The fourth and finale season of Showtime’s The Tudors, the second half of the first-season of the runaway musical hit Glee, the critically-acclaimed new HBO series Treme about post-Katrina New Orleans from the creator of The Wire, the return of hit reality series Tiny & Toya on BET, the new season of Lifetime’s Army Wives and the Saturday Night Live 2 hour special looking back on all the historic skits and characters in the 2000s that SNL made household names.
Sunday April 11th
The Tudors, Season premiere at 9pm on SHOWTIME
– The fourth and final season of the Showtime original series The Tudors brings us through the final years of one of the greatest figures of English history, King Henry 8. Although he has been in power for many years and should by now be comfortable with his status and position, Henry’s life and times remain as turbulent, controversial and dramatic as they were when he was the young King.
Treme, Series premiere at 10pm on HBO
– This excellent new series from the creator of The Wire explores the lives of several struggling musicians and other New Orleans locals as they try to put their lives back together three months after Hurricane Katrina. As with any David Simon project, plot and characters are hard to pin down, but the debut introduces Wire vets Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters as, respectively, a star-crossed trombonist and a Mardi Gras Indian chief.
Army Wives, Season premiere at 10pm on Lifetime
– The fourth season starts with the shot heard ’round the fort as Denise and Frank deal with the results of Jeremy’s gunplay. Meanwhile, Roland gets bad news from the battlefield about Joan but keeps it from everyone and focuses on counseling the Sherwoods. Pamela deals with her own family issues by skipping town with the kids, leaving supersoldier husband Chase home alone and without a clue. At least the pregnant Roxy has good news. The dilemma: When to share it — and will Trevor think it’s good news?
Tuesday April 13th
Glee, Second half of Season 1 premieres at 9:28pm after American Idol on FOX
– The Golden-Globe winning freshman hit of the season picks up right where it left off in December when New Directions won sectionals and qualified for regionals and Will and Emma finally gave into their mutual attraction and kissed. The premiere episode is all about new couples trying to date but encountering obstacles from all angles, including a new love triangle! Other things to look forward to this season: Madonna-centric episode with Sue boasting a Vogue-like bra over her sweats, a Neil Patrick Harris (from HIMYM) vs Matthew Morrison musical showdown, Idina Menzel cast in a recurring role as the coach of rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline.
Tiny & Toya, Season premiere at 10pm on BET
– Fan favorite and original BET reality series TINY & TOYA returns for a second season packed with drama, laughter and self-discovery. This season, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle (Grammy-winning writer and TI’s fiancé) and best friend Antonia “Toya” Carter (Lil Wayne’s ex-wife and baby mama) continue to uplift their lives while balancing motherhood, family, fame and budding business empires of their own.
Thursday April 15th
Saturday Night Live in the 2000s: Time and Again, 2 hour special at 9pm on NBC
– A retrospective of Saturday Night Live in the first decade of the 21st century, includes clips and interviews with cast members.