosted by Rob Dyrdek, Ridiculousness takes the funniest amateur internet videos and builds them into an episode of edgy, funny, and most importantly, timeless television. Driven by Dyrdek, the core content of “Ridiculousness” are the videos framed by Rob’s unique style, pacing, and infectious energy. Rob breaks down the hottest clips, laughing along with co-hosts Sterling “Steelo” Brim and Chanel West Coast (Fantasy Factory’s rapping receptionist). Celebrity guests such as Jackass’s Johnny Knoxville make an appearance.
Death Valley, series premiere at 10:30pm on MTV
– A year ago, vampires, werewolves and zombies mysteriously descended upon the streets of California’s San Fernando Valley. This new dark comedy mockumentary follows the cops that capture the monsters, and the camera crew that captures the cops. Follow the horrific yet comedic exploits of the newly formed Undead Task Force (UTF), a division of the LAPD created to combat the emergence of monsters in the San Fernando Valley aka Death Valley, the toughest beat in the US. Balancing dark humor with horror, the show is built upon cold-blooded conflict and character driven comedy, following the cops bent on keeping the streets safe from the presence of the paranormal. Documenting each case of zombie, vampire and werewolf encounter is the daring camera crew that is embedded within the task force, quickly revealing that the monster problem goes much deeper than anyone could have possibly imagined. The zombies are disgusting, menacing and brutal, the vampires are dangerous, smart and powerful and the werewolves are beastly and insane. From “blood-for-sex” prostitution busts to undead traffic jams, every call from dispatch will take you to a place you’ve never been: right to the bleeding heart of Death Valley.
Tuesday, August 30th
Fuse Presents: Red Hot Chili Peppers Live From the Roxy, special concert from 9 to 10:30pm on Fuse
– The private fan-filled concert will feature the Grammy-winning Chili Peppers playing their greatest hits, along with songs from their latest album, from the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles (taped August 22nd). In celebration of the release of their new album, I’m With You, scheduled to hit stores the same day, August 30th, on Warner Bros. Records, Fuse is also giving fans 24 hours of Red Hot Chili Peppers programming.
Quirky, series premiere at 10pm on Sundance
– Welcome to Quirky, the unique technology company that has re-engineered the business of innovation. They’re fast-tracking the product development cycle to new extremes. Each episode, the Quirky team of design and fabrication geniuses select two product ideas submitted by their online community that seek to solve everyday problems. As the clock counts down, the hopeful inventors are guided through the high-stakes world of innovation from simple sketch to working prototype. Then Quirky shares the profits with all the contributors, including a global group of connected collaborators. Ben Kaufman, Quirky’s 24-year-old founder, began his entrepreneurial career at the ripe age of 17, and is giving the public the chance to have success through innovation with his business—think “Facebook for inventions.”
Big Sexy, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– The image-conscious industries of fashion and modeling are difficult to penetrate. With trends and looks that dominate the urban scenes, Americans have grown accustomed to perceptions of what is hip and forthcoming. New Yorkers Leslie, Tiffany, Audrey, Nikki and Heather hope to expand and revise this commonly-accepted idea of what is beautiful and sexy – giving viewers a candid look into their lives as confident plus-size women who are shooting for the stars with their careers. From designing clothing to booking modeling gigs, cameras will follow the ladies as they take over Manhattan to make plus-size sexiness more mainstream. Weight bias is notoriously rampant in their chosen industries, and it is their mission to prove that a bigger girl – the girl that most Americans can relate to — can break the mold and change the fashion and cultural norms that have restricted and rejected them for so long.
Man, Woman, Wild, season premiere at 9pm on Discovery
– Mykel Hawke is a former Special Forces survival expert. His wife Ruth is a TV journalist. Together, they take on some of the most forbidding and remote locations around the world. Dropped into each spot they must survive as a team for four days and nights, with only a knife and the clothes on their backs. As they test their will and their marriage, the two find common ground standing up to nature as husband and wife in the wildest places on Earth.