Sunday, June 5th
20th Annual MTV Movie Awards, awards show from 9 to 11pm on MTV
– MTV has tapped SNL “A-Hole” Jason Sudeikis to take the reigns as host. You’ve seen him everywhere from guest stints on “30 Rock” to the silver screen on “Hall Pass” seriously, the guy’s popping up all over the comedy scene. Jason will keep you laughing with his own brand of jokes in between all the awards. Maybe he’s even picked up a few tips from his “The Rocker” co-star and last year’s Movie Awards host Aziz Ansari. Or maybe he’ll even take a cue from his SNL co-star and 2009 host Andy Samberg and showcase hilarious digital shorts at this year’s awards. The mega-talented Reese Witherspoon will be honored with the MTV Generation Award! She’s starred in blockbuster hit movies including, “Legally Blonde” & “Water For Elephants,” has won numerous awards (including the Golden Popcorn for Best Comedic Performance at the 2002 MTV Movie Awards), and is now receiving this year’s top honor. Foo Fighters, Lupe Fiasco, and Trey Songz are set to provide the musical entertainment for the evening.
Finding Bigfoot, series premiere at 9pm on Animal Planet
– For hundreds of years, Americans in nearly every state have claimed they’ve spotted the mysterious and unexplainable creature known as Bigfoot, or Sasquatch. However, no one has proven that this pedaled creature – reportedly standing more than seven-feet tall and covered from head to toe in dark hair – actually exists. And as the myth grows, so does the passion for validating its existence once and for all! In each hour-long episode of the six-part series, cameras follow a team of Bigfoot researchers in a cross-country expedition to dissolve the myth and locate the elusive beast. From small towns in the South to remote areas of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, four eccentric but passionate members of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO) embark on one single-minded mission: to find the “creature” known as Bigfoot or the Sasquatch. The BFRO Team is comprised of a commercial fisherman (Bobo), a professional educator (Cliff), the BFRO president (Matt) and a skeptical scientist (Ranae); each teammate has varying experiences with Bigfoot and differing beliefs about the existence of this enigma. What binds them together, however, is their longing to understand the creature, passion for proving its existence and willingness to stop at nothing to finally track down Bigfoot. In the end, will they verify the presence of Bigfoot and convert skeptics, or will this obscure American legend elude them too?
Ice Road Truckers, season premiere at 9pm on History Channel
– The Ice Road Truckers are back in action, and the roads are more dangerous than ever. Lisa’s first run of the season goes south in a hurry. Two rookie drivers raise the stakes in the “Dash for the Cash.” And old pros Hugh and Alex, along with wildcard Rick Yemm, leave Alaska behind to take on some of the most remote and deadliest roads on the planet.
The Real L Word, season premiere at 10pm on Showtime
– As suggested by the self-explanatory title, the reality series about being young, gay and out in L.A., is back for a hotter-than-ever second season. Wild child Whitney is joined by an all-new cast of girlfriends, and they’re ready to stir up some heartbreaking, girl taking and troublemaking while trying to find success in the city of angels. Whether it’s love or lust, make-ups or break ups, it’s a non-stop ride of addictive fun. Last season’s Whitney/Romi/Sara shocker picks up several months later, with Romi and Whitney still friends, and Sara currently on the outs with Whitney. But Romi and Sara are still friends too, and planning to start a business together… Meanwhile, Claire is leaving one hot Asian chick for another, Sajdah is looking for love, and Cori and Kacy are looking for sperm. The Real L Word lets you be a fly on the wall to a group of successful, attractive Los Angeles lesbians as their lives unfold in a way only premium television can offer — uncut and uncensored.
The Glades, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– The crime procedural/drama series returns for a second season of strange murder cases in the Florida Everglades. Matt Passmore stars as Jim Longworth, an attractive and brilliant Chicago homicide detective with a reputation for being difficult. When his captain wrongfully accuses him of sleeping with his wife and shoots him, he is exiled and forced to relocate. He lands in the sleepy, middle-of-nowhere town of Palm Glade, outside of the Florida Everglades, where sunshine and golf are plentiful and crime is seemingly at a minimum. But Longworth soon finds out this town isn’t quite as idyllic as he originally thought, when murders keep piling up. Each case pulls Longworth off the golf course and reluctantly into his element as one of the sharpest homicide detectives to wear a badge.
Teen Wolf, series premiere at 11pm on MTV
– MTV continues to develop its original scripted series lineup with this reboot of the 1985 Michael J Fox movie. Scott was just a regular guy until one bite changed his life forever. Now he struggles to understand who he is and what he might become. Is he more wolf than human – or is it the other way around? Whichever it is, it’s not going to be easy. Scott will try to control his urges, but mostly he’s scared that it’s his urges that could end up controlling him. This supernatural drama series is the story of Scott as he tries to walk the line between what he wants and what he can’t help from wanting. Is the bite that changed his life a gift or a curse? And what will it all mean for his relationship with Allison – the girl he can’t get enough of? Only time will tell if he should embrace his newfound powers, or if he should fear them.
Monday, June 6
Masterchef, season premiere at 8pm on FOX
– Famed chef Gordon Ramsay is back for Round Two of his culinary smash hit and last summer’s highest-rated new series. Masterchef is a cooking competition to find the country’s best amateur chef. After conducting a nationwide search, 100 of the best amateur cooks in America, including a police officer, an oil rig engineer, an interior designer, a forklift operator, a professional poker player, a classical pianist and a tattoo shop owner, were flown to Los Angeles in the hopes of becoming the next Masterchef and walking away with the life-changing grand prize. The judges are looking for presentation, flavor, originality and creativity, but most importantly – to have a chance – every contender must possess an immense passion for food.
