Sunday, August 14th
The Great Food Truck Race, season premiere at 10pm on Food Network
- Hosted by Tyler Florence, The Great Food Truck Race returns for season 2 and features eight gourmet food trucks as they embark on an epic coast-to-coast culinary road trip through cities including Santa Monica, Calif.; Las Vegas; Salt Lake City; Denver; Manhattan, Kan.; Memphis, Tenn., Atlanta, and Miami. Each week, the trucks roll into a new city and compete in dynamic challenges – often battling tough conditions including weather problems, location mishaps, food sourcing issues, and ever-changing customer taste buds. In the end, it’s all about which truck can sell the most food and race to the next episode while the losing team is sent home. Guest judges join host Tyler Florence in each episode and the last truck standing wins $100,000.
Monday, August 15th
Most Eligible Dallas, series premiere at 10pm on Bravo
- They’re young, they’re hot, they’re single – they’re Dallas’ Most Eligible. From beauty queens to pro-football players, this group of Texas socialites proves that everything’s bigger in Texas – including the drama. Some are looking for true love while others have perfected the art of the one-night stand, and somehow their love lives have all crossed paths at one time or another. Dallas serves as the sexy backdrop for this jaw-dropping series that follows a group of successful friends living it up in the lone star state.
The Lying Game, series premiere at 9pm on ABC Family
- The new series, based on the novel, follows Emma, a kind-hearted foster kid who learns she has an identical twin sister, Sutton. Sutton, unlike Emma, was adopted by wealthy parents and is seemingly living an ideal life. After their initial meeting, Sutton talks Emma into stepping into her life for a few days while she pursues a lead on the mysterious identity of their birth mother. After Sutton inexplicably fails to return to the girls’ designated meeting place, Emma must decide whether to come clean about her identity and risk her own safety in the hope of uncovering her twin sister’s whereabouts, along with the truth about why they were separated in the first place.
Tuesday, August 16th
Family Restaurant, series premiere at 10pm on WEtv
- This new reality series gives a hilarious glimpse into one family’s life in the high-pressure restaurant biz. The series serves up an unforgettably eccentric cast of characters, a steady diet of colorful, behind-the-scenes stories, and platter after mouthwatering platter of amazing food. Cooking frenzies, communication breakdowns and front-of-house antics abound. The daily trials and triumphs of running a busy restaurant ignite family friction, often with hilarious results. But the Quon family’s bond runs as deep as their passion for the Lingnan, and the result is a fast and funny series.
What Not To Wear, season premiere at 9pm on TLC
- TLC’s fashion reality series returns with more life-changing makeovers in the show’s 9th season. Each week, TLC resident fashion experts Stacy London and Clinton Kelly face an assortment of fashionably challenged contributors, providing them with invaluable fashion advice and life-changing transformations, inside and out. Hair stylist Ted Gibson and makeup artist Carmindy add the finishing touches that complete the change.
Wednesday, August 17th
The Hour, series premiere at 10pm on BBC America
- Dominic West (The Wire), Romola Garai (Emma) and Ben Whishaw (Bright Star) lead an all-star cast on The Hour, an original, edge-of-your-seat spy thriller set in the world of television journalism in 1956 that The New York Times raves has “a style and intelligence all its own.” BBC reporters Bel Rowley (Romola Garai) and Freddie Lyon (Ben Whishaw) are given the opportunity to escape their jobs producing dull newsreels and work on a new, weekly investigative news program. The interplay and intense ambitions between the rising news team plays out against the backdrop of a rivalry between Freddie and lead anchorman Hector Madden (Dominic West) for Bel’s affections. But it’s only when Freddie has a chance encounter with a childhood friend, Ruth Elms, that he is thrust into the middle of a mysterious murder along with a controversial and dangerous investigation.
Thursday, August 18th
The Millionaire Matchmaker, season premiere at 9pm on Bravo
- Newly single Patti Stanger takes reign over her clients’ love lives, but is love in store for the matchmaker herself? Patti calls on celebrity friends Tori Spelling and Jenny McCarthy to provide expert advice for her hapless millionaires. From a former NFL player to Million Dollar Listing’s Madison Hildebrand, Patti will be challenged to find love for a very diverse roster of rich singles. In each episode, two wealthy clients are set up with dates hand-picked by Patti. With a brutally blunt approach and a big heart, Patti and her staff — Chief Operating Officer, Destin Pfaff and VP of Matching, Rachel Federoff – give their millionaire clients complete transformations with the help of personal shoppers, date coaches and therapists.
Do Something Awards, awards show at 9pm on VH1
- DoSomething.org and VH1 have once again partnered to present The Do Something Awards to honor young people’s commitment to social change. Emmy and Golden Globe winner Jane Lynch (Glee’s fabulous Sue Sylvester) will return to host the star-studded Do Something Awards telecast for a second year. The show will feature performances by Demi Lovato, one of my favorites OneRepublic featuring B.O.B, and Foster The People. The all-star lineup of presenters includes Kristen Bell, Nick Cannon, Jon Cryer, Victoria Justice, Adam Lambert, Mario Lopez, Rose McGowan, Olivia Munn, Keke Palmer and Lauren Potter.
Friday, August 19th
Tanked, series premiere at 9pm on Animal Planet
- Following the antics of two brothers-in-law as they run the largest aquarium manufacturing company in the nation, Tanked dunks viewers into the high-decibel, family-owned business of Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM). Led by business partners, best friends and constant rivals Wayde King and Brett Raymer, this 13,000 square foot facility, located in Las Vegas, produces some of the most outrageous, larger-than-life and one-of-a-kind tanks for some of the most striking fish and clients around. No job is too big, too far, or too outlandish as Wayde and Brett travel the world to make fellow fish enthusiast’s dreams of having their own little piece of the ocean a reality. They’ve created tanks to look like pyramids, spheres, phone booths, cars, kegs, the female anatomy and much more. Their work is customized to fit intricate and interesting locations including restaurants, casinos, banks, hotels, churches, corporate offices, mansions, museums and zoos. Working with opinionated and outrageous family and staff, including Wayde’s wife, Heather, and Brett and Heather’s father, “The General”, the show reveals the stress, success, and sometimes dysfunction, of a family business that has been running strong for 14 years.
Saturday, August 20th
Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Camp, season premiere at 10pm on VH1 Classic
- This five episode series documents the real life dream inside every music fan — becoming a rock star! Rock N’ Roll Fantasy Camp will follow 12 musicians ready to step out of their lives as 9 to 5′ers, truck drivers, teachers, dads and husbands and onto the stage. Over one week, our campers will form bands and rehearse…culminating in a live performance at an iconic venue their own rock idols have conquered. With a few hiccups along the way, the journey will be anything but dull…fights will erupt and stage fright will ensue, ensuring that only those with rock n’ roll in their blood will make it!