Sunday, November 21st
– This year has marked the heightened popularity of awards shows after years of low ratings and the AMA’s are no exception after Lady Gaga’s watercooler talk-worthy performance of “Bad Romance/Speechless” at last year’s show. Rihanna, Ke$ha, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Usher, Pink, and Christina Aguilera are all signed up to perform at the voted-by-the-people awards show, which will also have New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys sharing the stage for the first time. It gets starrier still with the list of nominees, which includes the Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Carrie Underwood, and the can’t hit a note for shit much overhyped Taylor Swift.
Brew Masters, series premiere at 10pm on Discovery
– It’s cold, it’s comforting, it’s beer … but for Sam Calagione, founder of one of America’s leading craft brewers Dogfish Head Brewery, beer is a passion, a business and a personal quest for best, most imaginative brews. This new docu-series follows Sam and his partners in suds as they travel the country and the world sourcing exotic ingredients and discovering ancient techniques to produce beers of astounding originality. From chocolate to mussels to tomatoes, Sam is constantly pushing his team and himself to innovate and celebrate the amazing world of beer and beer making.
Monday, November 22nd
Skating with the Stars, series preview at 9:11pm on ABC after Dancing With the Stars
– You’ve seen what happens when celebrities take on the ballroom but now things are about to get even colder. See what happens when a new class hits the ice on blades of steel in ABC’s new reality competition series Skating with the Stars. Six celebrities will be paired with a world class ice skater as they prepare to compete in front of a live audience in a televised ice skating competition. It’s fast and it’s graceful, with the added danger from traveling across the unforgiving ice on blades of steel. The pairs will be critiqued by a panel of expert judges and will receive a set of scores based on artistry and technique and by viewers at home, with one couple being eliminated each week. Three huge names in skating and dance will make their debut as judges in this premiere season: Johnny Wier, Laurieann Gibson (Lady Gaga’s choreographer also featured on SYTCD), and Dick Button. Vernon Kay, host of ABC’s upcoming game show Million Dollar Mind Game, will host and Tanith Belbin, the most decorated U.S. Ice Dancer in history, will serve as color commentator. The star-pro pairings are as follows:
Bethenny Frankel & Ethan Burgess
Brandon Mychal Smith & Keauna McLaughlin
Jonny Moseley & Brooke Castile
Rebecca Budig & Fred Palascak
Sean Young & Denis Petukhov
Vince Neil & Jennifer Wester
Thursday, November 25th
The 84th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, live special from 9am to noon on NBC
– Celebrating the start of the holiday season will be performers from stage, screen, sports and music riding down Broadway atop one of the parade’s moving stages. The parade, which begins at 77th Street and Central Park West, features many eye-catching floats and balloons and will offer many new additions, classic characters from children’s books, movies and television shows, a Who’s Who of popular culture icons. Kanye West, Jessica Simpson, and Gladys Knight among many C-list celebrities are set to perform.
Friday, November 26th
TV’s Funniest Holiday Moments: A Paley Center for Media Special, special from 8 to 10pm on FOX
– The phenomenal Sue Sylvester from Glee hosts this hilarious trip down television memory lane, which will showcase memorable funny scenes from programs such as I Love Lucy, Married…With Children, Friends and Family Guy.