Sunday July 11th
Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch, series premiere at 9pm on VH1
– The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco is certainly known for making a splash wherever he goes. From his controversial end zone celebration dances to his mischievous antics between plays he’s quickly become the NFL’s superstar. The former Dancing With The Stars contestant proved that he could shower a woman (i.e. Cheryle Burke) with lavish gifts that would make any woman swoon. At 32 years old Ocho wants to find the kind of girl he can be proud have on his arm and in his cheering section in the stands. The 85 hopeful girls starting out in the competition will be put through Ocho’s “dating training camp” and will be cut if they aren’t the type of girl he can see himself with. He will evaluate all 85 girls’ performances where only 20 will make the team. The 20 girls on the team will date Ocho and compete in head-to-head matchups until he puts a ring on the hand of the woman who stole his heart in the Championship date.
The Glades, series premiere at 10pm on A&E
– You may recognize this show from the catchy ad slogan “Sunny With A Chance of Homicide” and the picture of a bleeding orange stabbed by a knife, which gave us absolutely no idea what the show is actually about, except that we expect some people are murdered. This new original drama series follows Jim Longworth, an attractive, brilliant, yet hard to get along with homicide detective from Chicago who gets shot by his captain after being wrongfully accused of sleeping with his wife. After being exiled from the department, Longworth relocates to the sleepy, middle of nowhere town of Palm Glade, Florida, where the sunshine and golf are plentiful and crime is seemingly at a minimum. Only this town outside the Florida Everglades isn’t quite as idyllic as he thought, as he finds people keep turning up murdered. But do not be quick to judge this as another cop procedural, this is the first in a new line of original male character-driven dramas A&E is developing.
Childrens Hospital, series premiere at 10:30pm on Adult Swim
– Childrens Hospital is a new live-action 15-minute comedy series based on the Webby Award-winning WB web series of the same name. The viral Web hit is a twisted take on network medical dramas like Grey’s Anatomy and House. The complete Childrens Hospital – including both the newly produced episodes as well as the original Webisodes – will premiere on Adult Swim this summer. Childrens Hospital explores the emotional struggles and sexual politics of a group of doctors charged with healthy libidos. Their dedication to their personal lives is relentless, interrupted only by the occasional need to treat sick children. The all-star cast includes the infamous Fonzie himself Henry Winkler, Will & Grace’s Megan Mullally, Party Down’s Ken Marino, film star Malin Akerman and Worst Week’s Erinn Hayes,
Monday July 12th
Kid in a Candy Store, series premiere at 8pm on Food Network
-As a contestant on season four of The Next Food Network Star, Adam Gertler revealed his energetic passion for food and fun-loving sense of humor. Now, as the host of Food Network’s new primetime series, Adam uncovers the best, most outrageous, most innovative, and most loved sweet treats as he travels the nation visiting the bakeries, restaurants, food carts, and factories where America’s favorites are produced.
The Closer, season premiere at 9pm on TNT
– Cable’s #1 series is back for its 6th season. Kyra Sedgwick stars in her Goldern-Globe award-winning role as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, who leads the Major Crimes squad in LA after relocating from Georgia. As the new season opens, the squad is moving into its new high-tech office. With the LAPD on the hunt for a new chief of police, Brenda’s boss Assistant Police Chief Will Pope is among those in the running. Should he get the job, it could mean a promotion for Brenda, but not without a little competition from her arch nemesis Robbery-Homicide Commander Taylor. The political juggling around the office soon leads Brenda to do some career-minded soul-searching. This season, Battlestar Gallactica’s Mary McDonnell reprises her role as Capt. Raydor, the by-the-book head of the Force Investigation Division, who has butted heads with Brenda on several occasions.
