Sunday, May 13th
Cupcake Champions, season premiere at 8pm on Food Network
- Cupcake Wars host Justin Willman continues his hosting duties in the special series Cupcake Champions. In this series, previous winners of Cupcake Wars return to Food Network to compete in the ultimate baking competition for the chance to win $50,000, the opportunity to showcase their cupcakes at the winning gig and, most importantly, the title of Cupcake Champion!
Next Food Network Star, season premiere from 9 to 11pm on Food Network
- Now entering its eighth season, the show has completely reinvented itself and is “actually a different show” according to host Giada de Laurentils. This season, she cohosts Bobby Flay and Alton Brown will each mentor a team of aspiring TV chefs through challenges including the premiere’s restaurant-wars battle. Returning judges Bob Tuschman and Susie Fogelson, as well as a rotating set of guests, will help decide the winner, but not before an Apprentice-style boardroom face-off between the mentors. Don’t expect the heat to stay in the kitchen.
Monday, May 14th
America’s Got Talent, season premiere at 8pm on NBC
- AGT returns this summer with the hottest performers from across the country ready to compete in the blockbuster reality show’s seventh season. The live shows will originate from the New York Tri-State area this summer. This year, outspoken, unedited radio personality, television host and author Howard Stern joins the experienced and talented judge dais alongside comedian, TV host and producer Howie Mandel and daytime TV host, reality producer and music manager Sharon Osbourne. Actor, producer and comedian Nick Cannon returns as host. With the talent search open to acts of all ages, America’s Got Talent has brought the variety format back to the forefront of American culture by showcasing performers from across the country. The series is a true celebration of the American spirit, featuring a colorful array of hopeful stars, including singers, dancers, comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians and ventriloquists, all vying for their chance to strut and perform on stage hoping to win America’s hearts – and the $1 million prize.
The Bachelorette, season premiere at 9:30pm on ABC
- Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America’s and Brad Womack’s heart on the 15th season of The Bachelor, finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad’s proposal and was looking forward to walking down the aisle. Unfortunately her relationship with Brad ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves. It’s hard to meet men as a single mom, but Emily will have her pick of 25 bachelors when she gets a second opportunity to find love starring in the eighth edition of The Bachelorette. Emily, 25, led a tragic but fulfilling life before meeting Brad. In 2004 she became engaged to famed NASCAR driver and team owner Ricky Hendrick. Sadly Hendrick died in a plane crash in October, 2004, leaving his fiancée pregnant with their child. The apple of Emily’s eye and legacy of their love, Josephine Riddick Ricki Hendrick was born June 29, 2005. So, in other words, the girl has commitment issues slash nobody can really live up to the love she had for her dead fiancé.
Tuesday, May 15th
Pregnant in Heels, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
- This docu-drama follows maternity concierge, fashion designer, and pregnancy guru, Rosie Pope as she guides expecting mothers through the joys and perils of preparing to have a baby. Pope owns two high fashion maternity clothing boutiques -– one in Manhattan and the other in Santa Monica — and runs MomPrep, the premier training academy for mothers-to-be. With the help of her LT and new exec Alison, Rosie runs her business, designs the clothing for her line, and takes on clients on a case-by-case basis to help them with all their bizarre baby needs. Each week, viewers will join Pope and her team as they tackle two new clients and their pregnancy dilemmas. Rosie Pope is the maternity concierge to the most affluent, expectant mothers in New York City, and she can tackle anything -– from planning a home birth to helping a single mom-to-be date during her eighth month of pregnancy, from throwing a babymoon in the Dominican Republic to rigging a paranoid client’s house with video cameras to spy on her nanny.