Given the fact that many shows have premieres in the upcoming weeks after the lull during the Olympics, I’m going to do a weekly round-up of the shows premiering every week so you won’t be caught off-guard with the random timing and miss an episode of your favorite show returning from hiatus or a new show that intrigues you.
* = recommended
Sunday March 14th
*Sons of Tucson premieres tonight at 9:30pm on FOX
• Three young brothers hire a dead-ender to play fill-in father (theirs is in jail) to keep from being placed in foster care in this new comedy.
• A 10-part miniseries about WWII from producers Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg aka the team behind the acclaimed Band of Brothers. The series highlights the horror of war seen through the eyes of three U.S. Marines as they fight the Japanese on foreign soil in Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa.
*The Celebrity Apprentice, season premiere tonight at 9pm on NBC
• The 3rd season of the Donald Trump reality series opens with 14 celebrity contestants, including Bret Michaels, Sharon Osbourne, Cyndi Lauper and Sinbad all vying to win for their favorite charity.
Kendra, season premiere tonight at 10pm on E!
• Season 2 of this reality show about the former Playmate Kendra Wilkinson opens with her husband and she moving to Indianapolis and preparing for the birth of their first child.
If none of these grab your attention and you’re in for something cheesy check out the original ABC Family movie:
“The Cutting Edge: Fire and Ice” tonight at 8pm on ABC Family
The story rides on all the hype during the Olympics over figure skating and ice dancing. This tale is about a speed skater (this is where my mind daydreams about Apolo Ohno) who persuades a former figure skater to return to the ice as his partner.
Monday March 15th
*The Price of Beauty, series premieres at 10pm on VH1
• Jessica Simpson stars in an 8-episode docu-series in which she travels around the world to study how beauty is perceived in different cultures.
Tuesday March 16th
*Justified, series premiere at 10pm on FX
• Deputy Raylan Givens has his own, Wild West style, methods of upholding justice, putting him at odds with the criminals he hunts and with his bosses in the U.S. Marshals Service. And an incident prompts his reassignment to the Kentucky district where he grew up.
Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too premieres at 11pm on OXYGEN
• Three women from the Oxygen hit “Bad Girls Club” look for love among 13 bachelors, all vying for their affections in this reality competition.
Wednesday March 17th
Destination Truth, new season premieres at 10pm on SYFY
• World adventurers travel the globe in search of locations noted for supernatural or mysterious phenomena, searching for evidence that either proves or debunks the reports. The episode this week is titled: “Ghosts of Masada; The Leprechaun”
Thursday March 18th
Flash Forward, second half of season 1 opens with a 2-hour premiere at 8pm on ABC
• The preview after the last episode in December gave the impression that there would be another blackout for us viewers to look forward to. This is very much the last chance for Flash Forward to make a comeback considering its declining ratings and the fact that its original show runners have left to pursue other projects. Personally, I wouldn’t hold my breath.