Rizzoli & Isles, series premiere at 10pm on TNT
– TNT continues to pave the way for female character-driven dramas with this new series about Boston detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) working together to solve crimes and bust criminals. Growing up at opposite ends of the economic spectrum, the two remain strikingly different from one another in many ways. Jane, the only female detective in Boston’s homicide division, is a tough and gutsy cop who doesn’t let her guard down, dodges her overprotective mother and is better at basketball than her brother. Maura, meanwhile, is usually more comfortable among the dead than the living. She is always impeccably dressed in designer duds with a steady, sometimes icy temperament. And she is working on curbing her tendency to diagnose the people she meets – including her first dates. Despite their many differences, Jane and Maura are best friends, with a quirky and supportive relationship.
Tuesday July 13
White Collar, season premiere at 9pm on USA
– The hit USA series about the unlikely partnership of a con artist and the FBI agent who was chasing him for years is back for its sophomore season. The oh-so-sexy Matt Bomer stars as Neal Caffrey, a suave charming mastermind of white collar crimes, who is finally caught by his nemesis, FBI Agent Peter Burke, played by Tim DeKay, after he breaks out of prison. Instead of returning to prison, the FBI hires Neal as a consultant who provides his criminal expertise to assist in catching other elusive criminals in exchange for his eventual freedom. The 2 partners couldn’t be more different but working together they are the most successful team on the squad, often tiptoeing on the wrong side of the law to get the bad guys. Their partnership and friendship is constantly threatened by Neal’s insistence to find his ex-girlfriend Kate, which evolved into a hunt for her killer after the plane she boarded exploded before Neal’s eyes in the cliff-hanger season finale. 90210’s Tiffany Amber Thiessen plays Agent Burke’s doting and understanding wife.
– A new series from the producer of The Bourne Trilogy starring Coyote Ugly’s Piper Perabo as CIA agent Annie Walker. After her first mission unexpectedly ends in a hail of bullets, the Agency unexpectedly promotes her to field operative. In the blink of an eye, an assignment can go from routine to rogue and when Annie finds herself in situations with no rules or prior training to guide her, all she can rely on is her intuition. As Annie plunges headlong into her new job, she soon realizes it means having to lead a double life, whether it’s lying to her family or facing down ruthless terrorists around the world and enemies of the state. 28-year-old Annie likes the peripatetic and unpredictable nature of working for the Agency, especially after a devastating heartbreak. But she’ll soon find out that staying emotionally unattached could prove to be far more challenging than staying alive.
Wednesday July 14th
Ghost Hunters International, season premiere at 9pm on SyFy
– A spin-off of Syfy’s Ghost Hunters series, Ghost Hunters International features a squad of paranormal investigators who use their principles of scientific techniques, to explore some of the most legendary haunted spots around the world. Each week the team travels to the far corners of the globe, searching for answers to bizarre supernatural mysteries. The new episodes will take the team to countries such as Peru, Singapore, Sweden, the Philippines and many others. Veteran investigators Robb Demarest, Dustin Pari, Brandy Green and Barry FitzGerald, are joined by newcomer Angela Alderman in this new season.
– USA’s quick-witted original dramedy entering its 5th season stars James Roday as young police consultant Shawn Spencer who solves crimes with powers of observation so acute that Santa Barbara PD detectives think he’s psychic. Raised by a family of cops, Shawn possesses uncanny powers of observation honed by his police officer father, Henry, who drilled young Shawn as a way of grooming him for his inevitable career in the family business. Unfortunately, when a rift developed between father and son, Shawn took a series of random jobs instead of becoming the detective he was groomed to be. With the reluctant assistance of his best friend Gus, played by Dule Hill, Shawn uses his skills of observation and charismatic personality to become the detective he was trained to be, opening his own PI agency – Psych – and solving cases for an ever-suspicious, but grudgingly impressed, police force.
Pros vs. Joes, season premiere at 10pm on Spike
– Pros vs. Joes returns to Spike TV with a new format for its fifth season. Michael Strahan and Jay Glazer join together as hosts for the new season. This season will see Pros from NFL taking on NBA legends in basketball, Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb back on a team, and even Michael Vick is hitting the field.
