Glee, midseason premiere at 10:30pm (after the Super Bowl) on FOX
– The highly anticipated post-Super Bowl episode will feature the Glee club doing a mashup of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs “Heads Will Roll.” Also, the Cheerios will do a routine to Katy Perry’s “California Gurls” donning blue wigs and fireworks coming out of their chests, priceless.
The Chicago Code, series premiere at 9pm on FOX
– The new police drama from critically acclaimed creator Shawn Ryan (The Shield) follows the Windy City’s most powerful and respected cops as they navigate the city’s underbelly to fight crime and expose corruption within Chicago’s notorious political machine. Set and shot on location in Chicago, this fast-paced series centers on Jarek Wysocki (Jason Clarke), a local legend and a larger-than-life veteran of the Chicago Police Department, who wields considerable power thanks to his relationship with Teresa Colvin (Jennifer Beals), his ex-partner and the city’s first female superintendent, now in charge of a 10,000-member police force. While Teresa diplomatically governs amidst the complicated landscape of Chicago politics, Jarek works the streets on a crusade to clean up corruption and crime.
Tuesday, February 8th
Traffic Light, series premiere at 9:30pm on FOX
– This new comedy highlights how friendships and romances – though often difficult and sometimes messy but always worth the work – both enhance and complicate our lives. The series centers on three longtime friends and their attempts to navigate the demands of their relationships, which seems like an exact copy of the hit CBS series Rules of Engagement. Mike (David Denman), Adam (Nelson Franklin), and Ethan (Kris Marshall) have been friends since college, and the trio has seen each other through highs and lows. Now in their 30s, these men find themselves at very different stages in their lives. Mike is a married lawyer who wants nothing more than to be a good family man to his wife, Lisa (Liza Lapira), and his young son, but he’s also desperately trying to carve out a little space for himself. Adam recently moved in with his girlfriend, Callie (Aya Cash), and is learning how vastly different “she comes over a lot” and “she lives with me” really are, especially when his girlfriend is an adventurous, straight-talking firecracker. Ethan is the perpetual bachelor. He loves women, and when he’s in, he’s all in – at least for three weeks. Charming, genuine and hopelessly independent, Ethan is finding out that as he gets older, the pool of women who are willing to take things day by day is rapidly evaporating. Luckily, he has Carl, his beloved, long-suffering bulldog.
Wednesday, February 9th
Mr. Sunshine, series premiere at 9:30pm on ABC
– So the ABC Programming team thought it would be a good idea to put the already successful show from another Friends star (ahem Cougar Town) on hiatus to make room for the new Matthew Perry comedy in the coveted post-Modern Family time slot. I’m sorry ABC, but you are basically setting up Cougar Town for failure since the beginning of this year with its irregular schedule. Nobody knows when to tune in for a new episode, if it wasn’t for my Tivo Season Pass, I would be missing it altogether because I can’t keep up with the bizzare scheduling changes. But on to the new ABC comedy from the other Friends star… Matthew Perry stars as Ben Donovan, the self-involved general manager of the Sunshine Center, a sports arena, who every night navigates a never-ending series of bizarre requests, curious mishaps and employee screw ups to put on a show for 18,000 screaming people. Working alongside him is his boss and arena owner Crystal (Allison Janney, The West Wing), attractive, powerful and highly erratic; Alice (Andrea Anders, Better Off Ted) the cute, tomboyish marketing director and Ben’s friend with benefits; Alonzo, a former basketball player, handsome and unbelievably happy; Ben’s assistant, Heather, pretty, sweet, but terrifying because she once lit a boyfriend on fire; and Crystal’s son, Roman, sweet-faced, clueless and Ben’s newest employee.
Glamour Belles, series premiere at 10pm on Lifetime
– The new Lifetime reality show follows the customers and employees of Joann’s Gowns, a small town, yet nationally renowned, pageant gown shop in Union City, Tennessee. The series follows the humorous drama that surrounds Joann’s, where girls from throughout the country hope to purchase the perfect dress that will help lead them to the biggest pageant crown. Led by owner Paige Burcham Carlton, Joann’s experts help transform their stable of customers into modern day princesses with a healthy dose of Southern hospitality, hilarity and honesty that can only be found at the venerable store. Behind the rhinestones and ruffles, the unique cast of characters includes its flamboyant store manager Jared, brash assistant manager Nikki, naive salesgirl Brooke, melodramatic seamstress Stephanie and the store’s original owner Joann, Paige’s outspoken mother.
Justified, season premiere at 10pm on FX
– The critically acclaimed drama series follows U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant), a tough, sexy, southern-bred but soft-spoken federal lawman, as he enforces his own brand of at-times extralegal justice after his reassignment to Kentucky. Fresh off the epic gun battle that concluded season one, season two of Justified finds Bo Crowder dead, and the Crowder criminal grip on Harlan County broken. Deputy Raylan Givens must now face off against the criminal organizations that are moving to fill the void, and finds himself entangled once again with the mercurial Boyd Crowder (played by the brilliant Walton Goggins).
Friday, February 11th
2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Selection Show, special at 8pm on DirecTV
– For the first time ever, Sports Illustrated will identify all of the models chosen for the 2011 SI Swimsuit issue prior to the issue’s release. Hosted by Sports Illustrated senior writer and DIRECTV sportscaster Dan Patrick and former SI Swimsuit model Mallory Snyder, the special will feature the unveiling of the seventeen models. Christine Teigen, Hilary Rhoda and Damaris Lewis, as well as a 2011 rookie will provide viewers with highlights and behind-the-scenes access from the photo shoots.
Auction Packed, series premiere at 9pm on NatGeo
– Nat Geo follows the eclectic Savo family as they run their auction business in the small town of Olyphant, PA. John Savo, Sr., along with his sons Carlo and J.Bear, auction items entrusted to them by consignors, and take a commission from the proceeds. But after a run of successful sales, the Savos hit a dry spell, and have nothing to sell. The Savos scramble to secure material for their next auction, a not-always successful adventure that takes them everywhere from a rodent-infested condemned home to a large Victorian cottage in the Poconos Mountains. But will one woman’s trash pull its weight in treasure at the next auction?