Monday, May 28th
Hatfields & McCoys, 2-hour miniseries premiere at 9pm on History
- It’s the true American story of a legendary family feud—one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Hatfields & McCoys, a three-part miniseries, showcases an all-star cast led by Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. It chronicles a clash of clans that inspired passion, vengeance, courage, sacrifice, crimes and accusations, while forever transforming the two families and the region they lived in. The Hatfield-McCoy saga begins with Devil Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton). Close friends and comrades until near the end of the Civil War, they return to their neighboring homes—Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky—to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon explode into all-out warfare between their families. As hostilities grow, friends, neighbors and outside forces join the fight, bringing the two states to the brink of another civil war.
Hemmingway & Gellhorn, TV movie from 9 to 11:40pm on HBO
- HBO’s new big screen-worthy movie recounts one of the greatest romances of the last century – the passionate love affair and tumultuous marriage of literary master Ernest Hemingway (Clive Owen) and the beautiful, trailblazing war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Nicole Kidman) – as it follows the adventurous writers through the Spanish Civil War and beyond. As witnesses to history, they covered all the great conflicts of their time; but the war they couldn’t survive was the war between themselves.
Single Ladies, season premiere at 9pm on VH1
- Single Ladies is a modern, sexy series set in the world of Atlanta fashion, music, and celebrity that will constantly explore which woman has the right approach to relationships. Following star Stacey Dash’s surprising departure from the show after the 1st season, Denise Vasi (All My Children) joined the cast as Raquel, a businesswoman who happens to be friends with Keisha. Keisha (LisaRaye McCoy) is a former video dancer just looking for a rich man to keep her in style. April (Charity Shea,) has supposedly found the perfect man and the perfect marriage – but is learning that marriage isn’t necessarily a happy ending. Recent DWTS finalist and professional Latin hottie William Levy signed on for a guest stint as Raquel’s love interest.
Tuesday, May 29th
The Catalina, series premiere at 8pm on The CW
- With a nightlife as hot as the sun-soaked beaches, CW’s new reality series centers on the young, wild staff of The Catalina hotel in Miami’s South Beach. Forming their own dysfunctional family unit, the fun-loving group works hard during the day, while at night, they party even harder than their guests. The show will follow the group as they manage their relationships with each other, while working hard to create a fun, exciting experience for the guests at the hotel. When the group works and parties together, drama always ensues. The two pool bartenders Nancy and Kris used to date and still have to work together – which causes jealousy when Kris flirts with fellow staff and hotel guests. Bartender David does his best to fit in with his fellow co-workers, while pool cocktail server DeDe often serves as the voice of reason with the group.
Big Brooklyn Style, series premiere at 10pm on TLC
- Big Brooklyn Style follows husband and wife business owners Lisa and Jim Dolan as they attempt to redefine the plus-size shopping experience through their Brooklyn clothing store, Lee Lee’s Valise. Each episode focuses on three different customers and their shopping experience at the store. Through laughs, drama, and some tears, Lisa and her team seek to transform not only their customers’ wardrobe, but their outlook on life and themselves. Ultimately, Lisa’s goal with Lee Lee’s Valise is for women of all shapes and sizes to feel confident, fashionable, and sexy.
Workaholics, season premiere at 10:30pm on Comedy Central
- Workaholics follows Blake, Adam and Ders, three friends who work together as telemarketers from 9 to 5, live together from 5 to 9 and party together 24/7. Whether they’re at their house in Rancho Cucamonga or getting ready to rage at a Renaissance Faire, the guys find trouble wherever they go.
Wednesday, May 30th
Melissa & Joey, season premiere at 8pm on ABC Family
- This returning comedy starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, follows Mel, the grown-up former wild child of a political family, who is now a local politician herself. When her sister ends up in prison and her brother-in-law flees after a scandal hits, Mel must take responsibility for her teenaged niece, Lennox, and nephew, Ryder. With Mel spread too thin to manage by herself, help comes in the unlikely form of Joe, who moves in and becomes the family’s “manny.”
Dogs in the City, series premiere at 8pm on CBS
- CBS’s new summer reality series stars New York City dog guru Justin Silver, a master at resolving issues between canines and their owners – no matter whose behavior is at fault. In Manhattan, Justin Silver is known as the “go-to guy” for all things dog-related. He has a creative and instinctive ability to connect with his canine customers while solving dilemmas for their two-legged masters. In each episode, he meets with clients who present a range of relationship problems, lifestyle changes or domestic issues – from a couple looking to move in together, but she’s terrified of his golden retriever, to a recently divorced couple whose dog is having a rough time adjusting to joint custody. Justin gets as imaginative as necessary to reach a satisfying resolution, often finding that the owners can be a special breed themselves.
Thursday, May 31st
Breaking Pointe, series premiere at 8pm on The CW
- For the first time ever, the beauty and grace of ballet, the world’s preeminent dance form, will be brought to television. Viewers will also see the dark side of this seemingly perfect world; the jealousy, competition and intensity that exist behind the scenes at a professional ballet company. For under the tights and tutus lie warriors, who battle in a gritty world of extreme athleticism, focus and dedication, while hunting for the unattainable…perfection. Breaking Pointe rips back the curtain on the inner workings of elite Salt Lake City Ballet Company, Ballet West. It obliterates the notion that ballet is a dated art form and shatters pre-conceived stereotypes about the men and women who give their lives to the world of ballet. Beneath their perfect exteriors, these dancers have the toughness of linebackers, punishing their bodies to achieve perfection and dancing through injuries and pain.
Friday, June 1st
Whale Wars, season premiere at 9pm on Animal Planet
- Whale Wars: It’s not about whales. It’s about 42 crazy die-hards with a mission. Follow the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society’s ongoing struggle to end Japanese whaling on our website, featuring deleted scenes, crew profiles, behind-the-scenes interviews, articles about whaling and much, much more!
Coming Home, season premiere at 10pm on Lifetime
- The powerful reality series Coming Home featuring U.S. soldiers’ surprise family reunions after serving long tours of duty on behalf of the country, pays tribute to American armed forces personnel and their families. Coming Home will follow the unforgettable and inspiring surprise reunions of soldiers from all five branches of the military with their spouses, children, parents and other loved ones as they return home from active duty throughout the world.
Saturday, June 2nd
It’s Me or the Dog, season premiere at 7pm on Animal Planet
- From unruly retrievers to pampered pugs, Victoria has seen them all. But what about the owners who live with them? It’s not just the dogs that need help! It’s Me or the Dog follows world renown dog trainer Victoria Stilwell as she tries to restore harmony in homes where pets are running riot and the family is in the dog house.