Sunday August 1st
Rubicon, series premiere at 8pm on AMC
– AMC has emerged in the past few years as a powerhouse of original compelling dramas that have continuously swept the Emmy Awards: Mad Men and Breaking Bad. So far, AMC is 2 for 2…now it unveils its 3rd original series, a conspiracy drama starring The Pacific’s James Badge Dale as Will Travers, a brilliant analyst at a federal intelligence agency who cracks codes for a living. When Will’s world is shattered by an untimely death he begins asking questions, diving into a web of mystery and danger. Not every conspiracy is a theory.
Monday August 2nd
Aftermath With William Shatner, series premiere at 10pm on BIO
– William Shatner takes an in-depth look at what happens when people are tragically or infamously transformed from unknown citizens into household names overnight, taking viewers back to …the dramatic events that dominated the American news cycle as he gains exclusive access to the newsmakers at the heart of each story – heroes, villains, perpetrators, victims, family members and law enforcement officials – to dig deep and separate the fact from the fiction. In each one-hour episode, new and often surprising information emerges, not only about the events themselves but about how people’s lives have changed in the years since they made headlines. Among those high-profiled and often infamous people interviewed this season are the Unabomber, Mary Kay Letourneau (the teacher who had an illegal love affair with her student and are still together—serious drama!), subway vigilante from the 80s Bernard Goetz and the DC sniper victims.
Scream Queens 2, season premiere at 10pm on VH1
– Who doesn’t love watching pretty girls with minimal acting chops scream their heads off while wearing nothing but skimpy undergarments in horror films? ME! But I’m sure some men and many a horror film fan enjoy this unique reality competition now entering its 2nd season. Scream Queens 2 will take a new cadre of 10 aspiring actresses and give them the chance to win a breakthrough role in “Saw 3D.” This season’s cast will once again be put through a horror film boot camp with intense physical challenges, learning how to work with creatures, gore, and stunts, while also building their acting chops. The winning actress will have to prove to the panel of judges that she has the talent, the looks, and especially the lungs to be a true Scream Queen.
Tuesday August 3rd
18 to Life, series premiere at 9pm on the CW
– This new comedy from the CW explores the tension between two in-law families with opposing points of view, made all the better when you throw teen marriage and neighbor feuds in the mix. Tom and Jessie are 18-year-old next-door neighbors who have grown up together. When they decide to run off and get married, their warring families are forced to become one in this hilarious multi-generational half-hour about relationships, true love and who takes out the garbage.
Bad Girls Club, season premiere at 9pm on Oxygen
– All the reality shows that are loaded with hilarious drama i.e. Jersey Shore, are filming in Miami nowadays. The fifth season of the accurately titled Bad Girls Club travels south to the hot beaches of Miami. The new batch of seven self-proclaimed “Bad Girls” live together with similarly explosive personalities, resulting in constant clashing between housemates. Besides hitting the trendy South Beach clubs, these chicks are ready to take it up a notch — with manipulative backstabbing friendships, in-house love triangles, exotic trips to the Caribbean, unexpected alliances and endless mind games.
19 Kids & Counting, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
– The reality series follows the Duggar family of Tontitown, Arkansas, a conservative Christian family with 19 children. The parents refrain from using birth control, believing that God should determine the number of children they have, therefore resulting in a pregnancy every year and a half. Formerly 18 Kids & Counting, the show was renamed after Michelle gave birth to her 19th child, Josie Brooklyn Duggar, three months prematurely in December of 2009. After four months of uncertainty and challenges, Josie is finally released from the hospital and reunited with the rest of the Duggar family.
Shaq VS, season premiere at 9pm on ABC
– Shaq calls himself the World’s Greatest Athlete. We’re not gonna argue with the man. The first time Shaquille O’Neal threw out his challenge in the first season, he competed against other world-class athletes in their own sports. Now in Season Two, Shaq will not only use his athletic prowess to challenge high-profile athletes, but also his energy and charisma to compete beyond the athletic arena in non-sports challenges. In the premiere episode he races NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Concord Speedway.
The Rachel Zoe Project, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– This reality series starring stylist Rachel Zoe and her 2 styling associates is back for a third season. As Zoe’s business continues to expand – from a thriving clothing line with QVC and an affordable jewelry collection, to a massive social media following on her website and Twitter account – Zoe’s dream of becoming a household name has turned into a reality. Tune in to catch the incredible star power behind Zoe’s styling business, with appearances from Gwen Stefani, Demi Moore, Molly Sims, and Johnny Weir, to name a few. This season will see the departure of her longtime assistant Tyler Jacobson and the introduction of new member Ashley Avignone to Team Zoe.
Scrappers, series premiere at 10pm on Spike
– This new documentary series is set on the streets and scrap yards of Brooklyn, NY. It takes a certain rough personality to be a scrapper. Each week, we’ll follow larger than life characters that make up three competing scrap crews as they turn everyday metal into cold hard cash.
Wednesday August 4th
Criss Angel: Mindfreak, season premiere at 10pm on A&E
– The hit A&E series stretches the boundaries of reality and belief in each thrilling episode as world-renowned mystifier Criss Angel executes incredible illusions, death-defying escapes, fearless demonstrations and astonishing physical feats. The first ever five-time back-to-back recipient of the Magician of the Year award, Criss Angel has performed more magic on television than any other magician in history. In the sixth season premiere episode he attempts a death jump with a bike over the Grand Canyon.
Thursday August 5th
The Real Housewives of D.C., series premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– With the hit Bravo franchise’s expansion to our nation’s capital, The Real Housewives of D.C. introduces five intriguing women whose relationships with each other, and with the city in which they live, are a compelling combination to explore the nexus of politics, society, and even race, as well as how the proximity to political power dictates where one fits within Beltway society. The cast includes the infamous White House party crasher Michaele Salahi. Well, footage of Michaele getting ready for the state dinner and passing security is caught on camera and will be aired this season. The rest of the housewives are: Mary Schmidt Amons, the true Washingtonian and granddaughter of radio and TV personality Arthur Godfrey; the mother hen and owner of D.C.’s top modeling agency, Lynda Erkiletian; feisty Brit Catherine Ommanney, married to a White House photographer; model and founder of D.C.’s America’s Polo Cup, and Harvard grad, active political fund-raiser, and philanthropist Stacie Scott Turner.
The Squad: Prison Police, series premiere at 10pm on A&E
– Imagine a city populated entirely by the nation’s worst criminals, and it’s your job to police them… Tennessee Prison is that city, and The Squad that police force. This new docu-series follows the professional lives of those who police criminals once they are already behind bars but with much more training and butt-kicking skills than your regular correctional officers. The Squad is comprised of 8 special agents who respond to and investigate every major crime in the prison — from riots and assaults, to organized crime and drugs, to stabbings and murder. As the only police unit in the prison, THE SQUAD functions as detectives, SWAT and CSI all rolled into one.