Chasing Mummies, series premiere at 10pm on History Channel
– Digging up ancient treasures is dirty and dangerous business, and nobody knows that better than the legendary Egyptologist Dr. Zahi Hawass. In this new reality series, cameras follow closely as he and his cadre of fellows unearth astonishing finds and tackle some of the world’s greatest archaeological riddles, from who built the pyramids to the location of Cleopatra’s tomb. It’s a whirlwind tour, led by the man who holds the keys to Egypt’s greatest antiquities and rules his world like a modern-day pharaoh. Unfiltered, entertaining, exciting and suspenseful, Chasing Mummies lets viewers share in the thrills and hardships facing the team and crew as they toil to reveal what lies beneath the sand. With its wealth of historical information and blow-by-blow coverage of world-altering discoveries, this series breaks new ground—literally.
Thursday July 15th
Mary Knows Best, series premiere at 9pm on SyFy
– Mary Occhino, the matriarch of a proud Long Island Italian-American family, always takes her work home with her because communicating with the spirit world is a 24-hour job. This new reality series chronicles the poignant and often funny situations that Occhino and her family get themselves into on a daily basis. A successful author, radio host, psychic intuitive and mother of three, Occhino touches the lives of nearly everyone she meets. Her children, Jackie, Chris and Carl, are a mismatched group of siblings consisting of a skeptic, a paranormal investigator and a reluctant psychic. Occhino’s radio show, “Angels on Call”, on Sirius Satellite Radio, broadcasts weekday mornings from New York City. Each day she predicts the future, speaks to the dead and offers daily advice to thousands of devoted radio fans, giving “Angels on Call” one of the highest call volumes of any Sirius Radio show.
NICU, series premiere at 10pm on Discovery Health
– This 10-episode docu-drama series goes behind the scenes of top national neonatal intensive care units (NICU), showing the day-to-day care required to sustain the smallest of lives. NICU follows real families as they experience the rollercoaster of emotions that come with having a premature baby and features doctors and nurses from leading hospitals in Baltimore, San Diego and Cleveland, as they work around the clock to ensure the survival of their tiny patients.
Friday July 16th
DC Cupcakes, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
– This new sweet series is the latest treat in the network’s growing menu of food-themed programming. Premiering with back-to-back episodes, the six-part series follows sisters and business partners Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis as they run Georgetown Cupcake, a small cupcakery that they’ve transformed into a sweeping success.
Saturday July 17th
– That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symoné stars as Abigail Scanlon and Prvileged’s JoAnna Garcia as Parker Wald, best friends since childhood returning to their small, Southern hometown from New York City, for a visit. After running into old friends they learn that their close friend, Rachel (Chryssie Whitehead), has lost the love of her life, Tony (Lyle Brocato), to their ex-friend Caitlin (Virginia Williams) – a conniving gold-digger. Intent upon preventing the loveless marriage, Parker and Abigail go “undercover” as Caitlin’s bridesmaids to sabotage the wedding. Along the way, Caitlyn’s tightly-wound mother, Olivia (Beth Broderick), works hard to keep Abigail and Parker at bay, and Parker falls for the town cop and groomsman Henry (David Rogers). The bridesmaids put their best-laid plans in motion only to see them go outrageously awry!
Celebrity Ghost Stories, season premiere at 9pm on Bio
– Compelling, surprising and downright spooky, celebrities share their real-life personal encounters with the paranormal in this one-hour special. From encounters with ghosts and angry spirits to haunted homes, unexplainable spells and magic, these descriptive, first person narratives from our favorite stars delivers a brand new way of experiencing the thrills and chills of the addictive world of the paranormal. Celebrities featured: Gina Gershon, Ernie Hudson, Belinda Carlisle and Sammy Hagar.
– Former actor, entertainment guru and pit bull rescuer Shorty Rossi has lofty ideals, a tough attitude and an entertainment industry Rolodex to help his cause. And he’s gathered together three friends/employees; Ronald, Ashley and Sebastian, to take on the gargantuan task of rescuing, rehabbing and training the most misunderstood of dogs — pit bulls. Shorty, aptly named, and his three cohorts happen to be little people with the biggest hearts for these adorable dogs, who often are bigger than they are.