Sunday June 13
The 2010 Tony Awards, 3 hour live awards show at 8pm on CBS
– Promises, Promises and Will & Grace’s Sean Hayes hosts this year! Musicals Fela! and La Cage aux Folles should each win some serious hardware tonight, as they lead all shows with 11 nominations apiece. The revival of Fences, with Denzel Washington, is close behind with 10 nods. Regardless of who walks home with statuettes, Broadway lovers will be the real winners with a telecast that includes performances from all of the nominated musicals (American Idiot; Fela!; Memphis; Million Dollar Quartet) and musical revivals (La Cage aux Folles; A Little Night Music; Ragtime). In addition, Green Day and Glee stars Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele will take to the stage.
True Blood, season premiere at 9pm on HBO
– The third season of the hit original HBO series about vampires has finally arrived! In the season two finale Bill proposed to Sookie and when she returned from the bathroom with her answer she discovers he has been kidnapped. And just like last time, the third season begins mere moments after the second ended, with Eggs shot in the head, Tara inconsolably hysterical and Andy covering for a deadeye Jason. Of course, what everyone wants to know, like Sookie, is what happened to Bill, but there are other mysteries to tide us over in the meantime, including Sam’s journey to find his birth family and a crisis in the vampire community over an uptick in the abuse of V.
HGTV Design Star, season premiere at 10pm on HGTV
– The fifth season of the reality design competition is back in New York. The 12 finalists must navigate innovative design challenges and dazzle the judging panel of acclaimed interior designers, including Genevieve Gorder, Candice Olson and Vern Yip, with creativity until one wins their own show on HGTV. The eclectic mix of contestants includes professional designers, artists, stylists, architects and more.
Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami, season premiere at 10pm on E!
– The 2 Kardashian sisters besides Kim are back for season 2 of their spin-off series about adjusting to life in Miami while opening a new DASH store. Kourtney has a new baby and is ready to take charge of getting DASH Miami back into shape. Khloe has a new husband and misses him terribly, which unfortunately causes friction with Kourtney. Will Kourtney be able to convince little sister Khloé to see things her way regarding the store—and Scott?
Holly’s World, at 10:30pm on E!
– Model, ex-girlfriend of Hugh Hefner, and former star of The Girls Next Door Holly Madison stars in her own spin-off. The vivacious Ms. Madison and her outrageous posse of pals are taking over the Vegas Strip. The four-time Playboy cover girl stars in “Peepshow,” the fun burlesque revue that answers the question of what it would be like if all your favorite nursery rhyme characters took the same Pilates class and flat-out refused to keep their tops on.
Monday June 14
Dance Your Ass Off, season premiere at 10pm on Oxygen
– Former Spice Girl and DWTS finalist Mel B hosts the second new season of this reality series that takes a fun approach to losing weight. This reality dancing weight loss competition pairs each contestant with a professional dance partner who trains them for their weekly stage performances. One contestant is eliminated each week based on their combined dance score and weekly weight loss.
Warren The Ape, series premiere at 10:30pm on MTV
– Warren The Ape is a spin-off of the former Fox sitcom Greg the Bunny, following Warren’s life, which is headed in a downward spiral ever since the show got cancelled. This reality show is a parody of “the life of a celebrity,” focused on the trials and tribulations of a D-grade celebrity puppet who is attempting to clean up his act, patch up his relationships and scramble his way back into the Hollywood limelight with the help of his doctor, Dr. Drew Pinsky.
Tuesday June 15
Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– It almost seems like Kathy Griffin’s on the A-list now, with a big guest-starring role on Law & Order SVU, A-list friends like Cher, Bette and Liza and more award nominations. She actually hosted the Creative Arts Emmy Awards last year. But just when Kathy’s enjoying her A-List hosting moment she gets a D-List bitch slap by losing in her category. And so begins season six of Bravo’s two-time Emmy winning series.
Double Exposure, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
– Bravo goes behind the lens of celebrity photography duo Markus Klinko and Indrani in the new docu-series. The series follows Markus and Indrani, a former couple who dated for eight years, along with high-end stylist GK Reid, giving viewers a taste of the world of high fashion and celebrity photography. From album covers for David Bowie and Beyoncé, to prize-winning photographs of celebrities like Kate Winslet and Will Smith, Markus and Indrani have shot virtually every contemporary boldface name and countless other iconic images for fashion campaigns and magazines.
Wednesday June 16
Top Chef: D.C., season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
– The 17 new cheftestants come face to face in the nation’s capitol for the ultimate power play that will determine just who has the chops to become Top Chef. This season captures the varied tastes of Washington D.C. and features appearances by some of the town’s top names including Apollo Astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, White House chef Sam Kass and more…perhaps Obama? The challenges featured will be some of the most creative and inventive yet: the chefs take over the concession stands at the Nationals stadium, go inside the CIA’s closely guarded headquarters and literally receive out of this world direction on one challenge from a NASA astronaut orbiting Earth.
The Fabulous Beekman Boys, series premiere at 9pm on Planet Green
– This new docu-series follows urbanite couple Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell in their attempt to become “gentleman farmers.” They have transplanted themselves from New York City to Beekman Farm in upstate New York, where they are raising 80 goats, two pigs, a dozen chickens and a narcissistic llama — and learning that the “simple life” isn’t so simple.
Hot in Cleveland, series premiere at 10pm on TV Land
– This century’s queen of comedy Betty White makes her return to the small screen in TV Land’s first foray into original scripted comedy. Three middle-aged L.A. ladies (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick) are forced to lay over in Cleveland and after an evening at a local bar discover they are hot cougars in the Midwest. They decide to make Cleveland their new home, living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker (Betty White) of the house they rented.