Sunday, October 3rd
American Dad, season premiere at 9:30pm on FOX
– The hit animated series from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane is back to salute a fifth season of laughs. The show follows die-hard Republican and card-carrying NRA member Stan Smith (voiced by MacFarlene) and his hilariously odd family in Langley Falls, VA. Stan’s not-so-smart wife Francine has an unfaltering loyalty that allows her to turn a blind eye toward Stan’s unabashed arrogance. Stan constantly butts heads with his 18-year-old daughter Hayley who knows just how to push her father’s buttons by being liberal in both her beliefs and in the number of hippie boyfriends she chooses to date. Hayley’s 14-year-old brother is the geeky yet cocky Steve, a kid who seems to be on the constant verge of puberty but can’t quite make sense of the opposite sex. The Smith household is rounded out by two rather unconventional members. There’s the selfish and sarcastic space alien, Roger (MacFarlane), who lives in the attic and drinks like it’s always happy hour; and Klaus, an attention-starved goldfish with the brain of a German guy who is always willing to vocalize his opinions whether anyone is listening.
Wallander II, miniseries debut at 9pm on PBS
– Swedish cop Kurt Wallander (Kenneth Branagh) is back on the beat in the award-winning role based on the international bestsellers by Henning Mankell. At odds with his family, friends, and fellow police, Wallander is in his element with serial killers and psychopaths, tracking them across the stark farm country of southern Sweden. The three-part miniseries is the follow-up to the successful miniseries in 2009. This time, the cases are more personal as he faces a deadly encounter, uncovers a conspiracy behind his friend’s suicide, and faces the ultimate test with his dying father.
CSI: Miami, season premiere at 10pm on CBS
– One of the two spin-offs of the hit crime procedural CSI, CSI: Miami follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. Horatio Caine, a former homicide detective, heads a group of investigators who work crimes amid the steamy tropical surroundings and cultural crossroads of Miami. His team includes Calleigh Duquesne, a bilingual Southern beauty with a specialty in ballistics; Eric Delko, an underwater recovery expert who knows all the twists and turns of the Florida waterways, and Ryan Wolfe, a former patrol officer who specializes in blood and trace evidence. Rounding out the team is Alexx Woods, the no-nonsense know-it-all coroner, and Natalia Boa Vista, the enigmatic DNA specialist. Helping Horatio with cases is Det. Frank Tripp, a tough yet thorough police officer.
Monday, October 4th
The Real Housewives of Atlanta, series premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– The series is an up-close and personal look at six fabulous women from Atlanta’s social elite –- from Grammy-Award winners to aspiring singers, power brokers to super models –- as they juggle their burgeoning careers and busy home lives amidst the whirl of the south’s hottest city. Atlanta has become one of the hottest entertainment hubs in America, and the Housewives are taking their individual talents to new heights in search of stardom. These driven and ambitious women prove that they’re not just “housewives,” but entrepreneurs, doting mothers and feisty southern women. Bolder than ever, Kandi, Kim, NeNe and Sheree have been busy pursuing their dreams and striving to maintain their relationships. Coupled with the additions of model Cynthia Bailey and entertainment lawyer Phaedra Parks, this is a season not to miss.
The A-List: New York, series premiere at 10pm on Logo
– If you thought the housewives were desperate, wait ’til you meet the houseboys! Logo’s much buzzed about docu-reality series follows members of New York’s gay elite plus their families, best girlfriends, and pocket dogs (natch) as they navigate being fabulous in the city. Follow their tangled friendships, rivalries and aspirations as they hop from benefit to beach house to pied-a-terre, dropping serious coin on toys for grown ups all along the way. From the producers of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, The A-List explores the excess and envy of a new population, taking its rightful place alongside the greatest of guilty pleasure television.
Tuesday, October 5th
House of Glam, series premiere at 11pm on Oxygen
– The new reality series follows Brandi Simpkins, the head of New York-based B Lynn Group, one of the hottest image agencies in the entertainment business, and her team of the top fashion stylists, makeup artists, and hairstylists around. These stylists to the stars specialize in cooking up original and unforgettable looks for some of the biggest names in music and fashion–so they stand out in Hollywood and beyond. And this show takes you through the chaotic days of trying to please demanding clients, taking you behind the scenes of their magazine-glossy world. The cast is not only comprised of colleagues, but also best friends and fierce rivals.
Wednesday, October 6th
Steven Seagal Lawman, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– The new reality series will chronicles martial arts expert and international film star Steven Seagal’s extraordinary life in law enforcement. Steven Seagal has never sought publicity for his work with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office. However, over a span of almost two decades, he has regularly done out on patrol and worked major cases. The series will allow fans to ride shotgun with Seagal as he and his hand-selected elite team of deputies respond to crimes-in-progress. Then, when Seagal goes off-duty, the cameras will continue following him as he pursues his many ventures – including musical performances and philanthropic efforts – in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.
Harry Loves Lisa, series premiere at 10pm on TV Land
– The new six-episode docu-soap features pop-culture sensation Lisa Rinna and her heartthrob husband, Harry Hamlin. The series centers on the relationship between Rinna and Hamlin as they navigate the highs and lows of a devoted family living a hectic Hollywood lifestyle. Harry Loves Lisa brings to life the romantic notion that opposites attract as Lisa’s playful spontaneity differs from Harry’s more reserved demeanor. Audiences will watch as the two balance their differences in the midst of insane professional lives as working actors and entrepreneurs who are parenting two pre-teen daughters. One of Hollywood’s most enduring couples, the Hamlins’ contradictory personalities make for amazing chemistry, both on screen and off.
Friday, October 8th
Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, season premiere at 8pm on Nat Geo
– Renowned dog behavior expert Cesar Millan is one of the most sought-after specialists working in the field of dog rehabilitation. From bullying Chihuahuas to timid great Danes, Cesar has an uncanny gift for communicating with dogs and seeing the world through their eyes. Cesar has been called “a Dr. Phil for dogs,” and for good reason. His amazing rehabilitations of aggressive, scared, lazy, compulsive, and jealous dogs captured the national spotlight since the series premiere in 2004. In the season premiere, Millan goes into AGT judge Howie Mandel’s home to try to tame his Chihuahua’s aggressive behavior.
Fatal Attractions, season premiere at 9pm on Animal Planet
– This new 10-part docu-series explores cases where sharing a home with animals ranging from tigers and wolves to bears and reptiles can have devastating, even fatal consequences. It’s a basic instinct for humans to want to love and be loved. But for some, this basic desire can take them into obsessive and dangerous territory. Fatal Attractions delves deeply into the psychological and emotional drivers that make some people get too close to animals that are best left in the wild.
Saturday, October 9th
Auctioneer$, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– Auctioneer$ pulls back the curtain on the fast-paced world of auctions at one of the busiest auction houses in the country. The reality series follows CEO and founder of Auctions Systems Auctioneers and Appraisers, Deborah Weidenhamer, and her team of auctioneers. Unusual items, hopeful sellers, and desperate bidders collide in a high-stakes event where no one knows where the money will stop.