PastPort: Venezuela, series premiere at 10pm on nuvoTV (currently known as SItv)
– This new reality series takes actor Wilmer Valderrama on an adventure back to his native land, where all his big dreams and aspirations were born. It’s been 16 years since the actor left Venezuela and the journey back home reveals more than he ever expected.
Tuesday, July 5th
Teen Mom, season premiere at 10pm on MTV
– In 16 and Pregnant, they were moms-to-be. Now, follow Farrah, Maci, Amber, and Catelynn as they face the challenges of motherhood. Each episode interweaves these stories revealing the wide variety of challenges young mothers can face: marriage, relationships, family support, adoption, finances, graduating high school, starting college, getting a job, and the daunting and exciting step of moving out to create their own families.
Flipping Out, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– The fifth season of Bravo’s hit docu-series returns with everyone’s favorite obsessive-compulsive house-flipper turned interior designer, Jeff Lewis. Flipping Out follows Jeff Lewis and his loyal staff at Jeff Lewis Designs. Jeff spent most of last year getting the business up and running, and this season he is faced with more work than he could have ever dreamed. His design for the House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year has put him on the national map and almost completely transformed his core business from house flipping to high-end design and consultation. With clients all over the country, the stress level is at an all time high. But in true Jeff Lewis style, he balances an all-new group of quirky clients while still indulging in outrageous tangents –- including planning a truly over-the-top birthday present for Zoila (a facelift!) and organizing a wild bachelorette-party weekend in Vegas for his assistant Sarah.
I Shouldn’t Be Alive, season premiere at 10pm on Animal Planet
– Pushing the limits of human endurance, survivors of death defying experiences relive their ordeals and the moment of truth that kept them alive in this docu-series. The show focuses on how the survivors survived and the decisions they made that kept them alive. I Shouldn’t Be Alive examines our most basic instincts while revealing amazing intricacies and profound depths of the human condition.
Restaurant Impossible, season premiere at 10pm on Food Network
– After combating countless “impossible dinners,” Chef Robert Irvine faces a daunting new challenge: save America’s most desperate restaurants from impending failure in just two days with only $10,000. Robert uses creativity and resourcefulness along with a lot of muscle in his fight to rescue these restaurants and give hope to the owners and their employees. Day one of the extreme mission begins with a thorough business assessment as Robert launches the restaurant into full service, closely observes the staff and kitchen, and determines their weakest spots. Then, he springs into action by updating the menu, retraining the staff and implementing aesthetic changes with the help of his design team. To ensure a packed house for the grand re-opening at the end of day two, Robert hits the streets to tell the community about the improved restaurant. Will the ruthless schedule, tight budget and ambitious task overcome Robert’s lofty goals, or will this tall order result in restaurant triumph?
Thursday, July 7th
Big Brother, season premiere at 9pm on CBS
– The international hit reality television show is back for its 13th US season. The show is based on a group of strangers, known as HouseGuests, living together twenty-four hours a day in the “Big Brother” house, isolated from the outside world but under constant surveillance with no privacy for three months. The HouseGuests compete for the chance to win a $500,000 grand prize by avoiding weekly eviction. The 8 HouseGuests this season, including a model and a music industry manager, will be joined by returning duos from seasons past. Will some of your past favorites be back?
Friday, July 8th
Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– The hit Say Yes franchise expands to ladies-in-waiting and, as usual, incorporates approximately 26 minutes of Saying No. With a behind-the-scenes look at the bridesmaids salon at Atlanta’s Bridals by Lori, this new spin-off gives viewers a sneak peek into the drama of finding a gown that meets the expectations of a diverse group of demanding (and sometimes difficult) bridesmaids. With the help of a new group of outspoken consultants, these wedding day divas must come to an agreement on a look that pleases the entire party. Unfortunately, the style disagreements and hefty price tags are enough to cause the bride’s fantasy wedding to turn into her worst nightmare.
Torchwood: Miracle Day, series premiere at 10pm on Starz
– One day, nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep aging — they get hurt and sick — but they never die. The result: a population boom, overnight. With all the extra people, resources are finite. It’s said that in four month’s time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can’t be a natural event – someone’s got to be behind it. It’s a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking “What is Torchwood?” he’s drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.