Veep, series premiere at 10pm on HBO
- Former Senator Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) has accepted the call to serve as Vice President of the United States. The job is nothing like she imagined and everything she was warned about. Veep follows Meyer and her staff as they attempt to make their mark and leave a lasting legacy, without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington. Meyer’s inner circle includes: her chief of staff Amy, longtime press spokesperson Mike McClintock, right hand and body man Gary and secretary Sue, all of whom often do battle with Dan Egan, an ambitious interloper, and smug White House liaison Jonah.
The Real Housewives of New Jersey, season premiere at 10pm on Bravo
- Bravo’s watercooler hit, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, returns for its fourth season featuring current Celebrity Apprentice contestant Teresa Guidice. Table-flipping Guidice joins Melissa Gorga, Jacqueline Laurita, Caroline Manzo, and Kathy Wakile for a season full of sun, fun, and loads of drama. Everyone’s favorite Garden State ladies prove there are no lazy days of summer. Melissa continues to focus on her music career and gets help from celebrity choreographer Chris Judd. Caroline keeps busy with her brother’s gay wedding and helps her daughter Lauren with her weight loss issues. Kathy has her mouth and hands full as she expands her delicious dessert line and keeps her two high school teenagers in check. Struggling with certain friendships and loyalties, Jacqueline finds herself at a breaking point. This season is not all work as the ladies also have some time to enjoy themselves with trips to the Jersey Shore, lavish outdoor parties and even a trip to Northern California.
Tuesday, April 24th
The L.A. Complex, series premiere at 9pm on The CW
- Small fish. Big pond. Huge dreams. Every day, young people with stars in their eyes get off the bus in Los Angeles in search of fame and fortune. The L.A. Complex centers on a group of aspiring performers pursuing stardom in the City of Angels. Living in an apartment-style motel for displaced dreamers, each dubbed “most likely to succeed,” they all face the challenges and opportunities of a lifetime. The young hopefuls who have become neighbors, friends and the closest thing any of them have to family, include Connor (Jonathan Patrick Moore), an actor with drop-dead good looks and a dark past, who has just landed a leading role in his first series; Raquel (Jewel Staite, Firefly) is a street-smart actress who had one big hit series, but is worried she’s quickly becoming yesterday’s news; Nick is a struggling stand-up comedian who is always the best friend and never the boyfriend; Abby is the naive but determined young actress who gave up a boyfriend back home to stay in L.A. until she gets her big break; Alicia is a sensitive, aspiring dancer who will do whatever it takes to make ends meet; Kaldrick, the superstar Hip-Hop artist who hails from the streets of Oakland, California; and Tariq, the talented aspiring Hip-Hop artist who is hiding a secret. For every bona fide starlet, there are countless cocktail waitresses. For every true rock star, there are hundreds of musicians playing for tips on the street. For every comedian with a hit sitcom, there are dozens of guys cracking jokes while pouring your coffee. In L.A., your life can change in the blink of an eye. On Monday, you might score some face-time with a big-shot producer. On Wednesday, you might sign that multi-million dollar contract you’ve been dreaming of, but until then, one thing is for sure: every month, the rent is due.
Wednesday, April 25th
Locked Up Abroad, season premiere at 10pm on Nat Geo
- Erica Aude is an actor whose credits include “Van Wilder” and “Dude, Where’s My Car?” but even actors can be recruited as an unwitting drug mule and end up serving nearly three years in a Pakistan prison hellhole. As a bonus, the premiere episode about Aude features Aude playing himself in reenactments of the bust.
Total Blackout, series premiere at 10pm on Syfy
- Hosted by current Dancing With The Stars contestant Jaleel White (Family Matters), Total Blackout is a half-hour extreme game show in which contestants battle each other and their fears in a series of challenges, confronting their own worst enemy – themselves. However, there is a twist – all the challenges are played in complete darkness; no lights, no blindfolds and no-holds barred as the players face their fears and unexpected surprises in a series of nerve-wracking games.
Thursday, April 26th
The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet, series premiere at 11pm on Lifetime
- Let The Conversation begin…Lifetime’s all-new series The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet, is a refreshing and intimate take on celebrity interviews hosted by British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet. Creator de Cadenet marks her U.S. television debut in this series executive produced by Demi Moore. Presenting an honest, authentic and raw view of the shared issues affecting women today, each episode will feature de Cadenet having powerful and in-depth interviews with some of the world’s most famous and influential women, including Jane Fonda, Lady Gaga, Gwyneth Paltrow, Miley Cyrus, Eva Longoria, Kelly Preston, Alicia Keys, New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Donna Karan, Ivanka Trump, Olivia Wilde and Gabby Sidibe. Together with de Cadenet in the comfort of her or their own homes, they – many for the first time publicly – will tackle a wide variety of topics universal to all females, including sexuality, body image, career and finances, relationships, love and loss, politics, human rights, transformation, breakthrough and perseverance. The series will also feature “Women on the Street” segments in which women from all walks of life also reveal their personal feelings about their lives and the world today.
Saturday, April 28th
Thick of It, season premiere at 12am on BBC America
- If you’re into classy idealistic portrayals of politics like The West Wing, you may be surprised by BBC America’s third season of The Thick of It, which is the exact opposite in bureaucratic entertainment. BBC Four’s Award winning show is a no-holds-barred, satirical romp exploring the inner debacles of British government. It’s so funny it hurts, so savage it’s scary popularity spawned the 2009 spin-off film “In the Loop,” which also covers civil servants and their constant battle with the British media circus. HBO’s new show Veep is loosely based on the series.
Cloudstreet, miniseries premiere at 10pm on Ovation
- The 6-part miniseries is based on the award-winning and best-selling novel by Tim Winton and features an outstanding ensemble cast. Set in and around Perth, Western Australia during the 1940s and 1950s, Cloudstreet tells the story of two rural families who suffer separate catastrophes and flee to the city to pick up the pieces of their lives and start again. Brought together in the same house at No.1 Cloud Street, the Lambs and the Pickles share numerous tragedies and triumphs that draw them closer together, until the roof over their heads becomes a home for their hearts.
Flipped Off, series premiere at 10pm on A&E
- Flipping homes has never been an easy business, and since the collapse of the housing market it’s never been more dangerous. Time is the new enemy as flippers race to rehabilitate properties before renovation costs climb too high and market prices fall too low. This is the type of risk that attracts Russell Hantz, the Master Manipulator from three seasons of Survivor, where bold moves can make or break you, and the dollar bill is the bottom line. Throwing down cold hard cash on a house that you just viewed takes brains, intuition and a whole lot of guts. However, Hantz isn’t working alone. Determined to be one of the biggest house flippers in Houston, he’s bringing along his big brother, Shawn, as his project manager as well as the beautiful and savvy real estate agent, Kristen. The brothers butt heads more than a pair of rams in a staring contest but giving them some semblance of balance is Kristen, who isn’t afraid to slap some sense into the Hantz brothers when their egos get in the way of making money.