Sunday, February 20th
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business, season premiere at 8pm on CBS
– The 18th season of the reality giant is a special all-star edition (the series’ second) featuring 11 teams that suffered silly missteps in their first go-round the globe. Returning favorites include: last season’s father/daughter team Gary and Mallory Ervin; season 15’s Harlem Globetrotters Nathaniel “The Big Easy” Lofton and Herbert “Flight Time” Lang; season 14’s former NFL cheerleaders Cara Rosenthal and Jaime Edmondson; and engaged couple Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka among others.
Saturday Night Live Backstage, 2 hour special at 9pm on NBC
– NBC presents a new installment of the behind-the-scenes documentary series chronicling the highs and lows of the iconic comedy show. Cameras will give viewers a behind-the-scenes tour throughout the show’s long history highlighting previously untold stories of auditions, censorship, Weekend Update, and more. The special is both a fast-paced journey through the years and an insider’s view of how and why it continues to be the trendsetting show that it is. Backstage will also include musical guest performances and never before seen interviews with many of the show’s brightest stars, writers, and guest hosts, as well as some of the most memorable characters and sketches. The special will feature stories and interviews with creator and executive producer Lorne Michaels, and many of the stars of the show including: Alec Baldwin, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Jon Hamm, and more.
Tuesday, February 22nd
The Real Housewives of Miami, series premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– The newest series of the Housewives franchise adds a Cuban unique flavor as the reality series goes inside this cultural hot spot. The Real Housewives of Miami follows six of the most connected and influential women of Miami as they live their lives to the fullest in this sunny city where the party never stops. The cast includes Larsa Pippen, wife of NBA superstar Scottie Pippen, who shares the unofficial title of “Hottest NBA Wife” with her friend and fellow castmate Cristy Rice, recent ex-wife of NBA player Glen Rice. Joining them are the “Cuban Barbie” Alexia Echevarria, executive editor of Venue Magazine; Brazilian bombshell and art curator Adriana de Moura; PR maven Marysol Patton; Texas native, community leader, and fundraising pro Lea Black, the wife of top criminal defense attorney Roy Black.
Wednesday, February 23rd
America’s Next Top Model, season premiere at 8pm on the CW
– The CW’s hit series returns to the world of high fashion with its 16th season. Fourteen anorexic model hopefuls will compete for the ultimate career-launching prize package: a contract with IMG Models, one of the top international modeling management companies in the world; a fashion spread in Vogue Italia and an additional spread and cover of Beauty in Vogue; and a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics. Tyra Banks leads the panel of judges, comprised of influential fashion editor André Leon Talley and photographer Nigel Barker. Jay Manuel serves as the photo shoot creative director while Miss J Alexander returns as the runway trainer. Lending their expertise as guest judges during this high fashion cycle are international fashion designer Lana Marks, model/stylist Erin Wasson, stylist Rachel Zoe, Sudanese model and actress Alek Wek, fashion model Sonia Dara, IMG Models executive Ivan Bart, Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani, and Brazilian designer Daniella Issa Helayel among others.
Shedding for the Wedding, series premiere at 9pm on the CW
– They say two of the most stressful things in life are losing weight and getting married. Imagine having to go through both at the same time. In this new reality competition that is the challenge that nine overweight couples must face as they compete to see who can lose the most weight and win the wedding of their dreams. In the series hosted by actress Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect), the engaged couples from all walks of life come to Los Angeles, where they will live together and compete over a three-month period. The couples will undergo dramatic physical and emotional transformations as they change their lifestyles and eating habits under the supervision of celebrity nutritionist Ashley Koff (RD). They will also endure hours of grueling workouts with world-class trainers Nicky Holender and Jennifer Cohen. During this time, the couples will also be planning their fantasy weddings with the help of A-list wedding planner Brian Worley.
Ghost Hunters, season premiere at 9pm on SyFy
– The paranormal reality series that inspired three spinoffs returns for its seventh season. Contact between humans and spirits from the afterlife is not as far fetched as is it seems. As plumbers by day and ghost hunters by night, Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson and their team have worked to track down the presence of paranormals across the country. As leaders of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS), both Jason and Grant have made it their life’s mission to help anyone with questions pertaining to paranormal phenomena and ghost hunting. TAPS is a group of fairly ordinary people— office managers, factory workers, teachers and even psychic-hotline gurus— moonlighting to understand seemingly unexplainable disturbances.
Friday, February 25th
Hall of Game Awards, awards show at 7pm on Cartoon Network
– Cartoon Network’s first ever sports award show will honor athletes from across the world of sports. Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk will host the event, which features an all-star line-up of icons from the worlds of sports, television, film and music. From the red carpet, to the never-before-seen stunts and surprises on stage, the special will be an evening of humor and fun at the most raucous and biggest sports awards show ever presented on television.
Camelot, series premiere at 11:05pm on Starz
– Starz offers us this special sneak peek of its new historical-fantasy-drama series based on Arthurian legend premiering in April. In the wake of King Uther’s sudden death, chaos threatens to engulf Britain. When the sorcerer Merlin (Joseph Fiennes) has visions of a dark future, he installs the young and impetuous Arthur (Jamie Campbell Bower), Uther’s unknown son and heir, who has been raised from birth as a commoner. But Arthur’s cold and ambitious half sister Morgan will fight him to the bitter end, summoning unnatural forces to claim the crown in this epic battle for control. These are dark times indeed for the new king, with Guinevere being the only shining light in Arthur’s harsh world. Faced with profound moral decisions, and the challenge of uniting a kingdom broken by war and steeped in deception, Arthur will be tested beyond imagination.
Saturday, February 26th
Secrets From a Stylist, series premiere at 9pm on HGTV
– Emily Henderson owns a prop, lifestyle and tabletop design business and her design philosophy is that home design should reflect personal fashion. HGTV Design Star winner Emily Henderson uses a “style diagnostic” to help folks transform their homes. The show takes a tailor-made approach to styling a room as professional prop stylist Emily Henderson customizes a room layer by style layer to ultimately help the homeowners discover their individualized personal taste. Henderson is an in-demand photo-shoot stylist for top lifestyle and design publications and national retailers.
2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards, special awards show from 10pm to 12:15am on IFC
– Community star, The Soup host, and premiere hottie Joel McHale hosts this year’s indie movies awards show. The abtastic host admits “I have zero indie credentials” but he does have one redeeming quality “I grew up in Seattle, where independent film is very popular, so I got a contact high.” It’s a celebration of the spirited pioneers who bring a unique vision to filmmaking. Leading the indie pack are Winter’s Bone with seven nominations and The Kids Are All Right with five nods.