Glee, season premiere at 8pm on FOX
– The smart musical comedy about a group of underdog high school students finding themselves through their glee club has quickly become a pop-culture phenomenon. Entering its sophomore season after a very successful freshman year, Glee has 19 Emmy Nominations under it’s belt and four wins, including one for the brilliant Jane Lynch in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category for her role as Sue Sylvester, the track-suit loving cheerleading coach who pumps herself full of horse estrogen and taunts the Glee club. Glee follows a group of eager and ambitious students as they strive to outshine their singing competition while navigating the cruel halls of McKinley High. Although New Directions lost at Regionals in the season finale, they now have their sights set on making it to Nationals and defeating their arch rivals, Vocal Adrenaline. This season, the club’s leading voices Rachel and Finn are working to stabilize their romantic relationship and we are introduced to three new characters, one of whom is supposed to be Kurt’s hunky boyfriend. We also have great guest stars to look forward to, including Britney Spears making an appearance in a Britney Spears themed-episode that will take us back to ’99.
The Biggest Loser, season premiere at 8pm on NBC
– 21 contestant hopefuls vy for a spot at the ranch to get healthy and change their lives forever. The tenth season of the hit fitness reality competition series has a “pay it forward” theme. With obesity now one of the leading causes of preventable death in the United States, The Biggest Loser wanted to broaden their reach this season, pay it forward and motivate communities – not just contestants – to get healthy. So trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels and host Alison Sweeney travel to seven cities in the premiere episode, with each trainer leading community fitness challenges like a one-mile race or a 500 step-up competition. In each of the seven cities – Detroit, Los Angeles, Portland, Atlanta, Phoenix, Oklahoma City and Boston – there will also be three contestant hopefuls competing in the challenges. The two candidates who complete their fitness challenge first win a spot at the ranch. Those who don’t make it will get a chance to vie for a spot on the show in a later episode.
NCIS, season premiere at 8pm on CBS
– The hit crime procedural ended its last season with its highest ranking yet — #4 overall in the ratings. NCIS revolves around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, which conducts criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.With liberal doses of humor, it’s a show that focuses on the sometimes complex and always amusing dynamics of a team forced to work together in high-stress situations. NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a former Marine gunnery sergeant, whose skills as an investigator are unmatched, formerly led this troupe of colorful personalities. Gibbs, a man of few words, only needs a look to explain it all. From murder and espionage to terrorism and stolen submarines, Gibbs and his team of special agents travel the globe to investigate all crimes with Navy or Marine Corps ties.
NCIS: Los Angeles, season premiere at 9pm on CBS
– The spin-off of the hit series is a drama about the high stakes world of the Office of Special Projects (OSP), a division of NCIS that is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation’s security. By assuming false identities and utilizing the most advanced technology, this team of highly trained agents goes deep undercover, putting their lives on the line in the field to bring down their targets. Special Agent “G” Callen is a chameleon who transforms himself into whomever he needs to be to infiltrate the criminal underworld. His partner is Special Agent Sam Hanna, a former U.S. Navy SEAL who has seen action in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and a surveillance expert who uses state of the art monitoring equipment to look out for those in the field and feed them crucial information. Assisting the team is Special Agent Kensi Blye, Operational Psychologist Nate Getz, new recruit Dominic Vail, and Henrietta “Hetty” Lange who oversees the “backroom” support staff. Armed with the latest in high tech gear and sent regularly into life-threatening situations, this tight-knit unit relies on each other to do what is necessary to protect national interests.
Raising Hope, series premiere at 9pm on FOX
– This charming new comedy follows the deadbeat Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member into their household. At 23 years old, Jimmy Chance (Lucas Neff) is going nowhere in life. He skims pools for a living, parties every night and still lives at home with his family, including his Maw Maw (Cloris Leachman), his mother Virginia (Martha Plimpton), and his father Burt (Garret Dillahunt). Jimmy’s life takes a drastic turn when a chance romantic encounter with Lucy (guest star Bijou Phillips) goes awry once he discovers she is a wanted felon. Months later, when Jimmy pays a visit to the local prison, he learns Lucy is pregnant with their baby, and after she gives birth, he is charged with raising their daughter. The poor baby couldn’t have been born to a more incompetent family but it should prove quite amusing.
Running Wilde, series premiere at 9:30pm on FOX
– From the Emmy Award-winning creator and the star of the critically acclaimed FOX series Arrested Development comes a new romantic comedy starring Will Arnett and Keri Russell. Arnett plays Steven Wilde, a filthy-rich, immature playboy trying desperately to win (or buy) the heart of his childhood sweetheart, Emmy Kadubic (Russell), the über-liberal humanitarian who got away – all told through the perspective of a 12-year-old girl. The son of an oil tycoon, Steve hasn’t had to work a day in his life and has always gotten everything he’s wanted – with one exception: the love of Emmy. The daughter of a former Wilde housekeeper, Emmy is an earnest do-gooder who has spent her adult life trying to save the world.
– Detroit is known worldwide for its dangerous streets but what of the people who protect the city? This new crime drama shows that the men and women of Detroit Homicide are as smart and tough as they come. They have to be, working the neighborhoods of the once and future Motor City. There’s the damaged but driven Detective Louis Fitch, a wily homicide vet who is the most respected—and most misunderstood—man in the division; Detective Damon Washington, Fitch’s new partner, who finds the first day on the job is a trial by fire, complicated by the imminent birth of his first child; the sexy Detective Ariana Sanchez who is partnered with Narcotics undercover cop John Stone, a streetwise smooth talker; 30-year veteran Sergeant Jesse Longford and his clever partner Detective Vikram Mahajan, a fully Americanized son of Indian immigrants; and all are headed by Lieutenant Maureen Mason, a strong-willed single mom struggling to balance home and work.