Sunday April 25th
– Barry Pepper and Winona Ryder give powerful performances in this stellar 2010 “Hallmark Hall of Fame” premiere as Bill and Lois Wilson, the cofounders of Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon. The film traces a couple’s turbulent marriage that is threatened by Bill’s incessant drinking, despite Lois’ heroic attempts to get him to stop. Their situation only improves when they realize that their love for each other isn’t enough to overcome Bill’s alcoholism and Lois’ anger over his problem.
Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking, 4-part documentary series at 9pm on Discovery Channel
– Stephen Hawking hosts an epic new kind of cosmology series, a Planet Earth of the heavens. It takes the world’s most famous scientific mind and sets it free, powered by the limitless possibilities of computer animation. Hawking gives us the ultimate guide to the universe, a ripping yarn based on real science, spanning the whole of space and time — from the nature of the universe itself, to the chances of alien life, and the real possibility of time travel.
Monday April 26th
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, season premiere at 10pm on Travel Channel
– Our energetic foodie infiltrates markets and restaurants taking viewers behind the scenes to savor the local cuisine — even if it means chewing on eggs with legs, gulping down a frog’s still-beating heart or polishing off a lamb’s eyeball. The season 5 premiere episode of this documentary series features Andrew travelling to Northeastern Thailand to uncover a culture not familiar to Western tourists. The people in the Isan region know how to make use of everything living and breathing when it comes to food.
Tuesday April 27th
The Hills, season premiere at 10pm on MTV
– The sixth—and final! (YAY)—season starts the way the rest of them did: with a whole lot of drama! Kristin, Audrina and Heidi learn that the people they love the most can be the hardest to hold on to. How will Speidi top last season’s shenanigans? Promos feature Heidi’s mom criticizing her for the excessive and unnecessary plastic surgery that got her front cover haterade.
The City, season premiere at 10:30pm on MTV
– This reality series spinoff of The Hills follows alum Whitney Port who moved to NYC. Whitney, Roxy, Olivia and Erin will learn that in New York City, climbing your way to the top means doing it alongside both friends and enemies. PR mogul Kelly Cutrone recurs as Whitney and Roxy’s boss at People’s Revolution.
Wednesday April 28th
Happy Town, series premiere at 10pm on ABC
– Haplin, Minnesota, “Happy Town,” has enjoyed an uneasy peace for five years, but all that is about to change. Still haunted by a number of unsolved kidnappings, the small town now faces a dark new crime that brings all its unresolved fears to the surface. Has the elusive “Magic Man” – who many believe is responsible for the bizarre abductions — returned to claim another victim? As Haplin’s mysteries are revealed, many of its prominent citizens’ motives come under scrutiny as their own secrets and personalities are peeled back one layer at a time.
Sunset Daze, series premiere at 10pm on WE TV with back-to-back episodes
– It’s “Golden Girls Gone Wild”! Sunset Daze is a docu-reality series featuring senior citizens who aren’t afraid to have a good time. The premiere episode features seniors riding a hot air balloon and even going skydiving.
Saturday May 1st
Dov Davidoff: Filthy Operation, comedy special at 11pm on Comedy Central
– Always energetic and ready to take on society, Dov Davidoff turns his ADD comedic style on his unique experiences: growing up in a junk yard in New Jersey, losing his virginity when he was twelve, his relationship with his family, and the filthy operations of the country from coast to coast in this hour long stand up special.