Sunday, June 12th
The Glee Project, 2-hour series premiere at 8pm on Oxygen
– From the producers of Glee, Oxygen presents a spin-off reality competition series to cast a young fresh face in a seven-episode guest star role on the hit musical comedy series. The series uncovers a unique group of artists from both professional and amateur backgrounds, proving every underdog has a fighting chance at stardom. From the many hopefuls, Glee casting director Robert Ulrich narrowed it down to twelve contestants competing for the coveted role on the groundbreaking career launching series. Before the premiere episode at 9pm, tune in for the one-hour casting special at 8pm, which begins with a close up look into the Glee phenomenon and in turn explores how The Glee Project was born. In the premiere episode, “Individuality,” the chosen 12 contenders go straight to work on their first “homework assignment,” in which they have the chance to show the judges who they are by showcasing their individual personalities. The winner of that assignment is awarded some coveted one-on-one time with a guest mentor – this week, it’s Darren Criss (Glee’s Blaine). With the help of the mentors: casting director Ulrich, choreographer Zach Woodlee and vocal producer Nikki Anders, the contenders prepare for the main challenge – performing Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Tension builds as the mentors determine the bottom three contenders and challenge them to a final performance in front of series creator Ryan Murphy, who determines the ultimate call backs.
Bridezillas, season premiere at 9pm on WE tv
– WE tv’s hit reality series returns with all new episodes as cameras follow the lives of engaged women who turn into bridezillas in preparation for the big day. This season features more meltdowns, confrontations and shocking revelations — and it will be absolutely unforgettable! Tune in to watch what can happen to a woman somewhere between “will you marry me” and “I do.”
Amsale Girls, series premiere at 10pm on WE tv
– From her gowns to her girls, couture bridal and eveningwear designer Amsale Aberra is all about perfection. Brides spend up to $75,000 for an Amsale gown, and the women who work in Amsale’s Madison Avenue salon are just as extraordinary as the dresses themselves. Every day, they deal with the non-stop pressure of pleasing some of the most discriminating Manhattan brides. Outside of work, these 30-something women are best friends, who support each other through good times and bad. But it’s all in a day’s work when you’re an Amsale Girl.
The Protector, series premiere at 10pm on Lifetime
– Lifetime’s new original drama series centers on divorced mother Gloria Sheppard (Ally Walker), who juggles her demanding personal and professional life as an intuitive LAPD homicide detective while raising two boys, Leo (Thomas Robinson) and Nick (Sage Ryan), with the live-in help of her troubled younger brother Davey (Chris Payne Gilbert).
Keeping Up With the Kardashians, season premiere at 10pm on E!
– A tempest of siblings, business and fame engulf Olympic decathlete Bruce Jenner and paparazzi fave Kim Kardashian as their huge Hollywood families collide in this hit reality show. E!’s megahit series returns for an all new season and this time around, the Kardashians are keeping it all in the family.
Ice Loves Coco, series premiere at 10:30pm on E!
– She’s hot as a pistol. He’s the epitome of cool. Are you ready to take the temp of Hollywood’s most smokin’ couple? This new reality series follows rapper turned film and TV actor turned author turned reality star Ice-T and his Glamour and fitness model, actress, dancer and fashion designer wife Coco. Also starring alongside these two larger than life characters is their bulldog Spartacus, who is their pride and joy. And with a full name “Spartacus The Supermodel,” is it any wonder he nearly steals every scene he’s in, without even trying?
Tuesday, June 14th
The Nine Lives of Chloe King, series premiere at 9pm on ABC Family
– In this one-hour scripted drama based on the book series by the same title, Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) is looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends and single mother, just like every other year…that is until she starts developing heightened abilities and discovers she’s being pursued by a mysterious figure. Chloe soon learns she’s part of an ancient race, which has been hunted by human assassins for millennia —and that she may be their only hope for ultimate survival.
Memphis Beat, season premiere at 9pm on TNT
– TNT’s drama series with a musical twist returns for a second season of crime and soulful tunes. The series centers on Dwight Hendricks (Jason Lee), a quirky Memphis police detective with an intimate connection to the city, a passion for blues music and a close relationship with his mother. He is “the keeper of Memphis,” a Southern gentleman who is protective of his fellow citizens, reverential of the city’s history and deeply rooted in its blues music scene. Despite his impeccable instincts as a detective, Dwight’s loose, relaxed style of police work rubs his demanding new boss, Lt. Tanya Rice (Alfre Woodard), the wrong way. But Dwight may eventually win her over to a Memphis state of mind, especially when he takes the stage at his favorite hangout to perform a legendary song or two.
Pretty Little Liars, season premiere at 10pm on ABC Family
– In the little town of Rosewood, four estranged friends are hiding dark secrets that, if exposed, could ruin their almost-perfect lives. One year ago, Alison, the Queen Bee of their group, disappeared and the girls swore they’d never tell what really happened that night. They thought their secrets would bond them together, but just the opposite is true. Now, as the mystery surrounding Alison’s disappearance resurfaces, the girls begin getting messages from “A,” saying – and threatening – things only Alison would know. But it couldn’t be Alison. Could it? Whoever it is, they seem to know all the girls’ secrets, and seem to be watching their every move. In the summer finale, a new piece of evidence led the police to officially announce that Toby Cavanaugh is wanted for the murder of Alison DiLaurentis, though Emily, Spencer, Aria and Hanna have their doubts they’ve nabbed the right suspect. When Hanna is abruptly dumped from the guest list of Mona’s birthday party, the rest of the girls plan to attend to scope out the scene and see if “A” is also in attendance. Later, Hanna sneaks into the party and finally spots the elusive “A” leaving behind a clue, but shortly thereafter “A” retaliates by running her over with a car.
