There’s not much in the way of TV premieres this week, c’est dommage. The highlight is by far the 1-hour Christian Siriano special on Bravo, aptly titled Christian Siriano: Having A Moment. I certainly anticipate having quite a few moments while watching the most entertaining and talented contestant in Project Runway history planning a runway show, though I don’t understand why he doesn’t have a full-blown reality series because I can watch him do anything and nothing really and still laugh hysterically. Have a moment with Christian Siriano, won’t you? Another exciting TV premiere this week is the return of Top Chef Masters, also on Bravo; this season Top Chef judge Gail Greene joins the judges panel.
Monday, April 5th
Christian Siriano: Having A Moment, a 1-hour TV special at 10pm on Bravo
– Fierce is sooo last season. The fierce fashion world of designer and former Project Runway contestant Christian Siriano comes to the fore in this profile special. A needler who kept us in stitches during Season 4 of “Runway,” Siriano is now captured in sundry fashion forays, including prepping for his third runway show, overseeing his line, collaborating with his staffers, and interacting with celebrities.
Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, season premiere at 10pm on Oxygen
– The fifth season of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood’ finds the couple attempting a cross-country trip in an RV, with tots Stella and Liam along for the ride.
Runaway Squad, series premiere at 10pm on A&E
– While serving 15 years on the force in the NYPD, Joe Mazzelli took an interest in helping runaways. Now a private investigator in NYC, Mazzilli’s mission is to save desperate families who are torn apart when their children run away. Mazzilli and his squad track down and rescue endangered runaways who have fallen through the cracks. Mazzilli’s goal: reunite the children with their families, and help them find a way to heal.
Wednesday April 7th
Top Chef Masters, season premiere at 11pm on Bravo
– Top Chef Masters is back for Season 2. Once again the judges’ table will be turned, and viewers will see what happens when world-renowned chefs compete against each other in a series of weekly challenges and revert back to basics. Food journalist Kelly Choi returns as the series’ host, alongside renowned restaurant critic Gael Greene, culinary expert James Oseland and food critic Jay Rayner who are all back on the Critics’ Table. Top Chef series judge Gail Simmons will also serve as a judge this season on Top Chef Masters.
Friday April 9th
Garage Mahal, season premiere at 9pm on DIY Network
– If you think your garage couldn’t possibly ever be the greatest room in your house, think again. DIY Network’s series Garage Mahal transforms disorganized garages into spectacular living spaces. Former NFL player, pro wrestler and car buff Bill Goldberg (currently on The Celebrity Apprentice) hosts the new season, which features unbelievable garage makeovers. The season premiere features obsessive car-enthusiast Jay Leno turning his garage over for a high-tech renovation worthy of James Bond.