Sunday, November 14th
Sarah Palin’s Alaska, series premiere at 9pm on TLC
– This highly anticipated 8-part documentary series takes viewers into the country’s ‘final frontier’ through the eyes of one of its most famous citizens and the woman who stole the national spotlight during the 2008 Presidential Election – Sarah Palin. In each episode, Sarah is joined by various family members, including current DWTS contestant Bristol, as she shares the state she knows and loves – from salmon fishing in Bristol Bay to hiking along one of our country’s most breathtaking glaciers. Along with Alaska’s great wilderness, the Palins encounter Alaska’s fascinating residents and share what its takes to thrive in the country’s largest state.
Tina Fey: The Mark Twain Prize, special awards show from 9 to 10:30pm on PBS
– SNL breakout star Tina Fey is the whole package when it comes to comedy. The Kennedy Center presented the 13th Annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor to Tina Fey (the youngest recipient ever) on Tuesday, November 9th. Tonight, PBS broadcasts the Fey-stivities. The award, named to honor one of America’s – and the world’s – greatest humorists, features a lineup of the biggest names in comedy, including the Steve Carell, Jimmy Fallon, Tracy Morgan, Amy Poehler, and Betty White among others.
Tuesday, November 16th
– This new comedy series follows the fun – and awkward – misadventures of four freshmen as they navigate college life, trying to figure out who they are and who they want to be. Joel is a typical guy next door who is determined to keep his focus on pre-med, at least until he meets his unattainable dream girl Christie. Eli is a virgin who desperately wants to be cool. Jason is a buttoned-downed conservative, attached at the hip to his preppy girlfriend. Brian is a star baseball player struggling to get out of his father’s shadow. Together, the guys agree to check out fraternity houses, finally coming to the steps of Omega Sigma, where they are greeted by pledge recruiter Mike. Intrigued by the fraternity’s cool factor, their fate is sealed. They begin a journey that will make a lifetime of memories.
Wednesday, November 17th
Human Target, season premiere at 8pm on FOX
– Based on the popular DC Comics comic book and graphic novel, this full-throttle action drama is centered on Christopher Chance (Mark Valley), a unique personal security expert hired to shield those in danger from an imminent threat that cannot be solved through normal means of protection. The sophomore season begins with Chance rescuing his kidnapped business partner Winston and retiring from the protection business to avoid facing the world of danger he seems to bring to those closest to him. But when billionaire philanthropist Isla Pucci tracks down the reclusive Chance, she convinces him that he is the only one who can protect her from the killers of her late husband. Chance reunites with Winston and their ethically challenged freelance operative Guerrero to save Ilsa’s life.
Friday, November 19th
Homemade Millionaire, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– Product enthusiast and co-host of Live with Regis and Kelly Kelly Ripa executive produces, hosts, and judges this new reality competition series for female kitchen-table inventors to win a life-changing deal with HSN. Kelly Ripa is sent tons of products every day from aspiring female entrepreneurs — all hoping to become the next million-dollar success story. Each week, find out who will land a lucrative deal with mega multi-media retailer HSN.