Baggage, season premiere at 7:30pm on GSN
– Everyone brings baggage into a relationship—but only on this dating game show do three contestants and one “dater” bring it all to the very first date, literally! Host Jerry Springer is back for season 2 of this reality dating show. On each half-hour episode, Springer guides the fun as one dater chooses among three contestants who reveal the intimate secrets and hidden flaw that are typically kept under wraps to impress a first date. Each contestant enters with three suitcases containing the quirky, annoying, and sometimes truly shocking “baggage” that may or may not eliminate the contestants from the competition.
HGTV’d, series premiere at 9pm on HGTV
– For anyone who has ever wished that HGTV would come to their home, that dream is about to come true in HGTV’d. In each episode, one of our HGTV stars will arrive at the home of a viewer, surprising them with jaw-dropping makeovers and over-the-top transformations. Pop culture expert and entertainment personality Tanika Ray does double duty as host of this new series as well as HGTV Design Star.
Switched at Birth, series premiere at 9pm on ABC Family
– As indicated by the self-explanatory title, this new scripted drama series tells the story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish (Vanessa Marano) grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez (Katie Leclerc), who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.
Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal, series premiere at 9pm on OWN
– This new docu-series from Oprah’s network features couples that have suffered and survived infidelity in their marriages. In each episode, two couples share their deeply personal stories of heartbreak, while a therapist provides inside perspective on how each couple began the healing process. Intensely revealing, this series illustrates how couples can come to terms with infidelity and share their stories of betrayal.
The Dr. Laura Berman Show, series premiere at 10pm on OWN
– Viewers have watched Dr. Laura Berman help couples on her popular sex therapy series In the Bedroom on OWN, and now the network is bringing Dr. Berman’s award-winning XM show on Oprah Radio to television. The Dr. Laura Berman Show is a one-hour series that features lively, no-holds-barred discussions between Dr. Berman and her audience about everything from sex and intimacy to family and relationships. With questions ranging from embarrassing sex blunders to how to incorporate toys in the bedroom, there’s no topic too outrageous, and viewers will be entertained and informed as Dr. Berman talks with callers from around the country. As a wife, mother, author, sex educator and therapist for the last 20 years, Dr. Berman’s advice is always grounded in real-world experience. She has helped countless couples, individuals and families to improve their relationships and quality of life.
Tuesday, June 7
White Collar, season premiere at 9pm on USA
– Season 3 will pick up just 24 hours after Neal’s surprise discovery in last season’s cliffhanger that closed a chapter in Neal’s life only to open another more complicated one. In the season 2 finale, the team finally tracked down Neal’s long-lost mentor and con artist extraordinaire Vincent Adler. They also found the very surprising object of Adler’s worldwide hunt — a German submarine from World War II full of priceless art and jewels. Adler forced Peter, Neal, and Alex to break into the U-boat so he can retrieve the treasure, only to then dump them on a drydock tied to cinder blocks for them to drown. The team escaped and went after Adler and the treasure. Neal found the right warehouse was Adler was hiding out and confronted him about Kate’s death. Adler admitted the explosives on the plane were Kate’s idea, she was planning to escape with Neal when Peter showed up and ruined the plan, so he had to set off the explosives. As Peter’s team found the warehouse where Adler stored the treasure of the century, it exploded. Peter immediately accused Neal of coordinating the explosion to steal the artworks, which Neal adamantly denied. Just as Neal closed the door to his past, Kate and all, his future became a lot more complicated when he discovered an anonymous “friend” had pillaged the U-boat and left the billions of dollars worth of goods in a warehouse especially for Neal. This season, Peter and Neal’s partnership suffers from trust issues this season as Peter is convinced that Neal stole the art. But this season is all about choices for Neal, choices that expand far beyond the show’s typical sub-plotline of whether or not he’ll return to a life of crime. Now that Neal finally has closure about who murdered Kate, will he settle down with insurance investigator Sara Ellis (Hilarie Burton)? The news that Burton was promoted to series regular for this season suggests Neal and her character Sara may give a relationship a shot.
Covert Affairs, season premiere at 10pm on USA
– New jobs are tough—especially when your new employer is the CIA. Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) is fluent in six languages, has traveled the world and is besting her fellow CIA trainees in every test. But that doesn’t explain why she’s suddenly summoned by CIA headquarters to report for active duty as a field operative one month before her training is over. She doesn’t know there may be something—or someone—from her past that her CIA bosses are really after…such as her ex who we learned last season was a top CIA spy gone rogue. The CIA used Annie as bait to lure the elusive Ben Mercer from hiding, which apparently worked because in the season 1 finale Ben turned himself into the CIA to complete the mission he abandoned when he went rogue. Ben’s last mission was using a science teacher named Anton Sabine as human bait to get to Felix Artigas, an arms dealer. Now Ben has learned Artigas kidnapped the professor and took him to Sri Lanka where he’ll force him into developing chemical weapons. Ben needs CIA resources to go rescue Sabine and the CIA sent Annie to Sri Lanka as Ben’s handler. Season two starts where the first one left off, with Annie and Ben escaping danger together again. This time, they barely survive an ambush at a hospital in Guam. Ben continues to be a magnet for trouble.
Wednesday, June 8
2011 CMT Music Awards, awards show from 8 to 10:30pm on CMT
Locked Up Abroad, season premiere at 10pm on National Geographic
Friday, June 10
5th Annual Guys Choice Awards, awards show from 9 to 11pm on Spike