HawthoRNe, season premiere at 10pm on TNT
– The doors of Richmond Trinity have closed…permanently. That’s the dramatic reality that opens the second season of TNT’s powerful medical drama. The series returns with star and executive producer Jada Pinkett Smith as Christina Hawthorne, a Chief Nursing Officer ready for battle on the front lines of a war against declining patient services and hospital budget cuts. As the second season opens, several Richmond Trinity doctors and nurses have been transferred to James River, a failing hospital in terrible shape. There, Christina butts heads with the ER’s head nurse, Gail Strummer (Vanessa Bell Calloway – The District), who is extremely set in her ways. Christina is impressed, however, by the charming Dr. Steve Shaw (Adam Rayner – Mistresses), who hails from England, and the hard-working ER clerk Marcus Leeds (Collins Curtis Pennie – Half Nelson), who has his eye on Camille. This season, Christina and Tom will try to forge a romantic relationship, especially now that he is no longer serving as Chief of Surgery and can devote more time to patient care and a private life.
Gene Simmons’ Family Jewels, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– Legendary rock god Gene Simmons and his unconventional family are back and better than ever for season 6 of the hit A&E unscripted series. Dad is Gene Simmons – the legendary, tongue wagging demon of KISS. Mom is Shannon Tweed – former Playmate of the Year, actress and model. And their kids Nick and Sophie are dealing with the trials and tribulations of adolescence, even though Mom and Dad are truly like no one else’s parents. Gene and Shannon have been happily UNmarried for over 20 years and have no plans of getting married any time soon. Gene is a multi-millionaire rock star and a multi-media magnate. He is a renowned ladies man – but also the kind of dad who brings Gatorade to his daughter’s soccer games and stands in the front row when his son’s rock band plays gigs. Each episode of the reality series reveals another layer of Gene’s private self, a side that he has kept hidden until now, and shows how the most non-traditional, traditional family in America manages to make it all work under the strangest of circumstances. Funny, loving, often at odds, this is a real life extraordinary family – but one that we can all identify with.
Wednesday, June 15th
Hot in Cleveland, season premiere at 10pm on TV Land
– TV Land’s first scripted series broke records to quickly become the network highest rated show and it even earned an Emmy nomination. The comedy series revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed to Paris for a girls-only celebration – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new ‘promised land’. Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker (Betty White) of the property they have rented.
Toddlers and Tiaras, season premiere at 10pm on TLC
– TLC’s reality series giving an inside look at the world of little children competing in beauty pageants became instant watercooler fodder as viewers were both outraged and intrigued. On any given weekend, on stages across the country, little girls and boys parade around wearing makeup, false eyelashes, spray tans and fake hair to be judged on their beauty, personality and costumes. Toddlers and Tiaras follows families on their quest for sparkly crowns, big titles, and lots of cash. The preparation is intense as it gets down to the final week before the pageant. From hair and nail appointments, to finishing touches on gowns and suits, to numerous coaching sessions or rehearsals, each child preps for their performance. But once at the pageant, it’s all up to the judges and drama ensues when every parent wants to prove that their child is beautiful.
Happily Divorced, series premiere at 10:30pm on TV Land
– Welcome The Nanny’s Fran Drescher back to your TV screen in a different role on a new comedy series she co-wrote with The Nanny’s Peter Marc Jacobson. Same nasal voice, different character. This new show follows Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. Fran juggles her new relationships, while still living under the same roof with her ex-husband. The cast is rounded out by Fran’s best friend Judi (Tichina Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Rita Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez).
Rocco’s Dinner Party, series premiere at 11pm on Bravo
– Join celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito at the table for a taste of his exclusive New York City parties on Bravo’s newest cooking competition series. This self-contained competition series gives three highly skilled chefs a shot at crafting the perfect evening for DiSpirito and his handpicked celebrity guests. The competing chefs hail from all walks of lives – from restaurateurs to caterers to self-taught foodies – and the winner of each episode will take home a prize of $20,000. Each week, three new chefs have one shot at impressing DiSpirito by cooking their signature dish. The two strongest will advance to the next round, where they are challenged to develop a full menu in competing dinner parties’ for DiSpirito’s high-profile guests. Allowed one consultation with Jes Gordon, celebrity event producer, the chef’s must also design a unique party concept, as décor and ambiance will be judged alongside their food. Each episode will have a theme for which the chef’s must base their meal and dining experience around. Which party will be a scrumptious soiree and which a flavorless fiasco? DiSpirito will decide.
Saturday, June 18th
Celebrity Ghost Stories, season premiere at 9pm on BIO
– Compelling, surprising and downright spooky, celebrities share their real-life personal encounters with the paranormal in this one-hour special. From encounters with ghosts and angry spirits to haunted homes, unexplainable spells and magic, these descriptive, first person narratives from our favorite stars delivers a brand new way of experiencing the thrills and chills of the addictive world of the paranormal.